Brian Cripps (emopdude@aol.com, GijoeNFG@aol.com) [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Brian Cripps ([email protected], [email protected])

batdan
02-13-2003, 04:25 AM
He has stolen from me and about half a dozen others using a couple of eBay names.

http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=emopdude

His name is Brian Cripps and he lives with his parents in Tulsa OK (George Cripps, 54). Sadly, he will not answer his phone so the IFCC and the local authorities will be picking up from here. This is one of only a few who have ripped me off, and it seems as though I'm not alone.

http://www.toy-ads.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=6&t=004206
http://www.toy-ads.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=6&t=004191

Beware and feel free to send me any information that might be helpful in getting my product or money back. And if (IF) there are some extrenuating circumstances surrounding his disappearance, I'm more than willing to hear it (as some of you have had successful trades/sales). But as of now, he's got some money that belongs to me.

batdan out

[ February 13, 2003: Message edited by: batdan ]

[ February 13, 2003: Message edited by: batdan ]

ImaWalkingCorpse
02-17-2003, 06:01 PM
Sean,
I tlook slike Brian Cripps never learned his lesson... what a bozo. I remember getting bashed hard for mentioning how he had several negative listings. Hmm where are they now?????

Crimson Strike Viper
02-17-2003, 07:18 PM
I guess I am lucky, I bought from him and received my items in 3 days.

I can't say he is a bad seller/traded because I got my items from him and talked about doing another deal with him.

He was very nice and I even talked to him on the instant messages.

I probably won't do another deal with him after reading this post though.

It stinks he ripped you guys off, but I can't say anything negative because I got a pretty good deal from him. He hasn't replied to my last email about doing another deal though....

I guarnetee he is going to lose business from this post. I had a decent deal going but after this, the guy just seems to sketchy.

Thanks for the warning!!!

batdan
02-18-2003, 03:41 PM
Now the authorities are going to deal with him. At least 3 people including myself have contacted the IFCC and I have already heard from a detective on the hunt. So, Brian will either refund, deliver or serve time. I don't care either way.

But, on another note, tools like this have been running rampant with the popularity Joe has received in the last couple years. It's not worth it and I can't wait for these scumbags to go back peddling Hot Wheels and Star Wars again.

Argh.

batdan out

Deadshot
02-18-2003, 05:15 PM
I have had enough of waiting for my stuff from Brian. I payed him on DEc 15 for gods sake. Well Batdan, keep me/us informed and hopefully it goes well for us in the end getting our money/stuff.
Dammit I soo want my stuff and/or Money back .

Clayton Abernathy
02-18-2003, 05:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Deadshot:
I have had enough of waiting for my stuff from Brian. I payed him on DEc 15 for gods sake. Well Batdan, keep me/us informed and hopefully it goes well for us in the end getting our money/stuff.
Dammit I soo want my stuff and/or Money back .<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was among those giving Brian the benefit of the doubt because of the endless positive messages on these very boards...sent him nearly $300 on December 21st and have gotten nothing in return.

What really stinks is that because I was trying to work with him and give him a chance to redeem himself, the PayPal complaint period time passed and I can no longer file a complaint with them...I'm hoping other methods will prove more fruitfull.

I'd wanted a USS Flagg for SEVENTEEN years and when I finally decide to buckle down and buy one, this happens...thanks a lot, Brian for wrecking my great record with getting Joes online and smashing my hopes at finally owning a Flagg...I only hope I get some of my cash back so I can buy one somewhere else. If not...well, it may be another 17 years...

Justin

Cobras Toys
02-18-2003, 08:43 PM
I never did get my Japanese MOC Snowjob.

batdan
02-18-2003, 08:53 PM
Maybe a trip to Tulsa is in order for the gang of people he's ripped?

