Ebay Deal having issues - MOSC '85 Snake Eyes [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Ebay Deal having issues - MOSC '85 Snake Eyes

Druss
07-02-2004, 07:33 PM
I felt fortunate to win the following auction....

Snake Eyes Auction (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2467&item=5905556634)

After auction close I emailed him a few questions, he said the damage to the card from the sticker wasn't that bad and was suprised it didn't show up on the picture.

One reason I did buy this was because it was a '85 so old card, old File Card.

So today I got the figure, heavy sticker damage from removal, the description did state this though the picture didn't show it so it was expected. There was bubble damage, as was expected, a bit worse than I thought but it was mentioned.

The problem......'86 Card, 3-D Logo....and unlike the picture showed there was the sticker damage.

He did include a 12" Snake Eyes vs Storm Shadow 2 Pack as well as what looks like 3 DVD Copies of the series(volumes 1, 10, 15).

I guess my real question is for those who are more familiar with older MOC values, from the one shown in the picture to a damaged '86 Grey FC version, any idea of the price differences?

ChrisNeal
07-02-2004, 07:45 PM
Id say atleast $100 dollars. Id fight to get the flat logo peach file card one! As that was whats pictured. You can take it up with ebay saying the product was not as described and not pictured!

Druss
07-02-2004, 08:09 PM
Well I doubt the guy ever had the figure pictured to begin with. He said it was a child hood figure, he may not have known the difference or known of one at all.

Course the guy already left positive feedback so I've got that going for me smile.gif

wacker23
07-02-2004, 08:49 PM
if u paid it with paypal i would ask paypal for some money back.but just to let u know there was a moc snakeyes on ebay that i just lost for 125-150 and the condition was terrible.i dont have the picture but it was bent up.if paypal does nothing just keep it it will go up by next year,anyway

Druss
07-06-2004, 10:55 AM
Would Paypal refund on something like that though? I don't know if you could justify value like that.....

dankelzaga
07-09-2004, 09:22 PM
I would certainly make a point of trying through paypal or ebay. Paypal has been very good to me in the past with exactly the same thing your going through. In my opinion there is a very big difference between the 3d and 2d cards and I'm seeing the gap in value broaden every day. At any rate, sorry you got the short end of the stick as I know how frustrating it is to look forward to something and it ends up falling way short of expectations.