GTR403s NARY-ed by Ebay. [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : GTR403s NARY-ed by Ebay.

KrymsynGardImmoral
06-08-2004, 09:35 AM
Dunno if this has been reported yet, but the seller that had all the comic three pack figures, as well as the new Urban 6 pack, is listed as Not a registered user on eBay. Looks like the crackdown continues.

dockingbay97
06-08-2004, 10:35 AM
crap!

Cavalry Man
06-08-2004, 11:40 AM
That sucks. Why would they delete him. He wasn't the 1st. to sell things like this.
:(

[ June 08, 2004: Message edited by: Cavalry Man ]

dockingbay97
06-08-2004, 12:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cavalry Man:
That sucks. Why would they delete him. He wasn't the 1st. to sell things like this.
:(

[ June 08, 2004: Message edited by: Cavalry Man ]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The stuff belongs to Hasbro, I suppose they make a case with eBay if they want.

danyanda
06-08-2004, 12:23 PM
I posted this last night, but the board ate it. Anyway, I was thinking that (pure speculation here) the timing (just over a month) would be right for him to have started an account, sold a ton of stuff, and gotten banned for not paying his fees. That is not necessarily what happened, but it could be a possibility

dockingbay97
06-08-2004, 12:25 PM
Not likely. I think it is more likely that Hasbro is keeping an eye peeled out for him on eBay and on boards like these. There has been a lot of buzz in the last few weeks about those new figures he has been selling. Enough buzz I am sure it got Hasbro's attention.

KrymsynGardImmoral
06-08-2004, 07:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by danyanda:
I posted this last night, but the board ate it. Anyway, I was thinking that (pure speculation here) the timing (just over a month) would be right for him to have started an account, sold a ton of stuff, and gotten banned for not paying his fees. That is not necessarily what happened, but it could be a possibility<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Honestly Dan, the EXACT same thing occurred to me. He was registered on April 26, so it could be that he didn't pay his bill. BUT, I have been told you need to link a new sellers account to a CC or Checking account to ensure p[ayment and identity. Not something I know for a fact, i have just been told by guys who are too lazy to sell and handed me an excuse (looks around to see if Chris Neal is within earshot...)

If it was anyone but him, I would say that could be the case, but with the product he has been pushing, I think he was shut down. Another email i got from a HK seller said Hasbro was more interested in people selling UPCOMING stuff, more than a lot of the protos.

danyanda
06-09-2004, 03:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by krymsyngard666:

HoI have been told you need to link a new sellers account to a CC or Checking account to ensure payment and identity.

If it was anyone but him, I would say that could be the case, but with the product he has been pushing, I think he was shut down. Another email i got from a HK seller said Hasbro was more interested in people selling UPCOMING stuff, more than a lot of the protos.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I just had my ebay account suspended (for like a day because I always pay my fees) because I had linked it to my old bank account when I started selling and had since changed accounts. My e-mail ate my bills and I missed paying them on time but the accound was wrong so they froze my account.
Theoretically you could just sign up with a bogus account, OR close it out right after you sign up, and I don't know the rules for international sellers, either. You have a good point, though, that it seems a little weird that he of all people would be banned for something like that. If I was raking in that much cash you can be sure my fees would be paid.

Patrick A. Riley
06-10-2004, 05:51 AM
Lucky I bid when I did. He says my stuff was shipped on Monday

dockingbay97
06-10-2004, 06:07 AM
I talked to him. It is not because of not paying for his fees.

Too bad, he is an easy guy to buy from.

Cavalry Man
06-15-2004, 11:46 AM
I don't know why the account got suspended or what really happened. But I was a little worried, because 2 day after I payed him ebay said he was no longer a registered user. But today I got my item, so I am really relieved and happy. smile.gif

Patrick A. Riley
06-15-2004, 12:26 PM
I got my stuff just 7 days after he shipped! :eek:

[ June 15, 2004: Message edited by: Patrick A. Riley ]

crimson tide
06-15-2004, 02:53 PM
He ships really fast too. I just got the figure I ordered from him today, well actually I have to wait to pick it up in the morning. I'm glad he's back to selling. He seems to be a real nice guy. smile.gif