Kwinn prototype and other 3 pack figs? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Kwinn prototype and other 3 pack figs?

Patrick A. Riley
05-19-2004, 09:19 AM
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=gtr430s&include=0&since=30&sort=3&rows=50

Many look like they have old sculpt bodies with new sculpt style heads

updated link

[ June 10, 2004: Message edited by: Patrick A. Riley ]

Jeff Bohn
05-19-2004, 09:36 AM
I really like the new heads! CC, Scarlett, and Kwinn especially!

dockingbay97
05-19-2004, 09:39 AM
I like them too.

The only complaint I have is the talkking CC flat back.

dockingbay97
05-19-2004, 09:40 AM
And I sure like the QUICK STRIKE he has listed.

The Faceless Master
05-19-2004, 09:51 AM
I see the Vamp & Whirlwind too!! Are they TRU Exclusives?? I expected the Vamp to look a lot better tho.

The Cobras look good, but splashes of Yellow? We gonna see a resurrection of Neon again?

The Joes I hope are just protos, cuz Scarlett's body is just too big for her head but I like the ponytail detail; and SE's color scheme looks like he submerged half his body in puke.

Is Kwinn a new character? He from the Comics?

curmudgeon
05-19-2004, 09:53 AM
Kwinn's from the comics. The other ones look cool, but Kwinn needs to be fatter and meaner looking!

Jeff Bohn
05-19-2004, 09:55 AM
Don't forget, these are protos, and unlike the wave 3 protos from earlier, they are unpackage protos, making them even more likely to be changed.

(Please change the yellow and green....please!)

jcast
05-19-2004, 10:10 AM
I think the figures are supposed to represent how the figures looked in the comics.

publicenemy
05-19-2004, 10:10 AM
very interesting stuff. i hope they change the colors a bit, but keep the molds.

theterminator69
05-19-2004, 10:17 AM
Kinda look like customs if u ask me.

Deogg
05-19-2004, 10:31 AM
Vamp and Whirlwind: AWESOME!! The figures are ok......nothing too exciting. That puppy's gonna sell just for the vehicles.

Snake Eyes proto: now THAT is how to sculpt a Snake Eyes!!! Just hope they fix that whole color thing. ;)

Scarlet: looks like a Jinx v1 with a Scarlet head. Dunno if it really fits the character.

Cobra Commander: TOTALLY FREAKIN ROCKS!!!!!! Just add the Cobra symobl on his chest and you got a winner!

Baroness: Looks like a repaint old sculpt with a new head. Don't like the goggles on Baroness, but not bad overall.

Cobra trooper: change the yellow to black, and it's perfect. Much better head than the 6-pack.

Kwinn: For a pretty much original fig, it looks pretty good. Looking forward to seeing the final product.

Quick Strike: Vehicle looks so-so. figure isn't TOO bad either

Slice: T-crotch=Action Attack. Action Attack=Pure Junk

Jinx: I like seeing a new Jinx out there, but I'm kinda on the fence about this one. Anyone know if she is an action attack fig?

Coil Crusher: like I said before: bring on the badly named circus gorillas LOL

Electric Eel: LOVE the translucent plastic, HATE the tiny waist-big chest.

Tunnel Rat and Dusty look ok. Not the best figures I've seen, but not the worst

I the final versions are gonna be the real difference maker on some of these guys.

code red shockwave
05-19-2004, 10:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by theterminator69:
Kinda look like customs if u ask me.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah I know. Kwinn's head is new, but he has Big ben's parts(imagine how cheap it would be to find custom parts for him), and Scarlett's parts are Jinx's parts except for the head. Besides these two, the others I like. I think the Baroness prototype is for the Urban Assault 6-pack, and if that's the case, that figure will be awesome! The COBRA Trooper is cool and plus the yellow parts I think can be easily repainted with a simple black color.

publicenemy
05-19-2004, 10:40 AM
that's what i was thinking to. the paint job on the cobra soilder looks pretty bad. maybe just it's a proto, but still pretty bad

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by theterminator69:
Kinda look like customs if u ask me.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Faceless Master
05-19-2004, 10:52 AM
Why the heck is the Cobra Troopers insignia on the side of his head??? :confused:

Gemini Matrix
05-19-2004, 01:09 PM
Sweet! Love the new head sculpts. I even like the Cobra Trooper tho he has yellow highlights. :rolleyes:

danyanda
05-19-2004, 01:23 PM
Okay, that is BY FAR the best Scarlett head EVER sculpted. It does, however, need to be resized to fit the body. The gi for Scarlett as well as the gold trimmed Cobra and CC are great throwbacks to the comics. Kwinn and Baroness are nice, too. Snake Eyes is confusing to me. It is the original head on a Snowjob body, which makes no sense, and it is painted with pea green pants, which makes no sense.