But seriously, I am certain things will pan out with the cops. Just takes a little time to get the wheels rolling....

batdan

Snake-eyes01
02-19-2003, 07:40 PM
I'm kinda ashamed that I've stuck-up for this guy in the past! :( I see now that he's another rip-off artist & that really sucks! :mad:

ImaWalkingCorpse
02-19-2003, 07:48 PM
All I can say is, is that I am glad I never bought anything from him.

SnakeStorm
02-19-2003, 08:57 PM
I feel I should post on this matter. I too live in Tulsa, Oklahoma and have been collecting Joe's for years. I have made trade deals with Brian in the past. I have not heard from in a long time. I think he is now out of the collecting hobby, but I'm not 100% sure about this.
I have taken up for him in the past because of the successful dealings we had. I have come to the conclusion that I shouldn't have taken up for him and I apologize for doing so. I feel about two inches tall because I opened up my home to him and he even met my wife.
Brian, this is John, what's going on with you? Why do you continue to have bad dealings on Ebay and YOJOE? You need to return money or merchandise to all you have scammed.

To all who have been scammed please feel free to contact me at [email protected]

thetunnelrat
02-22-2003, 11:01 PM
I spent more then 250 dollars on a bunch of figs he was suppose to send me in october, it's Feb now. :( ::Cries:: I don't know what his problem is, but that's messed up. I only wish I could do something... anyone wanna plan a road trip? e-mail [email protected]

thetunnelrat
02-23-2003, 04:36 PM
Guys if there's anything I can do that could get my money back, I tried with paypal, but I would like something more extreme, possibly with authorities, PLEASE HELP ME! Any advice would work at this point, as I don't really know where to start. Thanks.
[email protected]
I've been e-mailing two of his e-mails [email protected] & [email protected] to no prevail. :(

[ February 23, 2003: Message edited by: thetunnelrat ]

batdan
02-23-2003, 08:05 PM
man, that sure is a lot of guys coming forward about being ripped by this ass. If enough people post Internet fraud charges with the IFCC ( http://www1.ifccfbi.gov/index.asp ) I'm sure that something will happen. Mail/internet fraud is pretty serious and even more so when you multiply it by how many have been screwed and by the running $ amount he's gotten just in the last few months ($1000?).

So keep the faith and file those charges. This time he'll be going away for a while....

batdan out

batdan
02-23-2003, 08:22 PM
Oh, and he's not missing. He was able to post positive feedback as of Jan 17th 2003, the DAY AFTER someone won this auction...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2467&item=3107656286

Here's the feedback list... http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=natjonale

So, are we looking at yet another identity for Mr. Cripps? natjonale on eBay?

Hmmmmm.

batdan out

[ February 23, 2003: Message edited by: batdan ]

Toy-Classifieds.com
02-24-2003, 06:33 AM
I was the first one he tryed to rip off but he learned fast that it was not wise. I was breathing down his neck before he knew it. IFCC has a record against him and has for some time. I tryed to warn people shortly after he joined. He has just been polishing himself for the big kill (money) I damaged alot of his transactions last year and it slowed his roll down alot. Some people just really need to do there homework and be objective and open minded on things like this. There's nothing like a Agent, detective and local postmaster beating on someone's door ;)

BIGFAN
03-03-2003, 11:14 AM
hey all...brian is shady and a liar....i to have had good deals with him but i never trusted him...period. ask floridaman...he needs to burn...so if he got you read this post here and report him to the proper authorities...even if it is just a 5.00 figure...it all adds up.

if you have any questions email me or floridaman.

adamail22
03-03-2003, 08:39 PM
I got screwed out of $7 form this guy! I was supposed to have bought a Breaker fig from him. I waited and waited for him to show and he never came. I kept e mailing him about it and he always said to waite a little longer. When it never showed (of course, cause he never sent it!) he offered to send me another guy I needed in "good faith" HA! THAT didn't come either!! I know $7 is nothing compared to some of the suff you others have been taken for but still. This was right after I got shafted in a Viper trade from someone else, almost stoped going to the internet for joes cause of guys like this ass! Gotta know your good guys from your bad guys!
Adam

