Heavy Heart Saying...Dont Buy From Scott Montgomery.... [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Heavy Heart Saying...Dont Buy From Scott Montgomery....

crimsonguardsman140
03-28-2002, 05:39 AM
I hate posting bad people on the board. I try to work it out as much as I can. I can even take a not so mint figure, a broken weapon, or straight to the point people. What I cant stand is being ignored and excuses being made when a package is late. Who and what Im talking about is Scott Montgomery. I purchased some stuff from him before and the purchase went semi smooth. All the stuff I got was in excellent condition and I had no complaints but one. It took forever for him to respond to emails. It also took awhile to get my stuff, but that was in part because I sent a personal check. On this next purchase I spent over 70 bucks. I sent him a check on the 6th, and here it is the 28th and I still havent received my package. Granted most people wait the 10 day limit for checks to clear but the poepl who deal with me know I will let them know when the check is cleared and I always keep a open forum with them. I caught up with him last thursday the 21st, and he admitted he didnt send out the package due to a new job. I got concerned because Ive heard stories of that line before. Well as Ive mentioned before its now the 28th and no package. Ive been sending emails back and forth left and right, and I have gotten no response back what so ever. No "I put it in the mail, no I'll refund your money no nothing. Im hoping its a misunderstanding and he is really truly busy, but its still inexcusable and bad business practice to not email, or respond to fellow joe collectors, as well as not send out packages in a timely manner. Hopefully he will see this and send off my package...or my money back. SO just watch out gang, and be aware. Until next time yo joe!

larsfan26
03-28-2002, 10:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by crimsonguardman140:
I hate posting bad people on the board. I try to work it out as much as I can. I can even take a not so mint figure, a broken weapon, or straight to the point people. What I cant stand is being ignored and excuses being made when a package is late. Who and what Im talking about is Scott Montgomery. I purchased some stuff from him before and the purchase went semi smooth. All the stuff I got was in excellent condition and I had no complaints but one. It took forever for him to respond to emails. It also took awhile to get my stuff, but that was in part because I sent a personal check. On this next purchase I spent over 70 bucks. I sent him a check on the 6th, and here it is the 28th and I still havent received my package. Granted most people wait the 10 day limit for checks to clear but the poepl who deal with me know I will let them know when the check is cleared and I always keep a open forum with them. I caught up with him last thursday the 21st, and he admitted he didnt send out the package due to a new job. I got concerned because Ive heard stories of that line before. Well as Ive mentioned before its now the 28th and no package. Ive been sending emails back and forth left and right, and I have gotten no response back what so ever. No "I put it in the mail, no I'll refund your money no nothing. Im hoping its a misunderstanding and he is really truly busy, but its still inexcusable and bad business practice to not email, or respond to fellow joe collectors, as well as not send out packages in a timely manner. Hopefully he will see this and send off my package...or my money back. SO just watch out gang, and be aware. Until next time yo joe!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>i bought my hovercraft from him about a year ago,and i didnt have any problems.hopefully he will send out your package soon.

crimsonguardsman140
03-28-2002, 10:36 AM
Yeah the first time I bought some stuff(bf2000) he sent it off. It took awhile but that was because of the check. Its been way too long now. No response no nothing.

theSTROOPER
03-28-2002, 05:01 PM
while i'm kind of leaning in the direction that your jumping the gun because of slow shipment, that still doesn't justify his lack of correspondense with you. hmmm, i can only wish you luck on the deal at this point. i know when i start working again i won't be doing much with people here on yojoe.com depending on my workload and the drive distance. if he's been a proven trader in the past i think you should send him a nasty email, but i would've waited a little longer i think to post him here. just my opinion though. if your deal doesn't work out i know i won't be dealing with him in the future.

crimsonguardsman140
03-29-2002, 05:17 AM
Yeah I try not to send nasty emails, its wrong. The main reason I posted here because it been a long while since Ive heard from him, and I was hoping he would see it. When I see him on messenger service and send him an email...he logs off. Whats that about? Its not just me either. Another fellow collector is going through the exact same stuff with him now. I think he got wind of it because we both finally got emails yesterday saying he would mail our stuff off, even though he said he was going to mail it of at least a week ago. But even still a quick email or something would be nice. If Im wrong then I will happily retract my statement, and suffer through humiliation. I actually hope Im wrong because he seems to be a cool guy. Its just not not good business practice top not email and keep a open rapport.

Optimus
04-01-2002, 03:38 PM
Charles has every right to be upset. I did take my sweet time sending his purchase out. But for good reason. I had just started a new job and decided to keep my old one as well. This took up about 20 of my 24 hours in a day!! And the adjustment to working two jobs was just tedious. But I have no hard feelings and hope he is happy with his purchase. I hope this in no way jeopordizes my dealings with anyone else that sees these post and wishes to purchase things from me!!

Thank you
Scott

Columns-Viper
04-02-2002, 08:01 PM
Yes to let evryone know that I bought some stuff from Scott, and it has taken a month to get my stuff, but he did email and told me is job problems and he also emailed me to let me know that he was taking a day off from work to get everything squared away with everyone. So if anyone else has orders waiting from Scott just give him a couple more days and maybe we will all get our stuff. Hope this eased some peoples tensions

crimsonguardsman140
04-03-2002, 02:06 PM
Im not mad anymore Scott. Board I did receive my stuff, and everything was just the way he described it, right down to the broken Long Range(even though it was the wrong gun *chuckle*)*chuckle*. The main reason I was getting mad was because it seemed like I was being avoided. I like to keep an open rapport with whomever I trade/sell/buy from start to finish. I think thats good business practice. Its cool though, and Scott did come through for me. As long as he gets stuff to me in a timely manner, I would trade with him in a minute.