Power seller scammer on ebay! [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Power seller scammer on ebay!

americamyhome
01-22-2003, 04:45 PM
I bought from this guy just after Christmas and still haven't received my item. Now I look at his feedback and see that others haven't either:
http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=toyboxcollectable

What to do?

CobracommanderV1
01-22-2003, 07:43 PM
well my friend is the really evil kind so heres what he did when he got scammed out of 20 bucks, made alternate accounts bought from the guy, didnt pay and jsut kept negging him, now i dont recommend u do this, but if it gets really really bad hit em hard

Snake-eyes01
01-22-2003, 08:32 PM
What I've done in the past is, email him & let him know if you don't recieve your item within the next 2 weeks not only will you post negative feedback but, you will also contact Ebay for fraud & the post office! I've done this before & got my item! Good luck!

youngjay
01-23-2003, 09:28 AM
These guys are plain and simple scammers. I bought a few things before Christmas from them as well as they are in Canada so it saves on shipping for me, but apparantly they're closing up shop. They don't care about their feedback so they simply aren't sending out packages. I contacted ebay and they told me the only thing I could do was to go through my credit card company but as of yet they have done nothing either. I call them everyday, they never return my calls or emails. We got screwed man, I wish I could help you more, but I can't even use fraud against them because none of the items I bought off of them was over $25.00 bucks. Chalk this one down for experience. By the way, they also go as toyboxcollectable.
Jason

americamyhome
01-23-2003, 10:46 AM
I filed a Paypal Buyer Complaint Form and within hours this seller sent a refund! Go to Paypal.com, click Security Center (at the bottom), then click Buyer Complaint Form. It was pretty easy. Youngjay especially may want to consider this.

What's funny is the guy, in his e-mail that gets attached to the refund, claimed to be part of a store that was "changing hands" and therefore had lost track of a number of packages. That's a crock! If it were true, then why did I have to file a complaint before he explained it!

youngjay
01-24-2003, 10:04 AM
Hey Bigjofan, thanks for the advice, I tried it, but because it's been 3 DAYS over a month, they won't look at it. What a bunch of pricks running Paypal. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to keep calling everyday. I just noticed they now have about 70 auctions up--BEWARE of these guys, they are scam artists!
Jay

Toy Liquidator
01-24-2003, 10:43 AM
Hello,
I'm sure you can guess who this is, and I just thought that I'd try to clear some things up. First off, we're not trying to scam anyone. Anyone that says we are are simply ignorant. Why? Well because we had awesome feedback for over 1.5years before Dec, when everything went down hill. Toybox got new employee's and there was major conflict of interest, so now due to the negatives we recieved, and the problems we had in store, we've decided to close down. There's now new management, and like we've told everyone that's had a problem "WE WILL MORE THEN BE HAPPY TO ISSUE A REFUND". The emails were not checked for 3 WEEKS, because we did not have access. We refund from a different account because we don't have access to the other paypal account either. We're keeping on the emails, we're keeping up on the shipping and doing things the way a ebay power seller should. However I'd just like to say you should be ashamed of your ignorance. None of you have lost ANY money whatsoever. If you've sent a money order or check, THEY HAVE NOT BEEN CASHED. WORRIED? CANCEL THE MONEY ORDER. If you sent paypal payment, email us, we'll fix it. I think this slander is simply uncalled for. You can believe what we say or not, doesn't matter to us. Oh, and about the phone thing... We're open 11am-8pm PST and I take lunches around 3pm-4:30pm. If you call you WILL get an answer if I'm here. The number is valid and works. Infact if you want to try it, go ahead. The number is 604-853-3937. Anyways, I hope some of you will put aside your ignorance and disatisfaction, and simply get ahold of us so we can send out the proper item, or a refund.

lattinlovrrr
01-24-2003, 10:50 AM
Kinda glad to see someone can come here and make up for the problems!

