MISB/MIB pricing [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : MISB/MIB pricing

Mercury
05-08-2011, 06:14 PM
I've seen some MISB offer for rather common vehicles on various retailer sites that ranged in the thousands of dollars.

Now I knew that transformers, as far as MISB was concerned were too rich for my blood, but GI Joe's? Is this the kind of price you'd expect where you pay say 1200$ for a MISB AWE striker? O.o

I understand that sealed packaging is hard to find after 20+ years, per definition, but 1k+seems excessive... or am I just being intolerably ignorant here?

Volleydan
05-10-2011, 01:19 PM
I think it's just a case of retailers overvaluing their inventories. Sure MISB items are more valuable than MIB examples would be. But there's no way a MISB AWE Striker is worth more than a couple hundred bucks.

Remember, in the toy collecting world, the reseller's credo is "yours is crap, mine is gold". They'll habitually overvalue their own stuff and if you ever try to work a trade with them you'll be offered a fraction of what yours is worth.

Also part of this is because there is a lot of "new blood" in the hobby since the 25th line and prices are climbing overall - and when sellers see prices climbing, they get even more optimistic about their sale prices.

Mercury
05-10-2011, 10:31 PM
Well, understandably, retailers have a livelihood to protect so marginalizing trades is the name of the game for most retailers.

It does make it more difficult for newcomers to determine the actual value of an item however, or even for old-timers to accurately follow price trends.

Someone has offered me a MISB tiger fly, and the bottom line is that i have NO idea what to offer him for it.

Volleydan
05-11-2011, 07:58 AM
An AFA80 one sold on Ebay for $51 in February. See here: 1988 GI JOE TIGER FORCE TIGER FLY MINT IN BOX AFA 80 (http://gijoetoysnfigures.com/20907)

I think that one was AFA-Q which means it was an opened toy, though.

I would honestly expect to pay around $100 for a MISB Tiger Fly.

JoeLicious
06-08-2011, 10:15 PM
Damn, Thats what I want to pay. I am sure it could fetch more.I feel it should be at least 10 times its original retail.

vmc
06-10-2011, 06:58 PM
Check out www.ValueMyCollection.com (http://www.valuemycollection.com/collections-1/actions-figures/gi-joe) for **New** 2011 Pricing Guide that contains all completed sales of GI JOE collectibles for the last few years. Only $7 for 2011 GI Joe ValueItPricing(TM) Customized Pricing Report.

cageyJG
06-20-2011, 07:42 PM
Sidebar: Remind me what our consensus is on MISB (never opened) vs. MIB and all intact, including bubble, etc.?

I have an old NES Ninja Gaiden cart that I only slit open very carefully at the top so I could've returned it if I hated it. Otherwise, box and contents are in perfect condition. One seller asking $1,000 - I think that's pretty ridiculous. Rarity? Don't know.