Do not buy from americafirst!!! [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Do not buy from americafirst!!!

jonboy
09-03-2002, 01:58 PM
Avoid this guy at all costs!!!. I bought 8 figures from him that were described in his post as mint condition. When I got them in the mail, they were worn out and had TONS of wear on them as well as missing some accessories. I understand that people's opinion of mint varies, but these would not even pass for C-8!!! I emailed him and asked him what was up, and he blew me off. He said that they were exactly as described and that got a great deal!!! These figs are barely worth a few bucks each. They don't even have useable parts on them for swapping. I feel very ripped off, and I would suggest that you use caution when dealing with him. Thanks for listening to my rant.

bleedyoudry
09-04-2002, 05:39 AM
... but he only buy "high quality" figures from the "best sellers".

*cough* *cough*

Nicolas_Blowasky
09-07-2002, 06:45 PM
I got suspicious about his guy when I found out he has a few user accounts. It gets confusing sometimes when he posts with out account then replies with another. It almost seems like he's hijacking his own thread.

Thanks,
Nick Cage

jonboy
09-07-2002, 06:48 PM
What is weird is that I checked his feedback before I bought from him and it was all good. Then, he rips me off!!! Strange indeed.....

Nicolas_Blowasky
09-07-2002, 07:03 PM
His prices weren't that great either.
:D
Thanks,
Nick Cage

[ September 08, 2002: Message edited by: Nicolas_Blowasky ]

jonboy
09-07-2002, 07:08 PM
I really learned a lesson from that one.

dockingbay97
09-07-2002, 09:07 PM
Wait a minute here!!

You guys can bash his selling all you want but

Now we are going to bash his patriot name?

I live in Seattle and see lots of girls wearing "Canadian Girls Rock" and other people wearing all other kinds of Canadian shirts. What do I think when I see them? Oh they are patriot for their country. If being patriot for ones country is a crime, then consider me jailed.

After 9/11 you should be more careful about bashing someone's USA patriotism, Nicolas_Blowasky

jonboy
09-07-2002, 09:16 PM
I am not bashing his name, just his obvious lack of ethics. America is the best, and I will be there with my head lowered in silence on 9-11 along with everyone else.

Toy-Classifieds.com
09-11-2002, 08:45 AM
How wierd indeed. some months back I bought a mint CG from him for $20 and it was mint. No shipping and it was perfect. I even got it in a few days. I sent payment via paypal and all. I wonder what happened to this guy. I am sorry you got wronged JonBoy. I hear you were banned from ebay recently as well. What for if I may ask?

jonboy
09-11-2002, 09:34 AM
My now ex-stepson was using my account to bid on things with no intention of paying and he sold his McFarlane figs to someone and never sent them. That ended up costing me $135 right there!!! If you read the feedback under "jonboy" you will see replies to negatives that are obviously written by a kid. Man, the whole Ebay thing was a huge mess that I probably will never recover from. I am a very honest trader, and I have lots of feedback here and on SirSteve's Guide. There are a lot of people who can attest to my honesty and good dealings. As far as the Ebay thing, there is nothing that I can do about that now. I have worked hard to rebuild my unjustly tarnished reputation and I think that I have succeeded. Do not worry about your NF Spearhead, if that is what this is about. You will get it just as I promised when your check arrives. I am guessing that you heard this from Greg, right? Well, his doubts will be put to rest when he gets his very nice Thunder fig. If ANYONE here has any doubts about me, I would very much welcome you to email me and I would be glad to answer any questions that you might have about me. I have nothing to hide and my excellent feedback speaks for itself. Thanks for listening.

[ September 11, 2002: Message edited by: jonboy ]

Toy-Classifieds.com
09-12-2002, 02:31 AM
I had no worries of you Jon smile.gif I was just curious and yes Grag asked me about it and what I thought and I endorsed you based on your communication and successful deal with Gungho and on yojoe. He simply asked me because you mentioned me in your email to him and I was curious. I did not intend to front on you bro. If I were worried about you then you would have gotten an email from me. It's all good. I do my homework well. smile.gif

GungHo
09-12-2002, 03:16 AM
Yes, I must say I've been very pleased in trading with Johnathon.I enjoy quick,smooth trades....so trading with Johnathon has been a real pleasure.Trade #3 of ours was completed last night smile.gif Thanks again Johnathon !

jonboy
09-12-2002, 04:48 AM
Thanks guys. I have enjoyed dealing with you as well.

scwv
10-17-2002, 01:42 PM
was this guy the one from new jersey? if so i think hew was just on to sell stuff he had from when he was a kid. if it is him i actually met w/ him and bought his uss flagg. i think he just has no idea about condition and all since he isn't a collector. it is messed up he ignored your e mails.