1982-1994 Vintage Action Figure Collection Quote? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : 1982-1994 Vintage Action Figure Collection Quote?

YELSEW
10-01-2011, 04:04 PM
82-94 Action Figure Complete Collection Price??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most of you who have been on this site for a while know who I am. I have a 100% complete collection of every figure from 1982-1994 with most of the variations. All figures are complete with filecards. My question to you is how much would you estimate this to be worth?

I am NOT selling it at this time, I was just curuios to see what answers you guys have. As most of you know, I have not been collecting for about 3 years and am thinking about getting back into the hobby to get my vintage vehicles back. 3 years ago, I decided to sell the vehicles off. That was a mistake!!! I was only 10 vehicles away from having every one from 82-08!

Well, hopefully I will get back into collecting and get to work out some deals with you older guys and newer members.

Thanks for your time and please let me know what you think this is worth.

Propaedeutic
10-01-2011, 05:04 PM
Most of the early ones would go for a bit more, and the later ones for a bit less. Higher-demand figures such as Starduster balance out lower-demand figures such as the Fridge. So an average would be $12-15 a figure. That's roughly $6,000 to $7,500. You could probably add another $1,000 for having all the filecards and some of the hard-to-find accessories. Of course, if you've had Joes since childhood, sentimental value may be worth far more.

The Right Of Might
10-02-2011, 01:00 PM
I have no idea on worth, but glad to see your name on the forums again!

bluebikerboy1
10-03-2011, 11:05 AM
yeah wesley, some of us actually missed having you around :)
as far as value there worth 100 bucks and since your such a great guy ill give you 110 so go ahead and box them up and ill send you the money :P

YELSEW
10-04-2011, 10:50 AM
Thanks guys for the words of encouragement!

BlueBikerBoy! I will have to take your offer into serious consideration!

As always thanks for the quick comments.

grunt 4 mvp
10-04-2011, 03:10 PM
Obviously time frame is a HUGE factor in what prices you get.
I'd say, as you describe, 7500 to 10 g's, if you took the time to sell things at a fair price, as opposed to a blowout.

Most of the early ones would go for a bit more, and the later ones for a bit less. Higher-demand figures such as Starduster balance out lower-demand figures such as the Fridge. So an average would be $12-15 a figure. That's roughly $6,000 to $7,500. You could probably add another $1,000 for having all the filecards and some of the hard-to-find accessories. Of course, if you've had Joes since childhood, sentimental value may be worth far more.