Pros & Cons of an eBay store? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Pros & Cons of an eBay store?

KtownJoes
05-20-2004, 05:17 PM
OK I am thinking about opening an eBay store. I know the basic one is $9.95 a month with .02 30 days listings. BUT, they do not appear in the regular auction listings, right?

I do list about 300-400 auctions a month, so I was thinking maybe some store & some regular auction mix.

I need opinions of people who have experience with the stores please.

Please, I dont need a bunch of eBay haters posting. Just looking for facts or opinions on the worth of opening a store.

KrymsynGardImmoral
05-20-2004, 07:10 PM
I love my ebay store. I sell a lot of stuff out of it, and I do believe the listings show up in regular rotation, but only as they are ending. Like, during the last seven days of the listing, they would appaer with all the auctions ending during the same time frame. I have seen a lot of my stuff in that time frame, you just have to wait three weeks for them to show LOL. I do a combo of auctions and store listings, it works pretty well. I get a lot of combo buyers, that grab a few items while they are waiting for auctions to end, so they can combine shipping. My favorite part is you never have to relist anything until it has been sold...it will automatically relist everything until the item is purchased.

Xerofall
05-22-2004, 06:35 AM
From a buyer's stand point I like seeing them.

I was looking for a Viking knife and it was a lot easier looking through the stores of sellers I felt comfortable dealing with. (Good shipping $$ and feedback.)

If I were in the market for GI Joe stuff, I find it better to search in the ebay stores than in the general ebay populace, especially if the description and pictures are well done.

Xerofall
05-22-2004, 06:38 AM
By the way... you have some nice auctions.

thorn
05-27-2004, 10:37 AM
i have a store i use for art my friends are selling. they dont advert their stuff enough so it doesnt sell, but overall the way the store works is great, and i know every time I look at someone's auction , i check their other items as well, so as long as you have one or two good auctions going you will send people to your store.

the joe bandit
06-01-2004, 07:23 AM
As a buyer I think it works great for reasonably priced items. If I win an auction I will check out other items from that seller to combine shipping. If they have something that I need in an ebay store I will BIN so that I dont have to worry about winning another. To many times I have bought something that was not an immediate need just to combine it with the figure I want, only to lose out on the one I want and I wind up overpaying for a single figure.

Static
06-01-2004, 06:50 PM
Ktown, I think you should open up your store. I have bought from you before and your items are GREAT. You would have a lot to offer to your loyal customers.

KtownJoes
06-02-2004, 07:43 AM
I decided to open it up. I dont have a ton in it yet, but more will be coming. I think it is priced to sell, but if not just ask.