Traders Please Read. [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Traders Please Read.

acmirro
03-04-2002, 10:21 PM
So far I have had pretty good experiences in trading Gi Joe items from this board. I have had a few minor setbacks, but nothing that didn't get fixed. (We all have problems with people who don't return emails but thats not what I mean.)

This week I have had two problems with trades, both being that the other person mailed my stuff in a plain white envelope. The first package was for a gun, which when I got was broken. The second? I have no idea what it was or who it was from.

I received a windowed envelope from the Post office with a mutilated plain white envelope in it. The envelope was obviously "eaten" by a letter sorting machine. All that was left of the letter was my first name, my address, and the back of the envelope. I can make out the remnants of the stamp where it says "DA". Im assuming the "DA" is the last of "CANADA" because there is part of a sticker with English/French on it.

I have a few ideas who it is from but I cant be exactly sure because I had trades with a few people in Canada this month. I think this really bites because I kept my end of the trade and I get nothing in return.

I KNOW this was brought up before, but I felt that everyone who is new to trading might of missed that one.

Padded envelopes are cheap, can be reused, and are sorted differently. The stuff you send is protected. Getting broken parts is equivalent to getting no parts at all.

Im sorry to ramble, but I felt it important.

Thank you,
Acmirro

Prozac
03-05-2002, 02:00 AM
I gotta agree with anthony here. Just testerday I got a gun in a plain white envelope. The guy had taped 2 pieces of cardboard to the guna nd the envelope started ripping. Luckinly, it didn't rip all the way until I got it. I too have been burnt by people sending in white envelopes. You can get them for $.50 at Walmart. I pick up a dozen every time I go. It's better to spend a little mor eon envelopes than o have a trade/purchase go bad. Just my 2 francs.

ms_skat_kat
03-05-2002, 03:12 AM
yes i will admit that i have sent something in a regular envelope.i had no i dea that the stuff goes through machines and causes it to rip.i grew up in a small town and when i picked up the mail i saw them hand stamping everything.
after i did a trade someone e-mailed me saying that the evelope had been like burnt and a accesory wasnt in there,i felt bad of what i had done and felt stupid cause i could have prevented it by useing a simple padded envelope.
but now i know

JustinBarnhill
03-05-2002, 05:43 AM
and knowing is half the battle!

can't believe i beat some of you guys to that!

:D

AMulls
03-05-2002, 06:43 AM
Thanks for the warning. As a new guy I have only traded a couple of times. I did send them in white envelopes, but all I sent were filecards. I hope they make it. So the people I traded with, if the FCs are damaged (more than they originally were, I mentioned this), let me know and I will return whatever you sent me. Next time I will use padded envelopes.

Prozac
03-05-2002, 07:17 AM
FCs shoul dbe OK...not a whole lot different than sending a letter. Plus they can bend a little. Most guns don't. That's why they get eaten by the post office monster!

Falconxl
03-06-2002, 02:46 PM
When I send stuff I try to re use bubble envelopes if I remember to save them. Sometimes though, people don't want to pay that little bit extra for the envelope if I don't have them. I got a mutilated letter that was ran throught the machine. It was a Tiger Rat missile. Alls that was left was the tip. I will send stuff out in padded envelopes if I can, but I have to remember to request them as well. Its better than not getting the part at all.

thestoreon44
03-06-2002, 05:13 PM
boxes people BOXES... good ones to use if you're not a business? find a sports card shop. buy some 200 and 300 count boxes. they should cost about 50 cents each. nothing gets crushed, you can stand on these things. go get em, it's worth it.

Pete The Greek
03-06-2002, 07:19 PM
If you use a white envelope, incase the accessory in something hard to prevent damage. Prozac must of rolled over in laughter when he saw the job I did to protect Gnawgahyde's knife the first time we traded. I enclosed the knife with a old photocopier card and taped it shut. I am pretty sure it did the job.

Peter

wolf
03-06-2002, 07:28 PM
A little common sense goes A long way in the postal service :D
http://hendrix.yirku.com/killaz/cobralogo.gif

JustinBarnhill
03-07-2002, 07:43 AM
the trick would be finding any common sense in the postal service......i know ;)

Recondo
03-08-2002, 10:26 PM
Furthermore (if this has not already been stated), ask the desk po workers to stamp "do not bend" on your bubble envelopes (they have this stamp at their windows). I am pretty good friends with my po guys.. & it was just recently explained to me that if the delivery guy/girl doesn't see this, he/she might very well bend it in half to fit it inside of a mailbox. If this stamp is applied, he/she won't bend it... etc (well, at least in theory anyway! lol).

Just fyi.

[ May 06, 2002: Message edited by: Recondo ]

crimsonguardsman140
04-24-2002, 07:22 AM
Man Im glad someone LMK. I did not even think to get padded envelopes. The same thing happened to me and the stuff I got was all busted up. Im still irked about that. I wont even trade with the guy anymore

joebuster151
05-22-2002, 07:31 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Recondo:
Furthermore (if this has not already been stated), ask the desk po workers to stamp "do not bend" on your bubble envelopes (they have this stamp at their windows). I am pretty good friends with my po guys.. & it was just recently explained to me that if the delivery guy/girl doesn't see this, he/she might very well bend it in half to fit it inside of a mailbox. If this stamp is applied, he/she won't bend it... etc (well, at least in theory anyway! lol).

Just fyi.

[ May 06, 2002: Message edited by: Recondo ]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I always write it on myself. ;) I don't mind getting stuff in envelopes at all, a long as there is a lot of bubble packing in it. Sometimes it's a lot cheaper to just reuse that in a regular envelope.

MUNDO
05-22-2002, 03:19 PM
Prozac, I cant remember, but I hope it wasnt me that sent that envelope!!I did sent out a Stormshadow sword in an envelope with two pieces of card stock aped around it. The sword is flat and flexible so it should have been safe. Same goes for the SS bow, although if I remember right, I mailed that in a padded envelope with some other stuff for Bucky. Anyway, the envelope deal was done that way because it was finals time and I had no time to make it to the PO or Wally World to pick up the padded ones.

Someone sent me a Wild Weasel in a white envelope one time! I dont know how the PO let them get away with it, I try to mail stuff even remotely as thick in a white envelope, it gets mailed back to me.

frenchy
05-24-2002, 10:48 AM
And dont use masking tape, the machines tear up that stuff too