Brian Cripps is the DEVIL [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Brian Cripps is the DEVIL

the_bandit
09-24-2002, 01:44 PM
This putz comes out of left field with a delightful solution to my collecting problem and OOooOOooo what a low low price. Some of you already know this but I'm going to re-iterate, Brian Cripps is not an honest fellow.

We made a deal for Hawk, MMS, and Steeler about a month and a week ago and I still haven't got it. It ain't a postal problem either, I've gotten a whole bunch of packages since then (from way farther).

Don't trust this jerk!

GIJoeNFG
09-24-2002, 01:50 PM
This fool bought a Hawk and MMS from me a month ago. First off it took him forever to get the money order to me and when it finally got here I shipped his Joes out within 48 hrs of recieving it. I finally got an e-mail from him two minutes ago and thought everything was fine as I have heard nothing from him untill now. I dont know what this scum is trying to pull but its not going to work here man

[ September 24, 2002: Message edited by: GIJoeNFG ]

jonboy
09-24-2002, 02:43 PM
I have bought hundreds of dollars worth of stuff from Brian and have never had a single problem. In fact he is one of the best people to deal with and buy figures from. Isn't it kind of rude posting him as the Devil? A bit harsh don't you think?

dryhawk37
09-24-2002, 03:29 PM
I have never had a problem with Brian. He is an honest fellow, and you shouldnt post here until you have NO other option. This is just childish. We dont believe him Devil................I mean Brian :D

BIGFAN
09-24-2002, 03:33 PM
brian is first class!!! we ain't buying this bs buddy. you should've worked it out with brian off the boards. this is plain childish. thx again for the Jinx Brian!!!

Snake-eyes01
09-24-2002, 03:41 PM
Boy, he opened up a can!! GIJoeNFG is one person you don't mess with! I have purchased stuff from him as well (Whale & Conquest) & got nothing but what I expected, if not MORE! The guy posting this sounds impatient & is gonna feel like an IDIOT when he gets his stuff in the mail!! :rolleyes:

BK
09-24-2002, 04:02 PM
I had no problems with Brian either. Our first trade went great, and we're in the middle of another. Seems like a trustworthy guy to me!

boff123
09-24-2002, 06:20 PM
brian is a great guy to deal with, his stuff is excellent! I bought a hydrofoil and it came in super shape.

GIJoeNFG
09-24-2002, 06:25 PM
Thanks for the input guys. I really appreciate it! Now do you see Daniel that I am not out to rip you off? I am still awaiting a response from him too...

IILokiII
09-24-2002, 07:17 PM
I'm gonna call #@$*^(#@ on your comment amigo, Brian is top of the line, fast emails, quick service and good prices. You screwed with the wrong guy fella. I'm new, and he's one of the few I would do business with in a HEARTBEAT!! Thx Brian!

Loki

ImaWalkingCorpse
09-24-2002, 07:24 PM
It is funny how everyone is sticking up for Brian, but I remember a few bad trader posts about him. Just one more reason to sell my Joe's on evilbay.

GIJoeNFG
09-24-2002, 07:26 PM
So what are you implying by that comment? Which bad trader posts are you referring to in particulair cause all of them were taken care of unless you see one posted that I dont...

jonboy
09-24-2002, 08:00 PM
Corpse, will you just sell your Joes and be done with it. Every post that I have read, you mention how you hate this and are selling them off. If so, why do you still hang around and post negative things about everyone. Brian has completely redeemed himself, or else no one would be sticking up for him.

THE FAN
09-24-2002, 08:40 PM
I have done 4 trade/sales with Brian and he is great to deal with. I will reply with nothing but praises for Brian anytime someone tries to nuke or mud him becasue I am speaking the trueth. 4 deals and no probs. Brian keep up the good deals. aka THE FAN

punkbassist
09-24-2002, 08:45 PM
I just did a fairly big(for me) deal with Brian and he was as friendly and prompt as a buyer can be. Thanks, Brian!

jonboy
09-24-2002, 08:47 PM
The_bandit seems to be no where in sight. He must have decided that it was not worth it.

joescrounger
09-25-2002, 05:46 AM
got to agree with the majority here, I have done trades with brian in the past no problems ever. Brian is a great person to deal with.

