How much do you like to pay via ebay to have figures shipped? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : How much do you like to pay via ebay to have figures shipped?

Druss
06-07-2004, 05:38 AM
I'm on the verge of listing a bunch of single figure ebay auctions but not sure what I should list on shipping options.

I would prefer to list them as only priority w/DC for $5.00 as the shipping means but I know $5.00 shipping on some low price figures won't go over to well(though I would combine).

As a collector would you avoid those auctions? Should I list a second option, say $3.00 via Padded Envelope w/DC?

Just curious of the consensus before I post anything.

Snow
06-07-2004, 05:43 AM
I try and Charge $3 Shipping in a padded with DC. It usually balances out...

Michael

gunless
06-07-2004, 05:44 AM
I would avoid $5 shipping for 1 figure (even if you're going to combine) unless it was a good figure I really needed and was cheap to buy- 3 is ok, I usually like to bid with people who sell w actual shipping costs.

ShadowSnake
06-07-2004, 06:11 AM
$1 for the padded envelope
$1 for shipping and about .50 cents for delivery confirmation.

Thats what i charge. If they want it different such as priority, or insurance, they pay for it. smile.gif

Dave

Druss
06-07-2004, 06:17 AM
I think I may offer both, any I get that take Prioirty is a bonus for me smile.gif

$3 for a single figure in padded gives me a little but I can also ship about 4 figures in that same envelope for that price, any more figures and the envelope size goes up so it becomes about $4.00 for roughly 8 figures, any more than that and I go priority.

Rasputin
06-07-2004, 09:40 AM
i would go base cost (padded envelope)
and add on charges

so you would say

"shipping 1 + any options you want"

when i mail out, i usually charge 1 or 2 per fig int eh states because it costs me peanuts to ship figs so why lie to people about how much, since i wouldnt want the same to happen to me from others.

vehicles are another matter, but still not as expensive as one would think.

the most i ever paid and passed on to a person for shipping was 8 bucks, but i emailed him and told him exactly how much it was because he agreed to pay actual shipping costs.

thats my story though smile.gif

KtownJoes
06-07-2004, 09:52 AM
I only ship USPS Priority. I can get free tracking that way & can ship 4-5 figures in a box instead of a crappy envelope.

If you take PayPal you will learn eventually that you must use tracking or the buyers can scam you with little effort. It happened to me a couple time, so now I only do Priority.

Iron Snake
06-07-2004, 10:48 AM
I only ship Priority no exceptions unless it's to Canada or out of the US. $4.00 per listing but I will combine shipping on auctions and you can get tracking on all of them.

mrandjr
06-08-2004, 08:54 AM
We offer two options on our single figure options. Priority boxed $3.85 or padded envelope (small one) with the figure wrapped in bubble for $1.50. At the $1.50 we break even on shipping over the long term.

If I am buying I really don't want to pay over actual shipping for priority or $3.00 for first class. (this is obviously for single figures)

the joe bandit
06-08-2004, 10:42 AM
I dont sell much anymore, but as a buyer, I look at shipping. If it is over $ 3.00, then I will pass on it, unless I really want it bad.

Druss
06-08-2004, 11:28 AM
I posted a ton of figures up last night and went with a $3 option for up to 4 figures or a $5 priority option, hopefully they will go priority but I'm not counting on it smile.gif

ImaWalkingCorpse
06-08-2004, 03:06 PM
Sounds good... I onyl ever ship UPS ground in a paddded envelope or box, and usually charge 3.50.

themoney75
06-08-2004, 03:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ShadowSnake:
$1 for the padded envelope
$1 for shipping and about .50 cents for delivery confirmation.

Thats what i charge. If they want it different such as priority, or insurance, they pay for it. smile.gif

Dave<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

thats what i charge better stuff like a complete starduster,firefly and hardtop stuff like that i charge priority and ship priority 4.00 -5.00 range