wave 3 in hand [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : wave 3 in hand

Ann G
05-28-2004, 07:42 PM
My review that has been pasted just about everywhere now..I tried to post it earlier but the board got hungry and snacked on my post.

Wild Bill: Yee Haw! when I looked at this package my first thought was gonna be "trade away", but packages can be decieving. The head is much better...Wild Bill needs hair. The outfit isn't too shabby either..cowboy hat, blue jeans and green as in regular green..not neon, bonus. Since he has the cowboy thing going on, the two guns work for him and guess what??? they fit in the holsters...no looseness and no poking holes...they fit first go around..good job hasbro!

Coil Crusher- this figure looks good for the snake venom creature (complete with really evil looking tattoo on head) he is, but there is no articulation for his elbow joints. Also noticed there are holes in the snake so I figured..hey he can wrap his pet around him..but the figure has little holes in him too. I didn't get anything in the package to put in the holes. So basically this guy looks good on the shelf, his playability is slightly hindered in his arms. STUPID PERSON UPDATE....because I don't read much of those "before the figure actually comes out information and review" threads ane I just ripped open the package like I always do without paying attention...the arms do bend..I had to break my figures arms in a little..but they do that bendy arm wrap around victim effect thing

Jinx- Great Figure..she has a knife that goes on her side ane fits nicely. The sword backpack gizmo does not fit in her back, but I don't think I have had much success getting any of those things to fit in anyones back. Even though Jinx studied under a blind master and Hasbro is trying to show that with her blindfold, I like it better as a bandana..either way mine stays in place pretty well. She has the cobra commander syndrome...cool uniform but don't sit down, but we all saw that coming in teh pictures.

Cobra Slice...This figure is a hit and miss..he looks so good..but he he has a buttplug I wasn't expecting that..I am sure they were in the pictures, but I forgot. Anyone know why hasbro is using the buttons? his ninja twist works fine without pushing the button thus it really isn't neccessary? His arm articualtion is fine..so he didn't get as bad a treatment as Duke.

Stalker-Nice update. His face has that "don't mess with me" look. The sculpt is good as well and could hae been improved if they would have painted the yellow forarms to to match the rest of him and just painted the pants green. I honestly like more than the other versions I have of him.

Firefly- um...he is purple. I thought I might have a temporary reprive because the lighting in my room made him look blue (blue ain't great either but better than purple), but I turned on the light and he is purple. The sculpt fits firefly, i.e. a little gun holder on his chest (and yes..the little black gun fits), and a little pouch to the side. If hasbro did a repaint in more appropriate colors, I probably would not pass it up.

Snow Wolf: The figure looks great (you will like it if you liked the snow serpent, probably) and kind of a relief since I didn't get the Snow Serpent that came with the snow ski (I am bad at remembering vehicle names and the technical names for guns..as you have noticed) However his accessories are lacking...he just has a couple guns and thats it. But maybe since he is a Vtroop he doesn't need them.

Bat: As far as the sculpt goes, if you liked the first version of it, you will probably like this one too. If not..there is a chance you may change your mind since the "boxer shorts" don't look like boxer shorts anymore. Same weapons. For those of you keeping up with the new comics, his colors remind me of those that are associated with the Coil..so maybe he was Serpy's bat.

Zartan: You have heard it before..like the sculpt..but not my list of top 10 paint jobs. Make his red his traditional brown, then you may have a winner. If you go by DD continuity at all, hey..Zartan doesn't need that cowl anymore right?

Dusty: I don't have much to say about this figure...to me he looks like a generic desert troop. For those of you who think you won't like the helmet, IMHO it isn't that bad..but then again...I can be girly..I don't like his head at all really. Maybe it is just my figure, but he looks ticked off because he has helmet hair. Who knows. But the rest of his body is ok..so he can go sit in a desert and shoot cobras, but the figure doesn't really scream Dusty to me.

Tunnel Rat is pretty cool and he is slightly shorter than the other wave. The sculpt is nothing fancy..interesting backpack though. It looks like flashlights which is useful for his tunneling. He comes with goggles to keep the dirt out of his eyes and of course a couple guns for shooting stuff. So his accessories are very practical.

Electric Eel..I love this figure. It is great for weirding out pet birds His backpack attaches and when you push the button it he lights up. Because of this, his gimick doesn't get in the way with playablity and for me, who can be easily amused at times, this is a good thing. He has creepy hands that attach to his arms for your pleasure and removable if they cause you displeasure. His hand his a little too big for his spear, but thats ok. He fits with the vtroop theme and looks like he would kick some major a$$.

On a note about several figures, the hand gadget that a lot of the joes come with. The blueprints say a gun and a knife goes in there, but most of them are missing the gun, the knife, or both. So, speaking for myself, they are practically useless.

Overall, I like this wave, sure there is some to improve from, but I don't regret spending the money to get it and spoil myself this close to my bday

thebigzakbowski
05-28-2004, 08:23 PM
i'll probably get jinx and the eel if i get any, but i still hate new scuplts

diamondblackfan
05-28-2004, 08:28 PM
Thanks for the review Ann! I will be looking forward to Electric Eel, Jinx, Wild Bill, BATs, and Snow Wolf. :D

Does Snow Wolf come with snow shoes like previous releases?

With the release of Tunnel Rat, does that mean that we will not be getting Shipwreck & Polly?

Thanks!

:D

Ann G
05-28-2004, 09:24 PM
I don't know for sure about Shipwreck and Polly as I am not one of those "in the know" but latest rumors I have heard was it was pushed back to wave 4.

As for Snow Wolf, no snow shoes...I meant to mention that in the review of him, but I think I deleted a sentence in there. I guess venom troops don't need no stinkin snow shoes tongue.gif

jay mysterio 2000
05-29-2004, 06:28 AM
Does your Firefly's head not seem to fit tightly in his chest? I got mine yesterday and it's almost like his head is too small for his body. Almost to the point where I may be able to pull it out of his chest with minimal effort

Bison25
05-29-2004, 07:11 AM
are these available in stores yet?

acmirro
05-29-2004, 08:04 AM
Ann, is Snow Wolf a trooper or a single character?

Ann G
05-29-2004, 09:05 AM
snow wolf is a trooper

and firely's head doesn't really fit..mine is pretty loose

These are not in brick in morter stores yet to the best of my knowledge..I got these from Master Collector's online store. If you are a member, they are 48 plus shipping (I can't give you an accurate quote becauee I ordered a joe mech with my set, but it was 9 something for the set and the mech).

[ May 29, 2004: Message edited by: Ann G ]

Obiwanjacoby
05-29-2004, 09:38 AM
AGH! No snow shoes?!?? :confused:

Thanks for the review there, Ann! Helped out alot!

-PJ

EOMFD
05-29-2004, 03:31 PM
got mine today too; I hate to admit it, but I'm becoming less and less a fan of the new series. They don't seem to have the appeal and character as the original series...maybe I'm just getting old?

Jeff Bohn
06-01-2004, 12:51 PM
I'm still waiting on mine, they'll be added to the site sometime after I get them!

Tazzzman
06-02-2004, 11:51 AM
I got mine on friday and yup the firefly head is loose, they are getting better with the figures wave by wave, but I have yet to see wave 2 yet (barley starting tbe in stores) meaning most likely we will not see wave 3 in stores until aug or so, unless we order online such as Mastercollector. From now on I am pre ordering all of my wave from them, they package good and send a tracking # as soon your items ship. Wave 3 kicks azz!!!!!!