advice on selling and ratings..? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : advice on selling and ratings..?

Tummy
06-15-2004, 01:55 PM
Hi all. I've got a bunch of old gijoe's that i've been considering selling but I've never really been able to figure out what a "fair" price for the toys would be. Like, I look around ebay and I see that some toys go for a lot, typically the sealed box ones and so on, and I looked up the lingo (like MOC, MIB, etc. etc.), but I'm still not really that sure. I considered sending them to toygrader but I'm in canada and it'd cost an arm and a leg, maybe more than what the toys are worth (I don't really know). So i was wondering what other people do when rating the toys and so on. I mean, I want to get what's fair for the toy (most of them have the full card with bubble pack still) yet at the same time, I don't want to advertise it as something it's not.

So does anybody have any other suggestion for me? Maybe a place that can grade them for me locally? (vancouver, bc) As an example, I've got this pic :
pics (http://www3.telus.net/tummy57/gijoe.jpg)

Thanks in advance for any help..!

Bison25
06-15-2004, 02:15 PM
wow i never even knew that those old original release baroness/storm shadow's etc were released in canada and the big yellow bubble says with swivel arm battle grip in french and english that is wild man...i'd put em on ebay and just put like a reserves on them, like reserve of $200 on the baroness and storm shadow and like $100 on the eels maybe $70 on the viper etc..really depends on the condition and its hard to tell from that pic, that cobra commander looks to be brutal actually lol

Bison25
06-15-2004, 02:19 PM
i actually just looked a bit close, those mostly seem to be re-sealed, i'm not sure i'd give you like $300 for all of them, maybe $400 is more like it...but i'm guessing thats atleast in the ballpark maybe $500? it really would depend on closer examination of how many are actually re-sealed with tape and all that, maybe low $200 high $600

Tummy
06-15-2004, 02:20 PM
Oh yeah, these things are old school man smile.gif

Where did you get those reserve price figures from tho? I mean... I would love to get prices like that but if I set a reserve so high, (or low if it's worth more), how would I know sort of thing?

Tummy
06-15-2004, 02:22 PM
oh sorry they are not sealed at all. I just took a pic of them laid out like that as I had stored 'em.

The Superfly
06-15-2004, 02:24 PM
I guess it depends on how much you want to get out of them...the prices on these are up and down all the time. I'd just check into ebay for each character and see what the range of prices are...

The Superfly
06-15-2004, 02:28 PM
Just saw that these are resealed. You might not get a whole lot for resealed figures - I buy 'em because I think they look cool but others I know don't want anything to do with them.

Prices on resealed figures are wild too - I've seen the same resealed figure go for as little as $10 and as much as $50 in the same week. Timing is everything I guess. ;)