Places to Buy in NYC [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Places to Buy in NYC

Frezeboogz
06-24-2004, 09:21 PM
Wats up,

I was wondering if anyone knows of any places to buy figures in the New York city area. I am sure there are, i just havent found them. Off course there are the big toy stores that sell the newer figures, but i mean older figures and comics.

-THanks

Superior1
06-26-2004, 09:40 PM
You should come out to Long Island they have a few places. sorry I'am unfamilar with NYC

Frezeboogz
06-26-2004, 10:05 PM
I havent found ANY places that sells older figues. If any of u guys know a place or a show in the new york area, hell even new jersey. I would try to make it there.

-Thanks

Flash
06-26-2004, 10:49 PM
I know a couple of comic shops
no figures but lots of comics
One of these should have some joe comics

there are 2 comic shops on 34th or 33rd street near the manhattan mall that I used to go to one is named jim hanleys I think.

There is one called Forbidden Planet. I Once I sold some of my old transformers to(big mistake) He's on i think 14th St. park avenue south

and there is another one on lexington ave and 23rd Street which is an excellent comic shop.

I even know 2 places in queens where I sold some of my old joes too long ago. But both have since gone to new owners. neither really sells figures anymore.

Most of these kinds of sellers are probably on ebay these days

Rasputin
06-26-2004, 11:20 PM
I know this dude in my town called Rocco Muppo who took over Plastic Dreams old location

its called Toys N More

He has a bunch of vintage stuff he bought in loads (he told me he would when he had bare bone vehicles and 5 figs, and i came back weeks later to find his store chock full)

Only thing is His prices are HIGH, HIGH, HIGH

in terms of prices its no different then Plastic dreams i suppose

but Rocco is a nice guy which is why im making this plug

his store is on

Washington Avenue in Bergenfield, NJ 07621
(i dont know the exact number location)
try to haggle with him

that might help.

later

rottenyolk
06-27-2004, 07:15 AM
there are 2 places I know of.

St Marks comics it's between 3rd and 2nd but they keep it in the WAY BACK the figures.

Saves the day it's on 2nd ave and east 3rd st. (I may have it wrong it's on a corner and it's pink they have joes in the back really expensive)

Toy toyko is 2 blocks north of saves the day it's on a second floor, the have the Japanese carded Joes.