BIGFAN
03-03-2003, 09:09 PM
hey adam...report it man..any records you have..let the ifcc know...it will only help! and from now on if you need anything lmk! lol

ImaWalkingCorpse
03-04-2003, 04:52 PM
Shadow.. it wasn't directed personaly at anyone, Sorry if it came out that way. I dont want "I told you so" because that means a fellow Joe collector got screwed out of his/her hard-earned cash. I would much rather be wrong and have hime come through. But unfrotunately I wasn't. Sorry Snake didnt mean to make it personal. Chris

hotdog
03-04-2003, 04:55 PM
guys not too be ignorant or anything, but why don't you ruin his auctions so he can't get at anyone else? I'd email all the high bidders and if all else fails win all the auctions myself. this of course assumes you can find all of his alias'. the threat of this can sometimes get things done, if it's done promptly.

batdan
03-04-2003, 08:21 PM
Keep the heat on him you guys. If he's even hit you for a dollar report it and follow through. We've had some success with a couple of vitims and I'm hoping to get some results here myself pretty soon (I need that Hammerhead!).

And to all who have kept this thread alive, thank you all.

batdan out

Clayton Abernathy
03-05-2003, 03:21 AM
Well, there is a good side to my story. Thanks to the IFCC and the local authorities, I have my Flagg!!

Of course, it took months and almost 2 weeks of a police officer badgering Mr. Cripps' father (Brian wasn't even decent enough to take responsibility himself...) I finally got my item!

I am very happy that my story ended positively, but man, everyone has got to report this and everyone has got to keep it up! I thank everyone here who helped me out by giving me info about Mr. Cripps and backing me up...but please I also hope everyone continues to post their negative experiences about him and keep up the heat!

I just want EVERYone to stay away from this jerk! Yeah I got my stuff, but it took a LOT, and I'm sure I wouldn't have gotten it without the assistance of Law Enforcement. Not only that, but there are still plenty of people who are getting ripped off.

Definitely keep eyes open for this guy.

Big thanks to Batdan, too, he helped me out a lot in this...I really hope he gets what he is owed.

Justin

[ March 05, 2003: Message edited by: Clayton Abernathy ]

USS FLAGG
03-14-2003, 07:38 PM
i know the guy he lives like not very far from em ive been over his house a few timews and such never heard anything bad til now well if you all maybe wanty me to go and open up a can of whoop butt then me and my posse coudl go investigate if i get enough replies i will check it out if you have a case aginst him drop me a line at [email protected] my mom knows his father and his father is mean

Eric Leavitt
03-15-2003, 03:36 PM
Is this the guy who badmouthed me last summer?

batdan
04-01-2003, 07:45 AM
bump.

FRAGVIPER#1
04-01-2003, 05:42 PM
I've been to his house a couple of times as well because I wanted to pick up the item I won on ebay wrather than pay shipping. I will go back if needed. Thats way too many problems, and way too much money! LMK!

thetunnelrat
04-01-2003, 06:33 PM
I made a complaint with IFCC but they haven't contacted me back since 3 weeks ago. I payed Brian $230 dollars for a lot of figures I never recieved. :( If you want the list of figures, or decide you would like to help me out, please e-mail me @ [email protected] Both me and my mom have been tryin' to get this guy.

batdan
04-05-2003, 08:40 PM
He is now sending out items owed people. BUT, this act in and of itself does not excuse the hassle he has put most of us in this thread through. So in a loud and clear voice I say to you...

BRIAN CRIPPS IS A THEIF.

'nuff said.

batdan out

sullyx
05-09-2003, 11:16 AM
First off I want to say that I am sorry you guys lost stuff and cash to this person. But, with that said, I just wanted to post that I did have a good transaction with this person. Granted, I did the auction before I knew this story, but he shipped my stuff the next day. I got it yesterday and all was well. Granted, it wasn't anything high priced or major (3 Cobra Slice for an Army Build), but he still shipped. I do hope all the transactions you guys have do get completed correctly, and I hope this doesn't give me a bad name for posting this, but I just wanted to say it. I thought it best to post it on this thread than to post on on a good trader forum. All in all, buyers beware.

