Willy Darius .... [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Willy Darius ....

Chris Lanigan
11-09-2002, 12:20 PM
Yes, I am NEW to this board. I am usually browsing to see what is up with Mr.Darius.I was also scammed back in July and unfortunately found this site too late. I have filed with the IFCC but am not very hopeful. I received a copy of my MO but it is useless. Has anyone ever been reimbursed by Willy ? HaHa !! Just wondering.
I know that I was stupid for going through with our transaction, but, I must say this. Some members on this board are too critical of the people that did get scammed. You can do all of the research you want on someone. Anyone can create a good stack of references. I could, for example, make numerous EXCELLENT and successful trades and then all at once choose to scam FIRST TIME traders or even REGULARS. Good feedback does not mean everything and the complexity of this scam runs deep.The vulnerability of the internet has been proven and peoples desires to have things that are not easily obtained are being exploited. I hate to preach my thoughts but I hope someone else sees this and thinks more about their next deal regardless of who it is ... NO-ONE is totally safe. See ya

BK
11-09-2002, 05:28 PM
THese are all true things that you've said Chris, however, I am constantly amazed by the number of people that just send money to anybody who shows them a picture, sometimes without EVEN BOTHERING to check references. I have no sympathy for people who are screwed in this manner, as it is easily avoided. I was suspicious of Willy from the beginning simply because his deals were too good to be true, and sure enough, about a month after I declined to deal with him, the bad trader posts began to appear. It's true that anyone could decide to go bad at any moment, but a large portion of bad trades can be prevented just by using common sense and a little research. Obviously, Willy is very good, but some people are sadly lacking in "con artist" qualities, yet they continue to find new victims each day.

Chris Lanigan
11-09-2002, 06:38 PM
I hear ya. It just sucks! My fault is that I am "computer illiterate" and did not use its' potential to my advantage. I blame no-one but myself but certainly think anyone can become a target. I trade on Spawn.com and have seen GOOD TRADERS become BAD TRADERS overnight. I am not sure what turns them, but instantly, a good person can get in financial trouble and use their good status for bad doings.
Anyway, I just wanted to add my name to this ongoing saga. Talk to you later.