Awesome, Awesome figures, though, and I actually like the Vamp (especially the 60 on the front).

CobraLaLaLarry
05-19-2004, 01:25 PM
I think the Snake Eyes is kind of cool in that outfit, it reminds me of the snow gear he's wearing in issue #2 of the Marvel comic where they meet Kwinn originally. I don't know if that was the intention with this figure but that's what it reminds me of.

CobraLaLaLarry
05-19-2004, 01:28 PM
You know, that Bazooka figure that comes with the Quick Strike vehicle is pretty darn cool, looks pretty real-world military to me, at least to these civilian eyes. smile.gif

thebigzakbowski
05-19-2004, 01:33 PM
I also think they look like customs
i like the trooper as is

gargoyle
05-19-2004, 01:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by thebigzakbowski:
I also think they look like customs
i like the trooper as is<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

same here

(how about a CG comic pack)are they reprinting marvel issus well with kwinn i guess so

Dominic Guglieme
05-19-2004, 03:08 PM
The auction also had some TF product I have seen elsewhere, so these are likely not customs. But, looking at the colors, they are likely protos of some kind.

I like the Scarlett though. Colors aside, I like the wolf with Snakeeyes. I wonder if it will be named Dojo (the only one of the late Timber's offspring to be named).

That trooper looks sweet.

Snake-eyes01
05-19-2004, 03:31 PM
I REALLY like that Trooper but the Snake Eyes pants are kinda odd! smile.gif

Angry Beef
05-19-2004, 03:37 PM
Except for the "Classic" Charlie Brown-headed Cobra Soldier the new heads are the best part. I don't like most of the old school dumpy bodies. That Cobra Commander head is the best ever. Seriously, name one that is better.

Is it just me or does that new Bazooka look more like Zap?

The Superfly
05-19-2004, 03:54 PM
I just had to go and play with these in Photoshop...

CC with metallic gold trim rather than the bright yellow would be much better, and maybe a darker blue too:

http://img12.photobucket.com/albums/v36/the_superfly/CC-FIX.jpg

And while I dig the Snake Eyes, it needs to have some color adjustment (and Timber!):

http://img12.photobucket.com/albums/v36/the_superfly/SNAKE-FIX-2.jpg

[ADMIN EDIT - Please review the rules about picture size]

[ May 20, 2004: Message edited by: Jeff Bohn ]

Snake-eyes01
05-19-2004, 04:03 PM
Hey, those pics look good! By the way, are those V2 Snake Eyes legs? Also, it looks like the original CC gun in his hand, too bad there's not a place for it on his back instead of that flat spot!

jabba the drunk
05-19-2004, 04:03 PM
Wow...I'm really impressed!

That Cobra Soldier looks terrific. It really brings back memories of the early Marvel issues.

I like the color combo on the Cobra. I bet with a little bit of refining the colors to make them not so bright, it'll look fantastic.

And Kwinn looks spectacular. Great head sculpt. Spot on likeness.

Congratulations, Hasbro Gijoe design team! (and everyone there who support the 3 3/4" 80's Joe style).

-Peter

jabba the drunk
05-19-2004, 04:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Angry Beef:
Except for the "Classic" Charlie Brown-headed Cobra Soldier the new heads are the best part.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gotta disagree big time. This head sculpt IS a Cobra Soldier.

Not those long-headed new ones...bleck!

-Peter

The Faceless Master
05-19-2004, 04:36 PM
Kinda sucks how Hasbro is planning to use "Order" as SE's pet while the DVD Exclusive SE used the Sandstorm puppy.

I havent seen the original Timber from 1985 ever used again, and I really liked that one.

BTW - Nice touch ups Superfly!!

PS - I dont read the comics, who exactly is Kwinn??

[ May 19, 2004: Message edited by: donsbabyboo ]

AMulls
05-19-2004, 05:03 PM
Can someone tell me what these are going to be? What set? Exclusives? A little background, apparently, I missed the explanation on what these are for... Thanks for any help. :D

danyanda
05-19-2004, 05:22 PM
Jabba, I took angry beef's comment to mean that he liked the new heads which are present on all of the figures except the Cobra Trooper (but I could be wrong).

Snake Eyes 01 I believe that the Snake Eyes uses Snow Job's entire body (except for the head, of course)

Cobralalalarry, I agree that SE in a snow outfit is cool, but Snowjob's uniform with green pants is really odd.

