wheeljackslab.com just nailed me pretty good. [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : wheeljackslab.com just nailed me pretty good.

KrymsynGardImmoral
09-18-2002, 08:35 PM
I just wanted to let you guys know about a crappy transaction I just had with Wheeljackslab.com, or Chris Ingledue. I'll be the first to admit that this was my own fault for bidding on the auction. He listed a large weapons lot for sale, here is the link:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1763978285&rd=1
As you can see in the picture, there are 7 or 8 large bins filled with weapons. The top one is opened, and a lot are Joe weapons pack weapons. But most of the helmets look real. So I tossed in a bid, bid high to cover myself ($400), and got shot to my max right away. OK, no problem, I have payed a grip for weapons and parts before. I won the auction, and got an email from the seller. I mailed him back, and asked for a total with shipping to my address, as well as insurance. He was really snippy and rude, and told me to read the previous email. OK, I missed it. I send my money, i get the package today. Except for the helmets and some Footloose backpacks(guess he missed those) every single piece was weapons pack. I emailed him and said that I wasn't aware that the lot was all weapons pack, and that I wasn't happy with it. I wanted a refund. As a seller, i have refunded every buyer who has asked for one, (except one, I'm sure he'll say something if he's reading...)no questions asked. He said that the auction states all authentic Joe weapons, which is true. He never stated that it was all weapons pack, but he never stated that it WASN'T all weapons pack either (I am paraphrasing his poor grammar here), and his return policy is to grant refunds ONLY if the item come not as described in the auction. I obviously took a big chance on the lot, but here is my point: If he knew enough to keep 1500+ weapons pack parts aside from the good stuff, then he knew that this lot would be less desirable to collectors. So by not saying that it was all weapons pack, and photographing only the helmets and dark grey, less colorful weapons pack stuff, he is misleading the buyer. Here is the question I ask all of Yo Joe: Is a lack of a description as bad as an inaccurate description? Just based on the fact that he will not be granting me a refund, and I have to eat all this weapons pack stuff, I will not be doing business with him in the future. I should have emailed him beforehand, but I didn't, and I am stuck with the stuff now. He knowingly didn't say in the description that the lot was all weapons pack, stating only that they were "authentic" Joe weapons. Live and learn, I suppose. Never trust a seller with so much feedback that they don't care about one sale, or one buyer.
The worst part is, I just went crazy getting rid of all my excess weapons pack stuff!!! Oh well, I will be posting a TON of weapons pack auctions this week!!! Whoever needs CG guns, Soldier and Officer guns, or a giant bag of Gung Ho backpacks in Brown, check my auctions. Otherwise, please let me know what you think, I already know I jumped the gun on the auction, so try to say more than that!!!!

Kevin Watts

Aaron Curry
09-18-2002, 08:53 PM
I'm with you on that one. I bought Ravage's guns from him off ebay once over a year ago and he stated in the auction that they had slight paint wear and the picture was darkly lit but since he had high feedback and said they were in good shape i figured they wouldn't be bad. Maybe just some slight wear. When I got them the paint was practically all stripped off of it looked horrible. He said he wouldn't give me a refund and that if I bought something else he would would issue a refund. Why I ask you would I want to buy another CRAPPY accessory from him. What is the point. In conclusion this guy is a jerk and doesn't know what he is talking about.

JLB
09-18-2002, 08:59 PM
I had problems with him about 6 months ago. I won a couple of mib vehicles(not big ones either), and the shipping was stated as $4 for most items. First of all he did not combine shipping, and second of all I was charged $12 or $14 shipping on the lot. I got them and made a big deal out of it, and got the excess shipping refunded. (like $6 or $8)
He is just an asshole seller and no one should deal with him...ever!!!

KrymsynGardImmoral
09-18-2002, 09:04 PM
You guys rock. Misery does love company. here is the last email I got from him:
That is your decision, you bought the lot, it was pictured and it was
accurate, stating that does not affect my decision, unless I did something
wrong, if I did it would be rectified. I am not wal-mart, nor is any dealer
on ebay, nor should they be treated as such. I will say if you actually
tell them the situation, they will point the finger at you I assume, since
it was as listed, and you saw what items were on top. If I was a person
trying to pass them off otherwise I would put a bunch of juicy snake eyes,
firefly, and storm shadow weapons on top, or even JUST non accessory pack
weapons. Obviously I did nothing of the sort. So blame me if you want, but
I did nothing wrong in this situation. Bare in mind my rebuttal to anyone
and I would respond, might make yourself look bad in the process. I say
that because I think you need to look at the facts, I stick to the facts, no
more no less. If someone looks at the facts they will say you were in error
for not assuming they were all weapons pack weapons, and may question why
you would then bid on them or assume otherwise.