Clayton Abernathy
05-10-2003, 09:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by batdan:
He is now sending out items owed people. BUT, this act in and of itself does not excuse the hassle he has put most of us in this thread through. So in a loud and clear voice I say to you...

BRIAN CRIPPS IS A THEIF.

'nuff said.

batdan out<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Been a while since I posted a status update on this...because of this single person I am now staying away from the Classifieds here for the most part. I know a great deal of people here are very stand up guys, but this was my first deal here and it was a bad one, so...

Any way, it took a complaint to the IFCC and MULTIPLE dealings with Police Departments in different states for me to get the items owed to me. STAY AWAY FROM THIS GUY.

Cripps is questionable at best and a felon at worst...

Justin

ImAGimp50
05-10-2003, 09:08 AM
And was any of that actually necessary? I told you it would take me a bit to package everything as sending a Flagg is not easy. Anyways I charged way under what actual shipping was. If anything you still owe me money from shipping!

sp00ky
05-10-2003, 01:57 PM
Its all necessary, you made your bed, now lie in it.

Scott

ImAGimp50
05-10-2003, 02:23 PM
I dont exactly get your point here sp00ky

ImAGimp50
05-10-2003, 03:50 PM
Hey Dave,
Yea Ive made amends with him but I guess he's leaving it up. We've done some good deals in the past and I'm no different then when you were trading with me. I still try to get stuff out in a timely manner and ocasionally throw in those freebies. Honestly though if I have done everything sanely possible to make someone happy and they still arent, then the fact remains that they are unhappy and you really can't change it.

sp00ky
05-10-2003, 04:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ImAGimp50:
I dont exactly get your point here sp00ky<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why am I not suprised......

ImAGimp50
05-10-2003, 04:58 PM
I still am having a hard time figuring you out sp00ky

LioConvoy
05-10-2003, 05:14 PM
You're not too bright are you? What he means is, You brought it on yourself, now you gotta deal with it.

ImAGimp50
05-10-2003, 05:17 PM
Im not even going to say anything about that coment Lio because I dont want to start a flame war and upset you. Sp00ky's comment is common sense and I was posting to see what his relevance was

LioConvoy
05-10-2003, 05:22 PM
pff! Oh right it's common sense. Sounds like the generic "I knew that! I was just testing you!"

ImAGimp50
05-10-2003, 05:26 PM
Exactly why I didnt want to say anything earlier

batdan
05-11-2003, 10:39 AM
There are a couple of good points here, namely the one about firing back at your critics. I hope that Brain can take some humility and just focus on building his new rep, instead of offering excuses and accusations about why.

I wonder who will follow this post.....

batdan out

ImAGimp50
05-11-2003, 10:45 AM
hmm very logical batdan(sarcasm). without excuses and explanations people usually assume the worst. people are not going to just sit back and watch others fabricate lies. maybe to you fighting back is not the answer but most people won't take it lying down.

jlb_8118
05-14-2003, 10:18 AM
User ID History for theataris555
User ID History Effective Date End Date
thedude123dd Sunday, Nov 17, 2002 Sunday, Apr 06, 2003
vintage_toy_collector Sunday, Apr 06, 2003 Saturday, May 10, 2003
theataris555 Saturday, May 10, 2003 Present

Just so you know he changed his name on ebay. He is now the ataris555.

[ May 14, 2003: Message edited by: jlb_8118 ]

ImAGimp50
05-14-2003, 11:07 AM
Yea I'd definitely would never trade with jlb and everyone knows I already sell on eBay. So what? Once again, get a life and stop pestering people

[ May 14, 2003: Message edited by: ImAGimp50 ]

ImAGimp50
05-14-2003, 12:46 PM
Everyone this is jlb's third yojoe account...
Still what's your point?

