Why no international bids? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Why no international bids?

joebahama
07-05-2004, 07:08 PM
Hey guys I am a newbie to ebay. I decided that I wanted to allocate about $750 US to seriously developing Joe collection. Here I am browsing on ebay, oh wait " a mint in box Mauler" great I want that oh... the BAM "no shipping outside US. I mean if thats your preference then so be it but seems to me only the cheap, broken usely crap is international bidding allowed. :(

toe
07-05-2004, 07:32 PM
Hey, I've got lots-o-vehicles and I would happily ship to the bahamas......lmk what you're looking for. Tom

[email protected]

My Generation Toys
07-05-2004, 07:42 PM
You have mail.

I also have a MIB Mauler.

Email me at [email protected] if you are interested.

-Sigfrido

Obiwanjacoby
07-05-2004, 09:05 PM
Woop! No worries anymore mate! You got the hook-up! A MISB Mauler is a good one to start with, get that little microphone problem outta your hair from the get-go. :D

I'm not sure about this, but I think most ebay sellers who do not accept international bidders are either. . .

(a.) too lazy to calculate shipping to Borovia or wherever, or. . .

(b.) unwilling to gamble the possible loss incurred if the item suddenly goes missing due to an unknown/unreliable international mail-service.

-PJ

dockingbay97
07-05-2004, 09:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Obiwanjacoby:

(b.) unwilling to gamble the possible loss incurred if the item suddenly goes missing due to an unknown/unreliable international mail-service.

-PJ<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is the reason a lot of the time. If a US seller sells something to a foreign bidder and the bidder pays via paypal, there is no recourse for the seller if the bidder says they never got the piece. Even if the seller got tracking.

And a lot of sellers don't want to wait for payment from country x to arrive in the mail.

I am also moving this topic to Buy/sell/trade Q & A. You should get more responses there.

thunt4
07-05-2004, 11:36 PM
I find this strange because I get a lot of out of country business. I do tell them that it does cost more and there is a stronger chance the package could get lost. For the most part its an easy deal. If you are looking for anyting in particular let me know

RotterdamTerrorCorps
07-06-2004, 02:26 AM
Labour and bubble envelopes are very expensive in the US. The 3.60 rip off is because of hard labour: opening envelope, putting figures in, close envelope, write address, add stamp, post envelope.

See it is a lot of work! ;)

Cobra_Island_Survivor
07-06-2004, 05:39 AM
I am from greece and collect joes the past 2-3 years with absolutely no problems at all. all my trades and transactions are succesful.
sellers who do not ship internationally are a minority...

mrandjr
07-06-2004, 09:18 AM
As far as shipping cost we use the the Postal Service website to determine the shipping amount. More often than not this is perfectly correct.

Always make sure to ask before hand so you won't be surprised.

BelgianGabber
07-06-2004, 01:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by thunt4:
I find this strange because I get a lot of out of country business. I do tell them that it does cost more and there is a stronger chance the package could get lost. For the most part its an easy deal. If you are looking for anyting in particular let me know<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, for one thing. Shipping one-two figures to America costs 3$ for me. When I buy something, they almost always ask like 5$ and when I get the package, 1.40$. And I don't think (when using air mail) that much more goes missing then within your country

[ July 06, 2004: Message edited by: BelgianGabber ]

Kir Kanos
07-08-2004, 10:10 AM
It doesn't seem it would be that complicated/expensive to ship back and forth between the Bahamas and us.

frenchy
07-08-2004, 10:33 AM
I tend not to go international because its more of a hassle for me. Call me selfish but thats just me.

I do feel for the international collectors and hope they find many great deals with people willing to ship overseas.