my first time to get taken...and it hurts!! [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : my first time to get taken...and it hurts!!

destroegi
12-16-2002, 09:29 AM
Brutalwarriorx@aol.com
email him all you like!!he not only ripped me off, dryhawk37 got scamed as well!! i met the guy on ebay and i bid on his stuff, he asked me if i would like to buy a big lot of figures and some vehicles, i sed yes. he sent me pictures and we started dealing. i bout i nice lot from him for $310. he sed he took good care of his stuff so i whas geting great items. i got them and they were not the same things in hte pictures he did not send me every thing, the MINT COMPLETE stiff arm scarlet had her thumbs broke and whas not mint. that is one of many big problems he told me never to contact him agen!?! he sed that i am triying to ripp him off!!!!?!? if any body knows this guy PLMK.

he lives in Crescent City IL.
his name is Sean McGill.
he has 2 or more email Add.
his name on ebay brutal669x.
if you have any thing that can help me, that would be great.

BK
12-16-2002, 03:27 PM
Some people will screw you the first chance they get when they know they won't get any negative feedback. This guy has perfect ebay feedback, so you'd think he'd be a decent person. That's why I never accept ebay feedback as a form of references when dealing with people on this site. Some people are just two-faced, and will use a good record to screw you. Good luck dealing with this crook.

destroegi
12-16-2002, 05:13 PM
oh man you gota heer this!!! ok i just talked to the POST OFFICE!! the gijoes he did send me he sent them book rate! that is a big nono, he can go to prison up to 5 years for each stamp he put on the packeg!! he put 26 stamps on the box to pay for shipping!!!! they sed all i need to do is file a complaent and the guy is scroowd!! should i do it????!?!?!? LMK be for a mess the guys life up! i realy need to know what to do on this one.

Ann G
12-16-2002, 05:39 PM
Wow..you can go to prison for sticking a bunch of stamps on the package?

I have gotten joes in packages like this. I figured if you had been in the business long enough to know how much it is, you could send it that way. I personally haven't done it..I don't know the postal fees THAT well.

If the post office had a problem with this..why didn't the mailman leave it in the mail box or the post office refuse to take it?

Oh well..learn something new every day

As far as ruining the guy's life, on one hand if this guy is ripping people left and right and shows no efforts to get in touch with you and help you, go for it. If there is the possibility that you can work this out, don't do it as it could be a mistake. I mean, I never knew that law existed..he and many others obvioiusly didn't know either.

thestoreon44
12-16-2002, 07:57 PM
depends Ann... regular stamps ARE oK as long as they total correctly.

book-rate stamps are a different case.
I know that my post office frequently will paste a package of stamps on my packages when old stamps are being phased out... just to use em up.

destroegi
12-16-2002, 08:09 PM
oh i am sorry i did not explane that very well. what i ment whas:

the gijoes that were sent were sent media mail, in order to send something media mail it can only be books, posters, or videos. He lied to the post office saying that he was sending either books, videos, or posters, so he could get the lower shipping rate. shipping packegs at the rong rate is a federal offence. for each stamp used in shipping the item he can serv up to 5 years in prison. you can use stamps to send any thing you like just make sher that it is not being shipped the rong way!

BK
12-16-2002, 09:01 PM
Go for it! He deserves it.

drummer1279
12-16-2002, 09:08 PM
He obviously did wrong on the shipping, and may have done bad on the deal, but I would try all that you can to resolve it bfore seeking such means. I had a bad deal too. I spent months, and many emails, and eventualy the person came through.

I am very patient, so I may not recommend that ammount of time, but I would give them a chance. Explain the situation to the person, and what they may be facing if they do not come through on the deal, and correct it. Prison, or fines and court time changes a lot of minds. The person may suddenly be willing to complete the deal.

If they do not follow through, then they are a fool, and a cheat, and deserve whatever they get. I do not think, $300 is worth putting someone in prison for, but I have someone I care for in prison, so my opionion may be tainted. Work it out if you can. If you can't, then pursue it. Just make sure you are good at record keeping, and have the proof to show the person was not correct. Also, make sure you are filing a complaint in the proper time frame.

