Questionable ebay seller [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Questionable ebay seller

Kir Kanos
06-18-2004, 02:28 PM
I didn't want to post this in the bad traders/sellers section because I did receive the item. I only received it after filing a claim with paypal, so I wanted to forewarn my fellow joe collectors. Her ebay id is 'gijoetoyseller', and this is the auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3190302493&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

To make a long story short, I won the auction 4/29/04, and paid with paypal on 4/30/04. Like I always do, I send an email with payment to please let me know when item ships. About two weeks go by, no response. So I send another email, politely asking 'has the item shipped yet'. She responded that she had been sick, but that it would go out the next day. Then another 10 days, no package. This is over 3 weeks now, so I send another email, still trying to be patient. She says that because she is new to using her paypal account, that she cannot access the funds I sent, and that she can't ship the package until she can get the money I sent. She also tells me that she has many auctions that she is unable to ship them as well, for the same reason. I finally had to file the claim with paypal, as the 30 day limit was close. I did receive the package quickly after that.
I have never had that problem with paypal in my years of dealing with them. I took her at her word that she was sick for 2 weeks, but combine that with the paypal excuse, seems fishy. Has anyone ever experienced this before?

[ June 18, 2004: Message edited by: davegahan1976 ]

[ June 18, 2004: Message edited by: davegahan1976 ]

*Loki*
06-18-2004, 03:55 PM
Yes.....I hate vouching for anyone, but most likely she did not know she had to ACCEPT the funds. When the payment is sent from anything unverified (i.e. address, email, etc), Paypal makes you ACCEPT the payment. If she misplaced that email, she might not know she had to click on that.

That's just one idea.

KtownJoes
06-18-2004, 06:07 PM
I have never had to accept any PayPal payments. I have been at it for 5 years now & never heard of that. I receive 30+ payments a week.

I am curious now. What payments have to be accepted?

GBPackRat
06-18-2004, 10:28 PM
It depends on how the account is set up. My parents account, we do not need to accept payment. But with mine, I think I do. It just depends on what options you picked when the accout first opened and what kind of account it is...

As for the seller... Yeah it seems fishy, but I've seen this person selling many, many, many parts on ebay...

I would believe she got sick...Then here's me just assuming... Because she got sick, she fell behind on processing orders and your got stuck on a pile of "things to do" and never was done. Then with the paypal legal action, she moved your order to the top and got it done first.

I hate it when people sell so much they can't keep things straight and it's me just assuming here, but that's my take on this.

Tanner

PS: I agree 100% with how you handled it and I would have done it the same way... Gosh, to think, someone as anal as me out there.

dillon
06-19-2004, 03:24 PM
I have bought a couple of items from her. Little slow but always got items. I paid paypal both times.

danyanda
06-19-2004, 07:02 PM
If your account is not premier you cannot accept credit card payments unless you upgrade it, so there is a little accept/deny choice they give you.

Kir Kanos
06-19-2004, 08:02 PM
thanks for the info guys, it helps me understand paypal a little better than I did. I am not leaving negative feedback, but I am also not leaving positive. This kind of reminded me of dealing with scarlettrooster.