[ May 14, 2003: Message edited by: ImAGimp50 ]

jlb_8118
05-14-2003, 01:19 PM
Here is my point:

I was banned here for off topic posting as John Missal said. End of story.

You can claim you were not banned from ebay for bad trading practices, but the fact remains you had several negatives on all your accounts, and even now, on your new account already have a negative and neutral. So considering this, and the problems you have had here with trading
my posting of your new ebay info is pertinent information.

By the way, I am done talking about this, and feel I have provided justification for why posting this new ebay info was necessary.

ImaWalkingCorpse
05-14-2003, 01:26 PM
I for one.. am going to give Brian the benefit of the doubt. it seems as though he is trying his darndest to make ammends with everyone.. so therefor I am going to try my darndest to give him the benefit of the doubt. Chris

jlb_8118
05-14-2003, 01:30 PM
I commend Brian for his efforts too. I know Brian is trying to fix things, and I am glad he is, but that doesn't take everything back to being perfect again. So that is why I posted the information about his new ebay name. That's all.

ImAGimp50
05-14-2003, 02:30 PM
I admit I'm not perfect and any powerseller knows that you can get negative and neutrals as retaliatory feedback all the time. I thank you Chris and jlb for acknowledging that I am trying to rebuild a good rep. Anyway I wont post here on this topic again as Ill try and let the postiive remarks speak for themself from now on

GungHo
05-14-2003, 02:42 PM
Brian, I'll also say that I hope your current dealings are better for you. I know as a seller things are tough on E-bay...and there are loads of stupid people on E-bay...just waiting to neg your for anything possible.

I checked out your current feedback and I feel that this indeed may be the case here.

Floridaman
05-14-2003, 04:04 PM
I have been very quiet concerning these posts and I feel that this has gotten out of hand? I say we should let Brian have his freedom on here and collect/have fun not continue to bash him I think its over and as well it should be.....

jlb_8118
05-14-2003, 04:13 PM
As I said above I am happy Brian is rebuilding his reputation, and when I posted his ebay name change I was not trying to take him down again, I am only adding information that will be useful to others.

I hope all of this is clear enough. And Brian if you are misinterpreting this allow me to apologize to you, but I think you are not in a position yet to say I am wrong for bringing it to attention that you have changed your name on ebay.

ShadowSnake
05-14-2003, 05:10 PM
And i must say that some people dont know when enough is enough.

I think there are certain people on here who like to see drama. It should stop.

Anyone else agree to this?

BATS
05-22-2003, 07:34 AM
This guy sucks

BATS
05-24-2003, 03:52 PM
bumping this because he is bad to deal with and lies a lot.

jlb_8118
05-24-2003, 03:59 PM
You wouldn't happen to be Tim Moran would you? Looks there are quite a few people having issues with you. I almost feel like I should take Brian's side on this one????
http://www.toy-ads.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=5&t=000528

Yeah, so unless I am confusing the names some how this is your fault you need to take care of it.

slyguy
05-24-2003, 04:30 PM
Cripps is pretty much a sorry piece of ****. He'll **** up agian and everyone will cry. Boo Hoo, he can't help it it is his nature.

ImAGimp50
05-24-2003, 04:38 PM
And yet he keeps coming back. Is there anyway you can ban bobman's ISP?

slyguy
05-24-2003, 05:05 PM
As always no more than a minute and he posts. Get a life lowlife.

ImAGimp50
05-24-2003, 05:09 PM
And your telling me.... :rolleyes:

Jason W.
05-26-2003, 06:36 PM
I just compleated a transaction with him, and it turned out fine. I got my package really quickly, and it was exactally as described.

ShadowSnake
05-26-2003, 07:41 PM
Moderators? Isnt it time to close this soap opera? Especially when guys like Bobdick post on it?

