LEG SCREWS? WHERE TO GET [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : LEG SCREWS? WHERE TO GET

Mikers99
06-14-2004, 05:02 AM
Hi there,
I bought a bunch of leg screws from Small joes but they don't work. They are pointy so they don't fit in the Joes I fix (1982-1993) (they are too long)
I have asked Small Joes if this was normal and they stated that they worked on their side (they tested them...) and that I could send them back and get my money back wich was cool. (they are the same ones advertised on their site---they don't work) I have been collection for a long time.

Are there any other sellers of leg screws out there? any major store that sell some like Home Depot?
thanks
:confused:

redviper
06-16-2004, 05:44 AM
I THINK BRYAN STORES HAVE THEM...
I THINK THAT'S THE NAME OF THE STORE...
ALSO...I'M READY TO SEND MY MONEY TO SMALLJOES FOR SOME TORSO AND LEGS SCREWS..
SO YOU MAKE ME THINK ABOUT THE SCREWS LEGS.
HO WELL..I HOPE THE WORK FOR ME...

SEE YA !
GOT SOME THING FOR TRADE?

Lt.foxhound
06-16-2004, 09:59 AM
Maybe they sent you back screws by mistake :confused:. I have used there screws (both kinds)and they work fine.The ends are pointy so they will work with the early figure's.
This has been my experiance anyway.

Spillspleen
06-16-2004, 10:19 AM
I have used several different on line screws...they all are no good...!!!

Your best bet is to buy old joes at the flea market or something....the really bad condition ones can be bought for .25 cents....then you get three scews for a good price...!!!

Mikers99
06-16-2004, 11:01 AM
They are smaller screws. They are too small (head) for the torso but I guess they could work also. I ripped my thumb the other trying to put it in (I have a nice set of tools to take them out) and that did it for me. When the screw is in (in the right spot, the 2 pieces separate....
so basicaly it is just too long. I tried with old ones and new ones. I have had luck on maybe 2 figs so far (I think the years 87)
anyways, the torso are cool....Ill try Brians toys...
thanks

huckleberry
06-16-2004, 12:14 PM
They won't match from smalljoes.

I just recycle screws from junker figures.