Good luck to you. It's tough to be in that position. Keep your cool, and handle it professionaly. It does not look good when you send vulgar statements, ect. So be the adult. Maybe the other person will be an idiot, and ramble on a bunch of nonesense. That's good for making your case, that you handle it good, and maybe they don't. That show's that most likely they are up to something. Good luck, and I hope it works out for you.

destroegi
12-18-2002, 07:48 AM
ok thanks anyway dockingbay97. i will take him down my self. i have tride every thing i can to work this deal out with this guy, he told me that i am triying to cheat him!?! then he told me never to contact him ever agen. so i will not contact him, the COPS will! :D

Snake-eyes01
12-18-2002, 09:23 AM
Did you see?? He's no longer a registered Ebay user! Go for it Destro! Get him & do it for all those out there who have been ripped off & couldn't do anything about it!! :D

baby01
12-18-2002, 04:59 PM
If you are going to do it, do it quickly. It may already be too late. I forwarded the entire post to my cousin who is a Postal Inspector in Iowa. He will forward it from his point out. But you should act as well, this person may have moved, that is usually why people become unregistered, unless he is just changing his information to avoid you.
I just don't get why this site is plagued by jackoffs. Bosskmr is a pal from the Star Wars sites (we've talked, but never met, but he is a good guy) and he has been ripped off here too many times. What is it with this site?

Ann G
12-18-2002, 06:35 PM
ok...I see a lot of "what is it with this site" but if you think about it half of the bad traders are either 1)the same people ripping people off over and over again using the different identities or 2) EBAY transactions (and there are A LOT of people on ebay).

So..before you bash "this site", learn who the reputable people are. Also keep in mind, since the beginning of November there are 17 pages worth of good deals (all mostly about yojoe members) and not even 2 pages worth of bad deals (which comes from ebay and yojoe). These bad traders do not reflect all on that deal on this site.

[ December 18, 2002: Message edited by: Ann G ]

[ December 18, 2002: Message edited by: Ann G ]

destroegi
12-18-2002, 07:19 PM
i will be takeing him down in the morning! i got the box last friday and we made the deal 3 weeks ago. so i am sher i still have time(30 days i think?) oh and thanks for sending that to your counsin, baby01. if he would like me to send him all the info i know about the guy give him my email and i will send it to him, thanks

zartan_17@yahoo.com

Surdam
12-20-2002, 01:02 PM
noah,

you are quite brutal, this person is either an accomplished scammer or a little kid. i say do something nice like find out where he lives, steal all his joes, burn them, and send the charred remains via mail to him, and say, "here, you're next" that should give him the point to be a good dealer and not a bad one, and from then on he'll live in fear of you, and stop ripping people off. have fun

surdam

destroegi
01-16-2003, 07:19 AM
well i got took! paypal sed they would not help becouse the few items he did send me were not in that great of shape?!?!?!?! i argude with them for about 3 hours on the phone and they still wont help??!? ebay cant help becouse the guy quit ebay! adn i saw that all the stuff he whas selling he had bout about a month befor he sold them to me??!?!?!?(he payd way to much for most of the items!!) and the post office sed that befor they do any thing they will need to have more then just one complante agenst the guy!! well it has taken alot out of me. but i will be back doing business heer on yojoe more and more. thanks for all your suport.

Noah

b1b_wso
01-16-2003, 07:57 AM
Dude, did you pay for the Joe's with a credit card? If so you can contact your credit card company to see what they can do about getting you your money back. There's that whole thing of not getting what you ordered. They might not be able to help you, but then again, they might. (card companies are wierd. If they think they will lose your buisness over a transaction they will USUALLY bend over backwards to help you out. And they can have pull with Paypal. Just remember, you did not get what you ordered and want your money back. Keep it simple.)

Starduster 3.16
01-22-2003, 08:39 AM
that whole thing sounds messed up.

destroegi
01-22-2003, 06:05 PM
oh it is realy messed up!! the worst part of it is....he got away scott free :eek: :mad: :(