Comic stores vs. Ebay [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Comic stores vs. Ebay

Static
06-02-2004, 01:23 PM
Out of curiosity, where can I get a better deal, through a local comic book store that buys and sells action figures or through Ebay?

code red shockwave
06-02-2004, 01:44 PM
Most likely ebay. Comic stores usually set prices more expensively. Take Wide Scope for example. On ebay you may find him for $4 shipped complete. On a comic store, the minimum price will be about $4 plus shipping. So, you're better off going with ebay.

Dave Seguin
06-02-2004, 01:47 PM
It depends on the comic store and what they pay out to get the stuff. I know most dealers in my area are competing with each other to get stuff at the lowest possible prices so they can sell at a reasonable price. There are others on the other hand that pay way too much for stuff to get in thier store. In other words SHOP AROUND

the joe bandit
06-02-2004, 01:51 PM
Definatly shop around. Dont narrow yourself to one or the other. My local comic shop is high priced on some stuff, reasonable on others. I just keep looking for new places to buy. The more options I have, the better deals I can stumble across.

Static
06-02-2004, 02:00 PM
What if I want to sell my Joes? They are MOC and would I get a better deal through a comic book store than on Ebay?

Biohazard
06-02-2004, 02:52 PM
lol no, comic shops are going to give you the BARE minmum they can cause they want to resell your figures. on the other hand selling those figures on ebay will usually net you a fairly good price since most people buying from there are collectors (IMO)

Dave Seguin
06-02-2004, 03:18 PM
Yeah your better off selling them on Ebay to get more for them. I've worked in a comic shop and am on the verge of opening my own and for carded figures you'll only get marganially more money for them then selling loose stuff. You'll at least double if not triple what the comic shops will pay you.