Thank you,
__________________________________________________ ___
Chris Ingledue wheeljackslab@adiis.net

KrymsynGardImmoral
09-18-2002, 09:06 PM
And here is my reply to the above email:

Actually, most of the helmets on top are the real thing, and the dark grey parts from the frist weapons pack are difficult to distinguish from their darker grey pack-ins. So with real helmets on top, and parts that are difficult to tell from the real thing, it is easy to come to the conclusion that the lot would not be all weapons pack. Also, you obviously knew that the lot was all weapons pack, and didn't put that in the description, choosing to say that they were simply "authentic", an adjective that obviously cannot be disputed. Even with their authenticity, I cannot put a light blue gun with a crimson guard, and expect to sell it. I think that, as a seller, you are aware of that. Also, if you really wanted to represent the lot accurately, you would've taken a picture of the more colorful items, the kelly green ripcord guns, the yellow Beach head BPs, the bright red Firefly guns...Then buyers would not feel mislead, as I do. You have your excuses and shallow alibis. Obviously, you showed what was in the lot, but you showed the least colorful items, the ones most likely to be mistaken for actual Joe pack in weapons. Obviously, you described them accurately as well, being that they are authentic Joe weapons. But you didn't say they were weapons pack, when you knew they were, and judging by the fact that you kept these parts away from the real parts, you know they are less desirable, and useless to anyone looking to complete figures. So yes, you told the truth, but did so in the sneakiest way possible.
But the bottom line is, you will not give the refund I ask. As a seller myself, except for one instance, I always give refunds within the first 10 days, no questions asked. So now I know, it was my own fault for not emailing you beforehand, and for bidding on one of your auctions, which I will not be doing again in the future. As this seems to have degenerated into a contest of who can write the longest emails, I have to go. I have light blue and green weapons to sort. And i will not be doing business with you again.

ImaWalkingCorpse
09-18-2002, 09:06 PM
Wow.. I can say I am shocked, I have done several transactions with Chris. GI Joe and transformer related and never had a problem. He has never been rude to me in the 2 years I have been dealing with him. I dont know either way in any of your transactions with him but I have never had anything but good dealings with him. All I can say is I am shocked. By the way Kevin, did you pay via paypal with the auction?

JLB
09-18-2002, 09:10 PM
Have a link?
Thanks

KrymsynGardImmoral
09-18-2002, 09:13 PM
I am sure he has had great transactions with people, he has almost 4000 feedback. He has a huge volume of auctions up at any given time. I am not trying to knock him as a seller, I am just unhappy with my transaction. I did not pay with Paypal, my account was frozen several monthes ago, and every attempt I have made to reopen it has failed. I payed with a postal money order. So i really have no recouse. I would leave him a negative, but I am sure it means nothing to someone with feedback as high as his, and I also know he would just give me one in return. My feedback in only 176, and I'd rather not get a negative. Thanks for the support guys, I knew I could count on YoJoe!!!

KrymsynGardImmoral
09-18-2002, 09:15 PM
Here is the link again, JLB... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1763978285&rd=1

JLB
09-18-2002, 09:19 PM
hahaha, didnt notice you already had a link up there! ahahah
Anyway yeah man that sucks. I hate that guy so much!!! Good luck

BK
09-18-2002, 10:10 PM
I have to say, the stuff in the picture definitely looks like weapons pack accessories to me. All the gray guns, gray breaker headsets, grey scarlett crossbows, gray lowlight backpacks...I knew right away that the stuff in the picture was nearly all repros. But that doesn't excuse the fact that he didn't tell you that the entire lot was weapons pack stuff. I think it was definitely a little misleading. I just won 3 auctions from this guy, so hopefully my figures will be nice. If not, you guys will be the first to know.

