Found my original '86 BAT chest emblem decal! Best way to apply? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Found my original '86 BAT chest emblem decal! Best way to apply?

Inzane
12-17-2011, 12:11 PM
I thought I lost the original chest emblem for my '86 BAT figure, but alas I miraculously discovered it the other day in a bin with my old Kenner SW figures, of all places.

Anyway, my question now is what is the best/safest way to re-apply this decal? The decal is completely intact and looks like it only came off because the original adhesive had weakened.

Thanks!

just_joes_by_mike
12-17-2011, 02:57 PM
superglue always works for me.

wild weasel tank buster
12-17-2011, 03:04 PM
double sided tape cut to size

deadfish
12-17-2011, 03:56 PM
glue stick...

Net-Viper X
12-19-2011, 07:38 PM
If you want it to be just like the original, then use some double sided scotch tape. Put it on the back of the hologram sticker then trim around the edges. This way it will be peel and stick just like the original, but it will also lose its adhesion after some years and fall back off just like the original. (I use this method since its closest thing to the original)

If your looking for a permenant fix, I would use some Elmers white glue. This stuff cleans off with water if any excess gets on the figure, and it has no chance of adversely effecting the hologram or the figures body/paint. Super glue can bleed out around the edges and turn the plastic white, epoxy or cement might eat through the hologram, so I wouldn't recommend either of those for a B.A.T. Hologram.

tmc008
12-19-2011, 08:04 PM
I use 3M adhesive spray. Works like a charm. I spray it onto a piece of wax paper and then use a q-tip to apply it to the back of the hologram and a little to the figure's chest.

IlliniJoe
12-19-2011, 09:04 PM
I like elmers.

darthdrew13
12-21-2011, 10:03 PM
I used Super Glue on mine. I just made sure I didn't use too much. It's holding super tight!

Lt. Night Viper
12-21-2011, 10:47 PM
I really like that double sided tape idea. I just bought some and am going to try it. Not sure I want to be putting glue on my figures.

Currahee_Chris
12-22-2011, 10:28 AM
I used a gentle application of super glue.

Currahee_Chris
12-22-2011, 10:35 AM
I have wrestled with this question for seemingly forever- this forum always keeps the question fresh in my mind- what is my favorite vehicle- was never able to say definitively until today. The shortlist was the MOBAT, Skystriker and Killer Whale....The winner...................

the Killer Whale!!!

Was looking at my collection today and saw the Whale and just got flooded with memories of all the good times. My grandparent, both now deceased, got my brother and I one for Christmas- the artwork is just amazing- very engaging. The Killer Whale has seemingly a billion cool things going on- it can work as a fort, aid station, assault craft- can go on land and water- has the really cool conning tower, the two gun cupolas, the interior really makes you feel like the Joes are in the belly of a beast before they disembark. Then the little motorcycle, the launch skiff, the depth charges- the rotors that work!! This was a truly exceptional toy that really just kept on giving. The funny thing now is looking at all the Whales and how everyone has to part them together because they took such a beating during Combat ops in the 80's!! :D:D

So yeah, the Whale is it!!

Glad I got that nagging question solved for once!! :D:D