View Full Version : Stockton, CA

Shadow_Contact
08-17-2011, 02:41 AM
I see some of you are from Stockton, and that where I lived from 4 to 13. Ive been thinking about places I use to get toys and I was wondering if some of you could help. My favorite toy buying place's, Best and Gemco they (were) over by the college. Gemco became a Target and I have no idea what Best became. Anyway a couple of Doors down from Best was a Toy Store, I think it was named Something Like King or Prince _____ or maybe _____ Palace? I remember when it closed I got a Terrordrome for $4. Before any of you say Malarky It was literally only the box, Bottom Base and Top Wheel there was nothing else but for $4 it was fun at the time. (I ended up selling it, Slave 1, Snow Speeder and Secret Wars Spidey for $7. :mad:)

Anyway back on topic, The other store was on Hammer Lane. I know it was empty for awhile and it's Sign out front was a Jack in the Box. I remeber begging my mom to walk me there from Benjamin Holt one day so I could get a picture of me and He-Man, well that plus a new Toy :D. I remember the rows on the left side of the building were Model Trains, Slot Cars, RC stuff and the toys were in the middle and usually way more $$$ than anywhere else. I know I got Torch there with the tatoo promotion included in like 88 because toys didn't exactly fly off the shelves there.

so Does anyone remember the names of these places?

Super Sport
08-17-2011, 09:43 PM
...Anyway a couple of Doors down from Best was a Toy Store, I think it was named Something Like King or Prince _____ or maybe _____ Palace?...

If it was a chain-store, it was most likely named Children's Palace.

The Faceless Master
08-18-2011, 08:52 AM
I attended XFest two weeks ago which is in a town near Stockton called Modesto

I saw someone sporting a shirt that said GIJoe - i wonder if he's a board member?

Shadow_Contact
08-18-2011, 11:25 PM
If it was a chain-store, it was most likely named Children's Palace.

Doesnt sound right.