Snake-eyes01
09-18-2002, 11:13 PM
This guy definately knew what he was doing! :rolleyes: He thinks if he plays his words right & displays only weapons & helmets on top that look mostly original then, he's got you! He strikes me as another seller who, once he has recieved such a large amount of positive feedback, what's one insignifigant negative??!!! I hope everything works out for the best for you & all collectors! smile.gif

ImaWalkingCorpse
09-19-2002, 05:44 AM
Kry,
So do I. This has made me change my view on this guy. And since I am done buying Joes. I wont be dealing with him anymore, I am sorry this happened to you. Just another reason I am done with Joe collecting.

KrymsynGardImmoral
09-19-2002, 06:56 AM
Hey guys, Thanks again for all of your support, so i know I am not just overreacting. All of the basic helmets on top are actually the real thing, I have the bag here, all Breaker, R+R, Clutch, Hawk, etc. There were also a bunch of Footloose BPs, they are similar in color to Spirit and Recondo Weapons pack. I got 3 more email from him, one saying that he would reconsider a partial refund, based on what he found in the Yo Joe whobit area, based on what I was telling him about the helmets being real. The next one said that he found everything to be weapons pack, so it was on me. He went on to list every part, and said that he would not grant any refund, because they were all weapons pack, so I should've known. Well, now I know.....His third email was sent after reading this thread, and he was not happy, telling me that I went too far, and that I could be booted from ebay for posting his email. He also said that he left me negative feedback for this transaction, something I was trying to avoid. He accused me of calling him a bad seller, which i never did.

Oh well, live and learn.

KrymsynGardImmoral
09-19-2002, 06:58 AM
Here is the last email I recieved from him, and hopefully the last I get.
Hello:

You have been left negative feedback, I made the decision simple for you, so
retaliate now. I care about my feedback and my reputation, it is never "1"
more negative, my goal is less than one negative/neutral per 200. That is
significantly better than 95% of the volume sellers, and 8 of my negs are
from one guy who never even paid! And I do not have 4000 comments it's
10,000+ I have a high repeat ratio, becuase I am honest, and people buy
from me repeatedly. Though again this is all transformer related I am no
Joe expert nor claim to be. In fact if people ask I say I am not, and that
is even why I was thinking perhaps some were not accessory pack and your
complaint justified, and waivered on teh return. But as I demonstrated
after checking every last one is accessory pack, and you are incorrect
unless Yo-Joe is. You went too far in posting my email on the net, feel
free to post this one, of course bare in mind you can be removed for such
things from ebay, read there policy, if you can find it. But I am not going
to pursue it, you need to be aware, someone just may. Let alone other
legalities, which others can also fill you in on.

They are all accessory pack and you should have known, as you yourself said
online in your own words. To blame me and call me a bad dealer due to your
mistake, is not approriate. I did not put anything but accessory pack
weapons in the picture. It was not intentional, had it been like I said I
would have put nonaccessory pack weapons on top, and I did nothing of the
sort. The matter is closed, and JLB member #1868, has a valid issue and his
money was refunded, I remember he is from OR or WA. As for ravage weapons,
slight is this to one and that to another, he is probably right, a long time
ago I used that term and no longer do, live and learn. I have nothing
against you this is not personal, there was no intent, I guess you see it
however you wish.

Thank you,

Chris

KrymsynGardImmoral
09-19-2002, 07:13 AM
Here is my reply to that email....I said that they didn't make Breaker helmets in grey, which to my knowlege they did not, and all the helmets I have from him are green or dark green. So maybe you guys can correct me if I am wrong on that one...he also said that it wasn't personal. I never insinuated that it was, I don't know this guy, and he doesn't know me. here is my reply:

OK, first, they didn't make grey breaker helmets. Those are green, just a very greyish color, and I looked at them all last night, they are all real GI Joe pack in helmets. The early Weapons pack weapons are frequently mistaken for pqack ins, as I said, and found it difficult to tell from the pic. I went to Yo Joe to get their advice as a whole. This was a Joe related matter, and I value their opinion as a community, to tell me if there were any other unhappy buyers, or if I was overreacting. I never once said you were a bad seller, although that is the name of the forum it was posted under. That is just where it goes, I couldn't put it under "Good Sellers who have unhappy customers", that forum doesn't exist. I never called you a bad seller, i actually said I was sure you had great transactions, due to your large feedback. I was going to avoid posting you a negative, so I wouldn't get one in return. As I said, I now know to avoid your auctions in the future.

