Stormshadow73 [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Stormshadow73

USS FLAGG
10-09-2002, 03:57 PM
Do not deal with him. He is a bad dealer we talked and had a deal for $27 he asked and i quote "do you do paypal" I said "yes" noth thinking that he wanted payment I made it clear i could not pay that night well two days after that I emailed him asking what to paypal the address to he never responds by the time he dos i cant pay because the items he sold them. In our aim conversation he never once said pay me tonight or lose the items as you all know my mom does my paypal and I was at my grandma's this guy is just not stable volitle like the stock market he had some stuff i really wanted at good prices he asked and I quote "do we have a deal" I said yes then my grandpa kicked me off to do the Oklahima Good Sams club so i lost the items well i offered him if he had the same items he said yes but wanted insane prices I told him that if he could lower prices i wouldnt leave bad feedback

summary= money hungry ill-analytical overall takes the fun out of collecting

i gave him fair warning I was gonna do this he said quote "I dont care go ahead"

definitely takes the fun out of collecting

jonboy
10-09-2002, 04:17 PM
I have bought like 3 or 4 figure lots from him at great prices and have never had a problem. In fact, he has always been great to deal with. Not that I am doubting you or anything, but that has been my experience.

USS FLAGG
10-09-2002, 04:18 PM
good trader go bad

StormShadow73
10-09-2002, 04:27 PM
FAMOUS QUOTE: You'll have a PAYPAL payment tonight... Then he logs off.

2 Days later they get sold. You're horrible to deal with kid. Grow up smile.gif

JLB
10-09-2002, 04:29 PM
Flagg if everything you have just said is true I ACTUALLY AGREE WITH YOU.
That is total bs of him to do.

StormShadow73
10-09-2002, 04:42 PM
If you say we got a deal for $27 and you were suppose to pay that night and you didnt, what does that usually mean? Anybody, anybody? He didnt contact me until 2 days after.

He failed to pay and he failed to contact me within the day timeframe.

JLB
10-09-2002, 04:45 PM
I just dont believe that he agreed to pay you that night. Plus it is very unreasonable to wait only 2 days for someone to pay even if you are telling the truth about paying that night.

USS FLAGG
10-09-2002, 05:20 PM
i never said id pay you that night and i even tried a dasy after contacting you asking who do i pay since you use 2 email addresses

BK
10-09-2002, 05:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by StormShadow73:
He failed to pay and he failed to contact me within the day timeframe.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have to say that to wait one day for payment, and then immediately sell them to someone else is pretty dirty. I've forgotten to send paypal payments a time or two, but a simple email reminder the next day has always made me send money immediately. No one who has held figures for me has ever sold those figures to someone else just because I didn't pay them by the end of the night. That's pretty ridiculous in my opinion.

bleedyoudry
10-09-2002, 05:59 PM
I've bought a couple of figure lots from Kyle and I'd bet every last figure I own that USS FLAGG is the problem here. Kyle is extremely easy to reach (in fact, he goes out of his way to reach you if you have a deal going on) and couldn't be better to deal with. I'll definitely lay it out on the line and say he's a really nice and totally trustworthy guy.

Meanwhile, the only time I ever see USS FLAGG's name is when is he is either being insanely annoying or causing problems.

No money was lost and this is a case of bad communication at worst (although I sincerely doubt it on Kyle's end). Get over it, USS FLAGG.

Edit: Also, the times I've bought from him, I ended up taking a day or two to send payment each time. It's just about having good communication. He probably thought you were a pretty iffy person to deal with to begin with (I know I do)... then you probably took longer to pay than you specified. Thus, he sold to another person.

[ October 09, 2002: Message edited by: bleedyoudry ]

Robert Paul Lewis
10-09-2002, 06:24 PM
Kid, shut up.

I just purchased a lot of figures from Kyle. He gave me four days to pay. He even threw in some extra filecards, and figure stands, because he no longer had some of the figures I originally wanted. The guy is easy to deal with, keeps great contact, and none of the figures I bought cost more than $3, I even got a Stinger Driver for $1.

Question to StormShadow73 you let me pay with a MO, why all of a sudden do you except PayPal only. Just wondering.

JLB
10-09-2002, 06:48 PM
Hey dude just cause the first rock missed you doesn't insure the second one will too. You may have had a good deal with him but it sure sounds like he was unreasonable with flagg.
Take away personal opinion and go only by the facts.

StormShadow73
10-09-2002, 08:42 PM
Let me state this for the last time. My good buyers / sellers will have my business either way.

The original transaction was going to be like $33ish or something... so I gave him a deal for $27 because I needed money to be in my account ASAP. I stated other people are wanting to know the status of these figures, so if he couldnt pay me in the next 24hrs, they are going to someone else. He stated before he logged off, AND I QUOTE "I'll PAYPAL you sometime later tonight" imediately he logs off. I dont hear from him until 2 days later and by then the deal is dead.

I'm not going to hold other people up because someone else cant follow up with their part of the bargin. Thats just business... He gets a good deal in return for a quick payment. Maybe he just didnt understand, or maybe he got confused, regardless, he failed on his side of the bargin.

Funny thing is, if he would have said, Gee Mr. it's going to be MONDAY before I could pay you, I might have understood. I didnt know he was getting "Mommy" to do his transactions. I guess that's 90% of the problem right there. I thought I was dealing with a mature adult.

Today he threatens to report me as a bad seller and report me for FRAUD? Hmmm... Is this the kind of buyer you want to deal with?

