Help! I'm almost giving away figures on ebay! [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Help! I'm almost giving away figures on ebay!

Cobra Beast Master
06-09-2004, 04:19 AM
I post a big load of auctions about onnce a month and usually do pretty good. This time I've been getting nothing for my stuff.

Complete Firefly v1 $13.51
5 Snow serpents $29
complete x19 jet w/ ghost rider $20
complete zartan v1 $8
firefly missing phone $8
ect, ect...

After shipping and ebay charges I probably just broke even. Any advise would be great. Are ebay prices generally down right now? I haven't found any great deals. In fact I just got a 86 mint bat MOMC for $75 only to find the bubble had fallen off. :(

Any body have an ebay strategy that works?

thanks

BURGH
06-09-2004, 09:35 AM
List your items at the lowest price you'd be willing to part with them. If you get 1 bid, your happy & anything else is gravy. If they don't sell you get to try again.

toe
06-09-2004, 10:37 AM
On the same topic....Does anyone know a good day of the week/time for an auction to end.

I was told that a good time of the year to put up an auction is spring and fall. Anyone agree of disagree?

BK
06-09-2004, 12:03 PM
I've generally found that my auctions will end with many more snipers on Sunday evenings than any other day of the week. Most people are home and not working Sunday night, so they have more time for ebay!

the joe bandit
06-09-2004, 12:16 PM
As a buyer I find that most of the sniping compitition is out there on Saturday afternoon and Sunday night. That being said, I would figure that Summer would be slow as I have other places to be. Whether it be a wedding, camping or just goofin around, I just dont get to as many auctions as I normally would.

Propadeutic
06-09-2004, 12:36 PM
Adding a "Buy It Now" option (at your dream price) may also work, for impulse buyers who have lots of money but who don't want to wait around for the end of the auction, or who don't want to risk losing to a sniper.

As a normally disciplined buyer, I can testify that the psychological effects of a newly listed, desirable BIN item can be pretty strong.

ShadowSnake
06-09-2004, 12:52 PM
Stay away from selling joes, or any other toys in general, when exclusives are set to be released, or when the convention is on its way, due to the fact that people tend to save there money for them.

Just my opinion, but what do I know? lol

Dave

BelgianGabber
06-09-2004, 02:06 PM
If you put up stuff on ebay, you always know there is a chance you will get less than you want... That's just the way it is.

Blayloxzuess
06-09-2004, 02:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> Stay away from selling joes, or any other toys in general, when exclusives are set to be released, or when the convention is on its way, due to the fact that people tend to save there money for them.
Just my opinion, but what do I know? lol

Dave
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with that. Generally Sundays I think are better for selling, but it will probably be slow till fall. This is the time to buy Joes on e-bay cheap, and for that reason, I don't have any auctions going, lol.

toe
06-09-2004, 02:25 PM
Together......You're all geniouses!!!! Thank You for the helpful tips!

crimsonhawk
06-09-2004, 04:36 PM
Prices do seem to be rather low right now...It seemed like last year prices skyrocketed right after the conference, though...

themoney75
06-09-2004, 05:42 PM
try to listed the most you can more to look at and people like to buy more to save on shipping.yes i think sunday is the best and promote here on yojoe and email past buyers telling them you got new stuff they might want. have done this before and drove my auctions up.keep shipping charge fair promote how fast you shipp and that you pack well.the small things go a long way. smile.gif

red25thta
06-11-2004, 12:58 PM
Best time of year is right after tax returns and right after Thanksgiving.

Day - Usually Sunday Nights around 9 Eastern. (Or has been for me)

DO NOT over charge on shipping. (I back away from 75% of the auctions I look at for that reason alone.)Always combine shipping at no extra charge

Detail Pic's and Describitions.

As for starting price start off at a penny (no reserve)will get you more hit's. But your stuff may go for less than what you want for it. So either first bid ( as stated before) the lowest you are willing to part with it for. Or a reserve. And Yes BIN are great but look at it from a buyer's view. I am not going to BIN for 2x what it has sold for the last two weeks. Do research thats how I usually get my prices. My BIN's are usually right around the top price from previous auctions. And link it to your auction so people can check for themselves. Like when I sold my Tomahawk 100% complete I referanced 4 other auctions that were 99% complete and I got an extra $30 more than them.

thorn
06-11-2004, 01:37 PM
the only thing i would add is to avoid having auctions end on holidays, or in the middle of the night. these guys advice is best.
also maybe before listing a common fig like firefly, check to see how many are already out there, maybe wait a week sometimes....

red25thta
06-11-2004, 10:09 PM
Good point Thorn. If their are 50 out there already you ain't going to get jack for yours. Wait a week or two till none are listed and then maybe do a 3 day listing. Also don't put a demand that it needs to be paid in 10 days. That chit ****es me off.