So that is it guys. I am a little annoyed by the negative feedback, but he felt that was what he needed to do, so he did it. I might take the high road here, and not post one in retaliation, just let it go. I have already sorted it all in with what was left of my own weapons pack, and I have had a lot of luck posting weapons pack lots in the past, to custom the deizers and army builders, so maybe I can break even on the deal. I will reply to anyones posts, but honestly, I have said all that I need to, and I really want to put the transaction behind me, the money is spent, I just need to make some back. Thanks you all again for showing me that I wasn't crazy, or whining, or just burned. It was my own fault for not investigating before I bid, and then for bidding at all, when it was a questionable lot. If anyone wants to read his other 2 emails, one is much better in tone, when he says that he will consider the partial refund, the other is a list of what he found, where he says again that he will not give the refund. Thanks again, guys, TTYL.
Kevin Watts

JustinBarnhill
09-19-2002, 08:37 AM
you should def. leave him a neg or at least a neutral. you aren't satisfied, thats what feedback is for.

as a buyer, i pay attention to feedback. i don't care if you have 10000 positives and only 100 negs, i take the time to read the negs and neutrals to see whats up w/them. i hate it when people hold feedback "hostage"....

btw, kev - the tiger sneak peek i bought from you in VA is still moc....... smile.gif

dukenukem1
09-19-2002, 11:47 AM
Im with you on this one all the way.Obviously he doesnt care about the customer.Definetely leave him a negative or neutral.Also his photography is misleading!He may not be a Gijoe expert but he sure knew that those were repro weapons...bc he first off never said it and second off by the way he photographed it and he did call them "AUTHENTIC".....hmmmmmmmmmmm!

And to be rude about it is another thing!I feel what you are going through...as I have been mislead on EBAY with descriptions and photography a few times before and it urks me!

ImaWalkingCorpse
09-19-2002, 02:06 PM
Dude... this guy is a jerk. I am sorry I have ever given him my money.

KrymsynGardImmoral
09-19-2002, 09:41 PM
Dammit Justin, OPEN that Tiger Force Sneak Peek!!!! that is what you bought it for, right? If not, I have a loose one now, but it is missing a thumb. Actually, it has a weapons pack thumb, but I am sending you a pic with that hand hidden behind his back, so you won't know......But seriously Justin, hearing from you is the best thing to come out of this,(and my mountain of yellow beach head bps) how the hell are you? I just got some loose Euro TF, and I could use some more if you still have that Blizzard with Ht and Runs head.....Oh, and I lost contact with that guy Tim, I wouldn't mind talking to him again, seeing how his contacts made out.....Guess I owe WJS a thanks after all....It is so wonderful here, all the green zartan guns and red scrap Iron guns make me think of christmas....But not a good christmas, that first crappy christmas, when you're like 12 or 13, and your parents stop buying you toys, but they give you a ton of socks and underwear...tighty whiteys, at that....I go play with green Zartan sock and red scrap Iron underwear now.....
Please forgive my humor, I just drove back from NY, and I am so very tired...thanks to all who voiced their opinion, I think I will not leave him a negative, at least not yet, just because I don't want someone seeing my name under his feedback, good or bad. Be sure to attend my huge weapons pack sale, probably this Sunday, unless I get booted from Ebay for posting personal correspondence to a public forum. I am so tired. Remind me to change that stupid Big Ben line.....

Alkie Ewok
09-20-2002, 04:20 PM
If he does so much volume selling of GI Joes and knows how to label the early figures as complete/not complete or whatever, then he should have known and intentionally misled the buyer on what goods were being "won" in that auction. Also, the fact that you got shot up on your bid to $400.00 should be a nice indicator to you that you got set up by the seller.

t_ratv
09-20-2002, 08:04 PM
It was also the second time around for said auction. I have dealt with him in the past and have been fairly happy. However that being said, I have also been in your position when I bought a Metroplex from a seller, supposedly complete, but when I got it in the mail, was missing the second antenna. I left negative feedback on the guy, and he said he was still going to send me the antenna, but after many self righteous e-mails and many months later I haven't gotten it and am reduced trying to trade or find one on e-bay. This guy's name is novadecapriat

Hopefully I win the one I have currently bid on.