ImaWalkingCorpse
09-25-2002, 05:57 AM
Well I am glad to see that they all got worked out, I just remember at one point there was a big stink. But I am glad to see everyone of them got worked out.

WWW.GIJOEHQ.COM
09-25-2002, 06:16 AM
i have dealt with brian a few times all have been great ..... just my 2 cents

Father Guido
09-25-2002, 12:36 PM
Well I think I'll jump in on this one.

My experience with Brian was a bad one.
He was going to buy a Crimson Strike Team from me about a month or so ago. I told him that I'd hold it for one week. The week goes by and no money, so I relist it. He emails me like 2 min after I relisted it and wanted to know if it was the same set I was selling him. I said yes and told him why. The next day he emailed me back saying the post office returned his payment because "the machines couldn't read his hand writing".
He then overnights a check to me. It wasn't exactly overnight since he sent it on a Sat. and I recieved it on a Mon. (BTW we only live like 3hrs. apart so 1 week was more than enough time) Back to the check, I talked to him on the phone that Sunday night and he asked me not to cash his check til Tuesday. I was O.K. with this and didn't even deposit it til that Wed. Friday rolls around and we get our bank statment along with his check that was returned because of insuficiant funds. I emailed him telling him and he went off the deep end saying that I was lying and just wanted to sell them for a higher price.
Anyway we had a few emails back and forth where he was calling me a liar and acting like a total jackass. The next day after this I spoke with Brian again on the phone and he said he checked with the bank, knew that the check bounced, and didn't understand why this happedened. We then made another deal for somee of my other Crimson stuff and the money never came......

Fast forward to now

A couple days ago I listed the last of my crimson stuff. (I posted in under Monkey Man, my system is toast and I'm using a different computer,and didn't know at first I could change the emaiils around, in case anyone is wondering)

Anyway I made the post selling the rest on my stuff and ol Brian emails me about it. I told him that I learned my lesson the first time and wouldn't deal with him. He emails me again wanting to know who is buying them. I said something like "you aren't so what does it matter?". Then this guy emails me AGAIN calling me a loser. I replied with something like "whatever d head, at least I can handle a checking account. Then he reports me to AOL and send me an email telling me to stop bothering HIM. Today I got another email from him where he's going off on me calling me a liar, loser and threating to report me to AOL again if I answer the email he sends to me.

This guy is a total ass. I've held off on posting anything about him to avoid a flame war. After this latest go around with AOL I feel I have to say something.

I haven't been around here a long time, but I do have a good rep here, and maybe that will say something about myself. If there is any interest or if someone doubts this story I do have proof.

The scan of his bounced check and well as my bank statement. ( I sent this to him when he called me a liar, I still have it in case anyone wants to see it)

I can also forward anyone copies of his recent emails.

This guy is a total liar and jerk.

GIJoeNFG
09-25-2002, 12:56 PM
Hey it is the Father loser smile.gif I am still awaiting my check back if it "bounced" I have statements that show that there sufficient funds in my bank account from the date I sent you the check till now! If you questioned my account balance then why did you not have your bank contact my bank. Kinda odd... I have yet to see my check and the scan you were supposedly going to send me that didnt show up the first time. All I know is once I noticed $300 out of my account then I better expect my boxed set within the next few days at my door step. Also had to edit this post cause I'd like to point out how immature Father is. If anyone would like all of his e-mails, I have them. I admit I was acting immature on some of my responses but I never resorted to cursing to the point that Father did. Father, once again don't get mad cause AOL has your e-mails. It's ok you dont have to cry about it. I'm sure you have your wife or whatever to cry with. I'm still wondering why I made the check out to your wife when I have never talked to her....