All the people that do business with me know that I'll always shoot straight with them and take care of them. I'll throw in extra weapons, filecards, make sure addresses are correct and EVEN pay extra for confirmation and insurance "Isnt that right Dillow? smile.gif "

If this "ONE" person out of the 15-20 people that I deal with is going to hurt my reputation than so be it..... That just means that this system doesnt work.

-------------------------------------------

BTW - I've got some army builders coming out in the next 2 - 3 days... be sure to look for them, it will include "Night-Vipers", "Range Vipers", "COBRA ENEMY", and many more....

USS FLAGG
10-10-2002, 03:21 AM
yeah ypure the guy who bought my stinger driver for a dollar im sure the people he sold them to a ing happy

StormShadow73
10-10-2002, 03:46 AM
I'm sorry, in English?

jonboy
10-10-2002, 03:59 AM
Man this is pointless. Kyle usually does people right and you sitting here bashing him isn't doing any good. It is clear that you are just mad that you lost out on a deal. It happens sometimes. It is all part of the game.

IILokiII
10-10-2002, 08:04 AM
Flagg,

Just out of curiousity did you mail the $45 you owe me? You live 1 hour away, so I'm really wondering about the 5 day wait period. I will continue waiting and hopefully I receive funds today so I can mail off your figures, however, normally it takes 1 day to ship to Tulsa or vice versa.

PLMK as you kinda put me through the ringer on 40 questions on these figures, which I did not mind answering, but have yet to have your part of the deal come through as promised. Thank you.

Loki

schrades
10-10-2002, 09:30 AM
Is it just me, or has anyone else been unsuccessful at reading FLAGG's illegible comments?

BK
10-10-2002, 09:48 AM
Flagg, how can you report someone for fraud when NO MONEY OR GOODS WERE EXCHANGED?!?!? Perhaps my eralier post was too hasty, If Flagg was given notice that he had only 24 hours to pay, then the seller had every right to resell when the money didn't show. I was under a different impression, that the seller just sold them quickly because he didn't want to wait. Oh well, this whole thing seems a little unnecessary since no one was ripped off and no goods were exchanged. I've lost out on stuff before for waiting too long, but I don't post bad trader posts whne no trades have even been made.

BK
10-10-2002, 09:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by schrades:
Is it just me, or has anyone else been unsuccessful at reading FLAGG's illegible comments?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

**Raises hand**

dryhawk37
10-10-2002, 02:41 PM
I dont want to get in the middle of this, cause I have NOT dealt with Flagg, or stormy, but here is what I think:

USS FLAGG is a kid, everyone knows that, so GIVE THE KID A BREAK!!!!!! If I was treated the way he is, when I first started going to conventions, and started collecting (at age 11/12) I wouldnt collect now. Come on guys, we ARE all adults so, lets stop with the bad typing comments, and the kid comments. Gijoe collecting is NOT just for us adults, its for anyone who likes it, and lets not push anyone out of this hobby.

As for USS Flagg, you missed out. There is no need to get fiesty over a deal like this one, it happens (if I had a nickel for every deal that went like this.......well, you get the point). Just try and be more easy going, and hope these adults dont pick on you.

(who's the kids here???, picking on a 12 year old???) :confused:

StormShadow73
10-10-2002, 03:28 PM
Good point dryhawk37

I mean hey, we are all here to collect. I guess when you think about it we are all "Still Kids"

Well, have a good one guys, FLAGG, you too.

BIGFAN
10-10-2002, 07:12 PM
i agree with you dryhawk. flagg is a kid and has certain constraints on when and how he can pay. as "adults" in the joe community we should be a little more forgiving of a young man building his collection and learning the ins and outs of trading and trade ettiquette. i for one have have muffed a deal or two as i'm sure everyone else here has.
i'm sure flagg has learned a thing or two from this post and hopefully doesn't feel beat up.

jonboy
10-10-2002, 08:26 PM
Is this thread STILL going?

Alkie Ewok
10-11-2002, 08:34 AM
yes :D

destroegi
10-18-2002, 07:53 AM
i am still a kid!! i will never grow up!! i will be playing with G.I.Joes when i am 64!!
:rolleyes:

Toy-Classifieds.com
10-19-2002, 11:55 PM
Now this is a more intelligent way to deal with such a matter. Compromise and never belittle others without thinking every aspect of there end on the matter. Patience is a lesson we all must learn and understandinf is a life long lesson. I hope all of this comes to an end and that Flagg takes this post down. Both parties are good people. I hate to see this happen between good people.

SENANAMUS
10-22-2002, 03:35 PM
yo flagg bro sometimes you just miss out dude but storm is good seller but sometimes things just dont go threw is a
part of life lessson and live and learn lol cobra!! tongue.gif

Floridaman
10-26-2002, 09:09 PM
ONCE AGAIN PLAY NICE!!!! You contacted me Flagg and you were not in my opinion an ideal person to deal with you are only 12 years old man and if my 11 yr. old son was on my computer on the internet by himself using my email and my ID on Yojoe it would cause all KINDS of major problems but thats not going to happen. I hope everyone is understanding my point here relax Flagg you never paid any money to Stormshadow73 right&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;Its like losing an Ebay auction at the last minute we dont always get what we want now do we!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GungHo
10-27-2002, 04:50 AM
Sean, I agree......USS Flagg contacted me last weekend about doing some trading.....unfortunatly I don't deal with people as young as that...so I moved on.