See you underground

comebackking1
09-21-2002, 03:12 AM
I am not discounting anything any of you has said, but I have dealt with Chris in the past (though never through eBay) and he does has always gone out of his way to please me. Everything I have ordered from him has been 98% accrurately described (he's only human) It's also handy for me to buy from him as he lives less than 40 miles from me. Understand that most of what he sells on eBay is overstock and of lesser quality. If you order something directly from his website; I think you will pleasantly surprised. Again, I'm not saying he's perfect, no seller is. I'm not trying to sell his stuff for him, in fact if you are displeased than I urge you to find another dealer or two and stick with them (there are many great ones out there to choose from). Just remember to be careful whom you deal with. Thanks for reading, I just had to let everyone know that Chris is not a bad seller, though perhaps additional pictures on the larger lots wouldn't hurt. ;)

KrymsynGardImmoral
09-21-2002, 06:23 AM
Thanks for your feedback, guys. With all the feedback he has, I ***umed that he had a lot of happy customers around. He has a ton of repeat business. Even the guy I outbid had like 10 positives from him.

Spillspleen
09-27-2002, 08:50 AM
Sorry about your luck...but I have to say that you have to ask questions!!! I mean seeing that many iteams in one place at one time makes me wonder "To good to be true"...anyway I want a whole bunch of the first year or weapons pack #1 stuff if possible, let me know and have a look at my trade list in the trade section...I also have about 400 figures for trade from complete to guys with nothing...so if you want to get ride of some and help a guy out let me know at;

spillspleen@hotmail.com

joe enterprise
09-27-2002, 07:17 PM
KEVIN YOU SHOULD HAVE CONTACT YOUR LOCAL AUTH. EBAY FBI ECT.,

JOHN THAXTON JR YOUR TOO NICE LEAVE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK!!!!!

KrymsynGardImmoral
09-28-2002, 06:48 PM
Now may be a little late, but I have gotten a bunch of emails from guys who read this and wanted to show support, or buy weapons, or both. Well, I posted a ton of the stuff last Sunday, most of which is ending tomorrow, the rest on Monday. I have some more to post, but most of the good stuff(?!!) is up right now, look for auctions from Krymsynsith@aol.com. Thanks again to everyone who emailed me to tell me it sucked that I got rooked, you guys are great!!! whenever I have a Joe-related problem, I will be asking you all!!!

jlb_8118
05-13-2003, 03:26 PM
Hey, anything new with this? I still don't like the guy, and am curious to see if you ever got anything back from him.

Jason W.
05-13-2003, 03:45 PM
Ive done business with him before, and he has good stuff, and at great prices, but his people skills are very sub par. He doesnt like being wrong. He does act like a baby sometimes.

KrymsynGardImmoral
05-13-2003, 04:40 PM
Nope, all I got was the negative feedback, which i returned. Honestly, weapons pack stuff sells ok if you package it well, ie 25 dark grey viper guns, 20 white Cobra officer ak-47s, I posted it all, combined with my own stockpile, and made all my money back, and some more on top of that. So i really came out ahead. Then, after I got my money back, I gave him the negative feedback, just to be a jerk back. I bounced a few emails with him after that, in his response to my neg, he said that I told him I'd "Ruin Him", something I would NEVER say, even if I planned on trying it. I even once got a random email from him, with an attachment. I IMMEDIATELY deleted it, in case he was sending me a virus, then emailed him and said I didn't trust him enough to open any email with a file from him. I'll be at botcon this year, I believe he usually goes there, maybe I'll get to say hi.

ImaWalkingCorpse
05-14-2003, 06:06 AM
I must say.. you have chris all wrong.. I have dealt with him.. many many many many many times.. I would've hoped this would've been dead and over with, but I guess not. I stand by him as one of the best sellers on ebay and off.

bleedyoudry
05-14-2003, 08:46 AM
He's definitely a good seller but that was a bum deal.

Glad you evened out on the whole thing.

USS FLAGG
05-18-2003, 08:08 AM
I kind of liek wheeljackslab I bought an auction from them for an armless jetfire (transformer jet(only the coolest transformer ever)) for $20.00 and I got it and it was an unbroken liek totally white matushiro jetfire and I was sooo happy

Navajo
05-18-2003, 02:54 PM
I think the whole point behind the thread is that the seller didn't state that all the weapons were accessory pack, and didn't show proper pics. KrymsonG was right to admit it was his fault for biddin', but you'd think that with that big of a lot, the seller would say they are accessory packs. Which are repros in my book. It's a shame, but what can ya do?

ken