[ September 25, 2002: Message edited by: GIJoeNFG ]

IILokiII
09-25-2002, 02:12 PM
Just a personal note. I own a credit union that follows banking policy, and company policy under Oklahoma law is to ALWAYS deposit a check twice when it has shown insufficient funds. If in fact the check bounced Guido, there is still the possibility, that noone will have to pay bouncing fees, and the check will go through even though perhaps it showed on your original statement as a bounced check.

Also, out of town checks have last priority, and normally do not show up on the recipients account until the following day due to processing agreement articles by your bank.

So in fact even if Brian had $1,000 in his account, it still could have shown insufficient funds if he had local checks clear for that amount the same day.

I would take the time to contact each other and quit with the freakin name calling and child-like acts by each visiting your establishment and getting a 2 week printout of all transactions on your account sending and receiving. If the dates do not coincide for the deposit(in your account Guido) and the withdrawal(in Brian's account), it is a bank error, which is quite common believe it or not, and perhaps the whole shooting match error is from an outside source.

Just trying to help.....if there is anything I can do for either of you let me know, but I like this site even though I'm new, and really really don't wanna chalk it off to a bunch of name calling goobers(My attempt at irony)...lol

Loki

GIJoeNFG
09-25-2002, 04:49 PM
Hey Lance,
Exactly!! My bank is the Tulsa Federal Employees Credit Union and they do that same thing where if a check does bounce they will run it through again. Hey I wouldve gladly sent a money order after he claimed it bounced but he would not send my check back and wait for a money order as he claimed he needed the money right then. Weird how it is about 2 or 3 weeks later and he is still trying to sell them off

the_bandit
10-21-2002, 06:09 PM
Uh-huh... Well... it's been two months. If this guy is so honest, how come my goods haven't come? Look, a lot of you guys seem to like him. Great. I'm glad you have friends Brian. If Sesame Street tought me anything it's the importance of friendship. The fact remains that the items have not arrived yet... and I don't think they ever will. I was either chumped, or there was a botch.

I didn't intervene in any of those posts because quite frankly I wanted the last word, considering it was MY complaint. It's not like you were shipping this stuff to Nepal. This is Canada, Toronto... A two hour drive fromm Buffalo for crying out loud. The stuff's not here.

What?!?

But your sterling reputation says otherwise. The way I see it, you never had the right to get as mad as you did. $55.00 US is about $100.00 Can, that's a lot of money to me Brian. Two months later and no goods, as far as I'm concerned you stole from me. I don't care about your rep, or what your buddies have to say. This is over, I said what I felt needed to be said.

Brian I'm the least confrontational person you'll ever deal with. I don't want to yell, I don't want to scream. I just did what I thought was right. My stuff didn't show. What did you expect man?

DoC.ShocK
10-23-2002, 12:00 PM
i had a dealing with brian it went ...SMOOOOOTH ..just wanted to say that on your behalf thanx brian i will trade with you again NO PROBLEM!!!!

t_ratv
10-23-2002, 08:06 PM
Brian is the first person I go to for Joe trades and such. We have done a lot of transactions and I ALWAYS end up happy. He is great, and if he is Memnoch the Devil, well I must be Lestat, great trader and collector he is, a tribute to the Joe community and don't let anyone tell you otherwise!

See you underground

rageseven
04-16-2004, 06:25 PM
Sent paypal to Brian Cripps about a year and a half ago for a set of Python Patrol figures. I never received them. He said about six months ago that he would refund my money and he never did. The only bad buy/trade I've had on these boards was with Brian.

Fenway
04-16-2004, 11:04 PM
its obvious to me that there are many good transactions with Brian, and a few ones which didn't turn out for whatever reason.

I think it's great that people come to your defence, but following the word of 3/4 doesn't guarrantee anything.

IMO when you have one or two bad deals, a red flag goes up. Does this mean that you can't be trusted? No of course not. But it does mean buyer beware.

I notice no one complains about the condition of your toys, which is a good sign. It would appear you either do too many deals at once and thus lose track, or over buy, and therefore can't always affoard what you commit too.