Cobras Toys
05-28-2003, 11:37 PM
I just want to say this. Me and Brian have had a spat or 2 in the past some trades didnt work out well. I was concerened when i bid and won something on ebay that turned out to be Brians. I had some problems with him in the past. So i took a chance and payed and the item was on my doorstep 2 days later i couldnt believe it was so fast, exactly as described i could find nothing wrong. So hes got my suport. Thanx for my sealed steelbrigade. If you still have that Japanese Snowjob MOC i would like to buy it. LMK

Thanx
Lee

gijoeman2003
05-29-2003, 05:23 PM
Ive had about 4 or 5 ebay wins off of brian. He is a great ebayer. Always sends the stuff as soon as i pay. I have never had a problem with this guy ever since ive been dealing with him. I just recently won a couple more of his auctions.

mrandjr
05-30-2003, 05:17 AM
I recently won one of his auctions and received my item within 3 days. Much better than 90% of the sellers I have dealt with!

USS FLAGG
05-30-2003, 12:20 PM
hows this has he ripped anyone lately i didnt think so i think hes almost redeemed himself like battousai the manslayer he killed so many people as a manslayer but no hes a wanderer who helps people

bigskinman
06-26-2003, 07:31 PM
i for one had mix feelings about him,,, but he came thur with a very nice rattler,,,and got it in alittle over a week.....

Deadshot
07-21-2003, 08:39 AM
Well I'm still waiting for my Python Patrol parts he owes me, My Bjs Figures I bought and the 2002 Rattler which he owes from a previous trade .

Come on Brian deliver me the goods !!!!

ImAGimp50
07-21-2003, 09:37 AM
Its on its way. I had a little trouble with your money order and they had to resend it through again but it did clear

djkasz
07-21-2003, 10:03 AM
Brian came thru with payment for me for a semi-big figure auction. I think we all hit bad/hard times where doing something on the side (such as dealing Joes) sometimes must take second seat to other things in life. After doing over 1000 Ebay dealings myself - I know a few times thing shave gotten hairy for me and I had to depend on peoples' patience and good will because items were sent late.

ShadowSnake
07-21-2003, 10:40 AM
Brian is in the process of helping me out in a big way. When he comes through, i will post, and tell you about it. But i owe him big time.

Thanks brian,
Dave

Deadshot
07-21-2003, 01:11 PM
no problems here I just needed to be reasured that its on the way.

edge
07-23-2003, 07:03 PM
Brian Cripps is a liar and a dishonest businessman. He submitted a posting claiming he was wronged somehow. I am the person out the $$$ Over 1 month now and no figure that I won on Ebay from this loser.He is full of claims , excuses, distortions and outright lies. Here is a summary of the REAL events All which are verifiable by emails I have saved. 6/20/03. I win a steel brigade figure on Ebay. He notifies me with total.6/21 I return email stating I will send money order that day. I did so and have the postal money order receipt to prove it. 7/2/03. I email checking status of transaction. He emails me back 7/2/03 that he got a little behind but had mailed it out. That means he had already received my money order which he later claims was late. IT WASN'T.7/12/03 I return from 8 day vacation and still no figure. 7/12/ 03. I email asking where is my figure. He emails back was this the one with Alley Viper. I reply no it was single figure.7/14/03 He emails back that he sees it now and it will go out right away. The same figure he supposedly mailed out on the 2nd of July. I wait until 7/21/03 one week later. STILL no figure. This is when I lose patience tell him I saw he was kicked off of Ebay and if I do not received my figure immediately I will file fraud charges with Ebay and USPS. This is when it gets ugly. He starts huffing & puffing and generally starts to show his true dishonest colors. Things progress and he emails that he will go on boards and ruin my reputation. This posting was his feeble attempt. It will cost him. I can verify eveything (saved all correspondence) He called me a liar and a cheat. I am neither. Lawsuit for libel will be filed shortly.Anyone with any questions, comments, etc. or if you have had a problem with him feel free to contact me. This is the kind of jackass that ruins this hobby for eveyone