I REALLLLLLY hope that the production version of Scarlett has a normal sized head.

Skil
05-19-2004, 10:33 PM
Are these figs. going to be any exclusive? One of those sets only available on the US?? :eek:

Blackjack
05-20-2004, 01:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The Superfly:
I just had to go and play with these in Photoshop...

CC with metallic gold trim rather than the bright yellow would be much better, and maybe a darker blue too:

http://img12.photobucket.com/albums/v36/the_superfly/CC-FIX.jpg

And while I dig the Snake Eyes, it needs to have some color adjustment (and Timber!):

http://img12.photobucket.com/albums/v36/the_superfly/SNAKE-FIX-2.jpg <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

For some reason, I cannot get this seller's auctions to load. Could someone please post pics of the vehicle that comes with Bazooka, the "Uknown" Cobra soldier, Baroness, the VAMP, and Outback?

Jeff Bohn
05-20-2004, 03:50 AM
Here's a comic to figure comparison, scans taken from issue 2 of the marvel comic...

(and Sidewinder over at Joecustoms had the same idea and beat me to it here (http://www.joecustoms.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=15726&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=63), and it also includes the Cobra pics)

http://webpages.charter.net/jbohn5/kwinn.jpg

http://webpages.charter.net/jbohn5/scarlett.jpg

http://webpages.charter.net/jbohn5/snakeeyes.jpg

etmartin
05-20-2004, 03:53 AM
Nice figs...Kwinn looks good. I like the skeleton necklace.

etmartin

Jeff Bohn
05-20-2004, 04:19 AM
And the third pack in this set is supposed to be....

General Abrnthy, Double Clutch and Sgt. Stalker

(technically should be Colonel Abernathy)

If we're following the same pattern, here are some pics of those three from issue 3, Hawk could be in his field uniform or dress uniform and Stalker would have a slight possibility of not having his beret...

(EDIT - Having seen the pictures, Hawk is in his field uniform and Stalker does have his beret. Covert Missions mailing list has them)

http://webpages.charter.net/jbohn5/issue3.jpg

CobraLaLaLarry
05-20-2004, 06:57 AM
To repeat a couple of earlier posts, does anyone know where or when these will be available? I don't wanna miss out! smile.gif

The Superfly
05-20-2004, 07:16 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Blackjack:
For some reason, I cannot get this seller's auctions to load. Could someone please post pics of the vehicle that comes with Bazooka, the "Uknown" Cobra soldier, Baroness, the VAMP, and Outback?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here's some more pics:

http://img12.photobucket.com/albums/v36/the_superfly/3-packjoes.jpg

http://img12.photobucket.com/albums/v36/the_superfly/vamp.jpg

http://img12.photobucket.com/albums/v36/the_superfly/whirlwind.jpg

http://img12.photobucket.com/albums/v36/the_superfly/qkstrike.jpg

[ADMIN EDIT - Please remember the rules about the size of pictures]

The Superfly
05-20-2004, 07:24 AM
Sorry Jeff! redface.gif ;)

Check it out! Joecustoms has some more kickass photos of these figures, including the third set - Clutch, Hawk and Stalker!!! Awesome!!!

Joecustoms thread with pics (http://www.joecustoms.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=15726&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=90)

[ May 20, 2004: Message edited by: The Superfly ]

The Superfly
05-20-2004, 12:11 PM
Sorry for the triple-post, but carlmule over on the ADC/TNI boards had the seller send him pics of the Baroness close-up, check it out!

Baroness closeup pic (http://img12.photobucket.com/albums/v36/the_superfly/baroness-closeup.jpg)

danyanda
05-20-2004, 01:25 PM
Man, think of the possibilities:
Issue 4 - WIngfield, Sherry, and Grunt
Issue 5 - Steeler, Breaker, and General Flagg
Issue 6 and 7 - Brekhov, Horror Show, Diana, Schrage, Stormavik, and Flash (or Clutch in Cobra gear)
Issue 8 - Short Fuse, Grand Slam, Rock n Roll. Also the possiblity for Cobra cloaks from the ship's deck or Joes in space outfits (action astronaut?)
Issue 9 - Al Awali Ambassador, Hassel, Cobra Frogmen... or Scarlett and Clutch in Swim suits, although there's no need for a speedo wearing Joe figure.
Issue 10 - Zap, Scarlett wearing the helmet, Dr. Venom, kid Billy

CobraLaLaLarry
05-20-2004, 01:44 PM
Does anyone know where these things are going to be sold?

