shipping for Defiant Crawler question [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : shipping for Defiant Crawler question

Darko
06-18-2004, 01:49 PM
I'm searching for the shell for the Defiant's crawler for a fairly ambitious custom. However, before I start looking, I want to make sure that shipping won't be insane. I found one on ebay that listed shipping at $65 (which seems high to me). Is this about right, and if not, what is typical?

Kir Kanos
06-18-2004, 02:10 PM
I've heard ups ground is the best way to ship something large like the defiant, it just depends on if the seller is willing to work with you to keep the shipping reasonable.

Darko
06-18-2004, 04:59 PM
could someone give me an actual ballpark amount?

EOMFD
06-18-2004, 08:36 PM
I just had the doors alone shipped to me for around nine bucks. The problem is the size. I know from experience, a complete defiant Fedex'd to Alaska from the lower 48, in a single box is around $80. Of course, the only box it'd fit in was a Uhaul shorty wardrobe box. If you need crawler parts, lmk I've got just about everything except the chasis I need to get rid of before I move in two weeks. hope this helps

Biohazard
06-18-2004, 09:28 PM
well i paid $72 for mine, and it was sent by ups from CA (i think) but that was with excellent packing. came through just fine, but i know its heavy and $65 sounds about right

Darko
06-19-2004, 10:52 AM
urgh...well, looks like plans for that custom will be iced unless I can find one at a flea market or something...

General Storm
06-24-2004, 09:48 PM
hey!!! why didnt you just ask your old pal aaron
little disapointed :(
shipping from my house to you is always free!!