One policy I have when I purchase something is make sure I have the cash on hand to avoid situations like this. I would never send a cheque and tell someone not to cash it till payday, but that is just me.

We are only human and mistakes do happen. The main thing when something does happen is to work it out nicely. Name calling and being all tough while hiding behind a computer never fails to amaze me. So many people are lacking etiquette. You woulndn't speak to people that way in person , so why practice this behaviour over the internet

my .10 cents

chris4889
04-18-2004, 07:50 AM
I haven't delt with brian, but wasn't he a frequent in the bad traders post about a year ago?

Fireflyanon
04-19-2004, 04:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by chris4889:
I haven't delt with brian, but wasn't he a frequent in the bad traders post about a year ago?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's been in the bad trader section since at least 1997. The old Yojoe site inder Corey Stinson used to list the names of scammers in a row and had a list of those who complained about each person with a summary. After I got screwed on Ebay, I realized he was in the bad trader section and screwed alot of people. Since he kept changing his ebay and email addresses it was hard to know until after you won who you were dealing with.

He would have a string of complaints for nonshipment and then the ebay account would be closed. When someone is deregistered either by request or suspension you can't leave feedback anymore so who knows how many more were jipped.

I got a lot of vehicles from him that arrived full of goo and with no wheels, they were supposed to be complete mint. Another lot of vehicles he never sent me at all and I couldn't leave a neg for it because he was already suspended.

People seem to keep saying it is hit of miss with this guy, he is just like the other scammers he completes what he wants to and then sells off the rest of his crap by lying and then starts anew under a new name. t is not something that happened once this guy has a very long history. People who were pleased keep supporting him and this enables him to keep selling and rip off different people. If someone screws a multitude of collectors over a long period of time ther emust be some solidarity to get rid of these people.

His excuse was that people don't give him addresses or tell him what they won so he can't ship. He cashes the money though! He cashed my check and sent me nothing, my check has all my contact info. He never responded about the lot of garbage he sent me. I wish the old site info stil existed and was carried on so people could see just how many email addresses and ebay accounts he has gone through. If people saw the total sum of complaints on this guy they might take a second look before dealing with him.

b1b_wso
04-20-2004, 05:40 AM
I have never dealt with Brian, and I won't claim to do so. But I do have a few observations to make.

First, just because 50 people had great trades/sales with him does not mean that the origional poster had a good trade with him.
Second, just because Brian made good on all of his past deals (and let's not forget he was up in the bad traders section a BUNCH a while ago) does not make him a good trader/seller.
Third, Just because Brian had a few bad deals does not make him a bad trader.

This incident is a bad trade. Plain and simple. Everyone else can jump on which ever band waggon they want and praise or slam Brian all they want. It does not change the fact that this was a bad trade. Everyone can have them.

Personally I think we would all be better off if the person who posts would put his/her side and the person who was implicated would post their side. Then once all of the "evidence" has been posted the members of the community could post their opinions on if the trade was a good or bad trade.
We can call it......
"The YoJoe Court" (da dun dun)

Fenway
04-20-2004, 12:12 PM
AMEN........ regardless of how many positive deals you have done, if i see the same type of complaints over and over, its a no go on my part.

reinventing yourself to rip off others is just really sad IMO, and what goes around comes around.

maybe not in gi joe per se, but in life, cheaters and scammers usually get what they deserve and then cry the loudest....

good luck to all who deal with poor sellers/buyers!

That type of info would go along way to help people and its a good thing poeple are vigilant when it comes to new ebay accounts etc

Fenway
04-20-2004, 08:00 PM
i like your idea, but like you said, if someone's name repeatedly comes up under the bad trader section irregardless of all his good deals and or his fixing of bad deals, i would be WARY of this seller and probably not want to risk my hard earned cash.

one bad deal isn't a problem, we have all made mistakes, but tens of dozens etc like some people just scream THIEF

frenchy
04-21-2004, 04:32 PM
I have done many deals with brian all good. I always had him send his end first even when i bought from him. People just need to be a little more careful when dealing on the web.