UK Rolling Thunder Question [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : UK Rolling Thunder Question

Volleydan
08-09-2011, 12:16 PM
I recently (finally!) picked up a UK variant Rolling Thunder. It is the brighter green "Z-Force" color scheme version. I have hunted for this for a looong time and even been stood up on one before so I'm stoked to finally have one.

I know it is missing one antenna and all of the seat belts - no problem, I can kit it out with US versions as I'm pretty sure they are the same.

What I am wondering is.....did this version come with hubcaps? All of the wheels on mine are sans hubcap and though the photo on the back of the box shows them, the box photo is also the "regular" version.

Does anyone have one and can you confirm whether I should have hubcaps or not?

Thanks in advance!

Tolan
08-09-2011, 12:49 PM
Sans hubcaps.

Volleydan
08-10-2011, 09:23 AM
I can't think of anything more harrowing than searching for parts to a variant foreign exclusive vehicle, so this is excellent news indeed.

My only worry now is whether that antenna is really the exact same as the US version....I haven't looked side by side, but I fear it's a tad darker......

Thanks Tolan!

yeti76
08-16-2011, 08:19 PM
Post pics Dan, I'd love to see that thing.

StkhlmDK
08-28-2011, 01:02 AM
Nice to see that you finally found that z-force green version ;) I would love to see the difference between a US, a "normal" EU and this as I have had 4 of these in the past and they all looked the same (colorscheme and no hubs).

Volleydan
08-29-2011, 01:52 PM
Let me get it cleaned up and I will get pics up shortly....my life has been going 100 MPH for the past couple of weeks, but things are starting to wind down and I can spend a little time on the hobby once again....

Buddusky
08-30-2011, 03:13 AM
Dan, what's next...the light tan Tomahawk and Mauler?!

Volleydan
08-30-2011, 08:08 AM
Now that you mention it......

But first, I need to land the bright green versions of the PAC/RATs and the AWE Striker.

And I have heard that the UK Mobile Command Center is a lighter tan as well....but NO WAY am I paying to have one of those shipped from the UK. The Rolling Thunder cost $90 just to ship.....I had bought it for $60 :mad:

StkhlmDK
08-30-2011, 09:08 AM
I know the shipping situation all too well, bought 3 Terror Dromes in the US and the cost of getting them here almost killed the joy of finally getting them ;-)