Alkie Ewok
05-20-2004, 02:09 PM
That's a relief that the Baroness's goggles come off. At least she won't get her eyes put out playing pickup basketball games.

THat's a pretty good CC head sculpt, it almost looks like the hood is removable.

jabba the drunk
05-20-2004, 05:09 PM
Holy cow...I really can't believe how cool these figs appear to be! I actually feel like a little kid again. I've got that same feeling of anticipation as I had when I'd see a new series of Joes in the toy aisles!

Again...thank you Hasbro. As an exclusive collector of the 80's-90's Joes, I will be "voting with my wallet" on these.

Hopefully, Hasbro will fix some of those "brightish" colors though. The colors should have a certain amount of brightness to them, ala the old dot style /colorful printing of the Marvel comics. But, slightly toned down. Those picture of the puported early version of these figs, in the joescustoms thread look fantastic!

I'm hoping Hasbro releases these figs with those colors! That white circled Cobra on CC is especially Marvel comicesque and would look incredible on a released figure.

-Peter

Lt. Royal
05-20-2004, 05:16 PM
Do you think that these are going to be the next release figures?

Goldbug
05-20-2004, 06:14 PM
Hehe they couldn't sculpt new bodies that satisfied us so they go with the old parts & new heads on some. ;)
I seee some ppl complaining about colors. Prototypes never have the exact colors they get released with! :rolleyes:
Wow a decent Scarlett head! Could we have a Ladye Jaye one next? And where is that Cover Girl? Perhaps they will get the Baroness's glasses right in the end.
DIE BIG BRAWLER DIE!!!! :mad: tongue.gif
Well after a disappointing wave 2 this upcoming one looks good.

Jeff Bohn
05-20-2004, 06:17 PM
Here's the listing from Entertainmentearth.com on these...
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HJ60332A

"G.I. Joe Entertainment 3-Pack Assortment. Includes 8 individually packaged 3 3/4 inch figure 3-packs each with a comic-book. 3x Cobra Commander, Trooper and Baroness with Comic Book #1 (NEW), 3x Snake Eyes, Scarlet and Kwinn with Comic Book #2 (NEW), 2x General Abrnthy, Double Clutch and Sgt. Stalker with Comic Book #3 (NEW) (subject to change)."

Corey from SmallJoes said this should be hitting stores late June/early July.

Angry Beef
05-20-2004, 06:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jabba the drunk:

Gotta disagree big time. This head sculpt IS a Cobra Soldier.

Not those long-headed new ones...bleck!

-Peter<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would go with the mighty beans heads of the new ones over the football shaped old ones.
My biggest pet peeve with he old line is the GI-normous heads some of those figs had. Cobra Soldier, Beachhead, and Ripper were the biggest offenders.

Michael
05-22-2004, 08:02 AM
is it me or does the cobra trooper's belt buckle say U.S.
the new heads are cool. the bazooka and frostbite are really nice for new sculpts
things will be a little different - anyone know how and when these will be released?

Crimson Immortal
05-24-2004, 11:55 PM
I think some people are curious about the Cobra logo being on the side of the Cobra Soldier helmet.

In GI JOE #1 on page 16,their is the insigia on the side of their helmets.

The figure's look good as far as being a homage/tribute to the old Marvel series.But the Cobra blue their using is really from the cartoon,and the yellow color is wrong,it should be a gold.

And Snake Eyes looks like a girl and the yellow boots need to go.

The photo touches that man did where very nice and are much more accurate.

Unfortunity it seems as always these proto's colors will be the final product.Every time Hasbro's prototypes have the killer bad paint jobs is 99% of the time the final release version.

[ May 25, 2004: Message edited by: Crimson Immortal ]

Gemini Matrix
05-25-2004, 05:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Xerofall:
Does that close up pic of the Baroness look like her glasses are upside down?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought they looked twisted to me?

Xerofall
05-25-2004, 12:15 PM
Does that close up pic of the Baroness look like her glasses are upside down?

Crimson Immortal
05-25-2004, 12:33 PM
I dont know but she looks like a bug-eyed geek. :rolleyes:

The Faceless Master
06-09-2004, 09:08 PM
any word when these 3-packs are coming out?

CobraLaLaLarry
06-10-2004, 08:47 AM
I have heard late June/early July, but I think that's speculation. I know that Entertainment Earth has them for pre-order, but you have to order a case of them for 99 bucks. I don't need 'em that bad.

The Faceless Master
06-10-2004, 02:10 PM
$99??? :eek: :eek:

Forget that, I'll wait til Targey has em on sale for $4.99... tongue.gif