Nice to see that!

eric

Snake-eyes01
01-24-2003, 12:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Toy Liquidator:
Oh, and about the phone thing... We're open 11am-8pm PST and I take lunches around 3pm-4:30pm. If you call you WILL get an answer if I'm here. The number is valid and works. Infact if you want to try it, go ahead. The number is 604-853-3937. Anyways, I hope some of you will put aside your ignorance and disatisfaction, and simply get ahold of us so we can send out the proper item, or a refund.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looks like YoungJay has tried that without success...SHOCKER! :rolleyes: I like the way this JERK uses the word "Ignorance" a few times in his reply!! Hey, being a "Power Seller" doesn't make everything a-ok in my book! I know alot of honest Power Sellers & I also know ALOT, even MORE SCAMMING Power Sellers as well! Sounds like a BUNCH of excuses to me!! :mad:

b1b_wso
01-24-2003, 01:03 PM
Funny how it is our fault that he has had problems with his employee's. Funny, when I was in managment if I had a "conflict" with my employee's, they would find themselves out of a job. (nice thing about being the boss is that it's my way or the high way.)
Toy Liquidator, just so you know. I am not ignorant. Being a "power seller" does not mean jack to me. Your actions speak louder than words, and your words here speak very loud. Get a clue, and lose the attitude.

rottenyolk
01-24-2003, 01:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>If you've sent a money order or check, THEY HAVE NOT BEEN CASHED. WORRIED? CANCEL THE MONEY ORDER. If you sent paypal payment, email us, we'll fix it. I think this slander is simply uncalled for. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe your the one being ignorant in the fact, that it will cost people more money to cancel the MONEY ORDER. Since it's written to you should deposit it and return cash to them.
USPostal MOney order 4.00 cancel fee
travelers express 12.00 cancel fee

Obviously your not business savy, enough to see that you Held onto people's money for over a month? Hmmm bank interest is 1.6% on 1 month deposits.

Your not stealing money??? Your reaping in the interest on your paypal account, Can't access your paypal account that's bogus.

youngjay
01-27-2003, 08:00 AM
They came through guys!!!
I was going to start a new post for this so everyone could read it, but I'm hoping most of you will come all the way down to read this one.
As I stated before, I bought a number of items off of these guys about the 14th of Dec., 2002. They are in Canada, as am I, and when I left for Christmas holidays back home I'd figure the package would be here when I got back. When it wasn't and I was a little worried, so I sent them an email on the 30th of Decemeber. About a WEEK later, I got an email telling me the store was under new management and some things were crazy and that my package was now on it's way. 2 weeks later, at least 5 phone calls later (1 answered), and no answered emails, nothing had shown up yet so I put up my post above.
Well, low and behold this morning, Canada post shows up with a package SENT on Jan. 21st, 2003! So, I guess after reading this post they decided to send the package after all. Thank God for YoJoe, as I believe it really can make a difference as it obviously has for me. I want to publicly appologize for saying that these guys are scammers, but please remember my situation where I had waited almost 7 weeks before the package had even been sent. No answered emails, 1 phone call--but NOTHING ELSE--I really thought I was going to eat this one. The new management here looks to me that they're getting it together, so they certainly won't get any negatives from me. Paypal wouldn't help, of course ebay wouldn't help (no surprise), but YoJoe came through! Thanks again Toyboxcollectable, or Toyliquidator, you came through.
Jay

butter_the_pure
01-27-2003, 09:58 AM
Glad everything worked out for you. I love happy endings!

Snake-eyes01
01-27-2003, 10:07 AM
Good to see everything came through in the end! smile.gif

Toy Liquidator
02-07-2003, 03:44 PM
Hello,
Okay a couple things. I thought I'd log back in and see how things are going. I wanted to opologize for my own ignorance in this matter, it's just very frustrating to see the slander. I can assure you that we didn't do it to collect interest. 1.9% on a measily $1000.00 as most simply isn't worth the fraud complaints and everything else. and as for the comment about the employee problems, you have to understand how this store has been run. First off I've only been here since the close out. The old manager WAS let go because of the problems. I didn't know it cost money to cancel money orders, unfortunately, it's not my fault, because we DON'T HAVE the money orders, otherwise we'd simply send them back. We're doing the best we can to resolve all the problems that the company had, while trying to liquidate the rest of our stock. I apreciate everyones patience and hope that we will be contacted if anyone has a problem. I'd also like to state that I maded a mistake with the phone number. It's 604-864-3937

As for the fact we can't access our paypal account, that's true. No money is allowed in or out of our paypal account as it was limited due to the complaints we recieved. I did not try and make ourselves look good, because we're a power seller. It doesn't make a difference to me. We're simply trying to shut down the store, and fix all our problems while we do it. Thanks for taking the time to read this, I look forward to hearing from anyone that has had, or still has a problem with us. thanks