What is warming your pegs, these days? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : What is warming your pegs, these days?

cardensb
01-25-2012, 09:49 PM
My TRU has 18 figures on 12 pegs. All 18 are Renegades' Cobra Commander. The shelf below has two of those mech armor bot things...

Target has one Skystriker (never marked down) in a damaged box

Walmart - empty (been that way for months)

Kmart - one ROC Neo-Viper in a pile of marked down bin

Ross - one three-pack of MARS Troopers

therobidentity
01-25-2012, 10:02 PM
Figure-wise, Cobra Commander and Firefly. :P

Lt. Night Viper
01-25-2012, 10:14 PM
It's been a couple weeks since I looked, but it's either nothing at all, or a bunch of Renegades junk (no offense if you like them ;)) Which consists of CC, Firefly, Duke, and sometimes Snake Eyes.

Alchemist
01-25-2012, 10:39 PM
Well, I've only checked TRU for Joes this year so far. Nothing really warming the pegs there. I mainly saw new figures from 30th Waves 3 and 4 on my last trip. Most of the Joes there sold out around Christmas. I think there's still a Renegades Cobra Commander left there. I like that figure. He shouldn't be peg warming in my opinion.

Oh, I did check Rite Aid a few times now that I think about it. They had an RoC Eel and a 30th Iron Grenadier there. I guess the RoC Eel takes the cake as the oldest Joe on the pegs around here.

Kann
01-25-2012, 10:41 PM
Renegades and lots of Artic Destro, as of a week or so ago!

autarch1975
01-25-2012, 11:20 PM
Between the 2 Wal Marts there is POC Duke(the missle one) and a Renegades CC and Firefly. Target has a couple Sky Strikers and K mart is barren, as has been the case for over a year.

dark_perceptor
01-25-2012, 11:30 PM
Nothin' but PoC Blowtorch, Duke Nukem, and a ridiculous amount of Cycle Armors and HISS Scouts. Still nothing 30th here, save for the $50 Sky Strikers. Glad I have friends here that helped me out with that! :)

Shadow_Contact
01-25-2012, 11:48 PM
Nothin' but PoC Blowtorch, Duke Nukem, and a ridiculous amount of Cycle Armors and HISS Scouts. Still nothing 30th here, save for the $50 Sky Strikers. Glad I have friends here that helped me out with that! :)

Ughhh Hiss Scouts and Ashiko's how horrrible.......Grumble......Grumble.......

Super Sport
01-26-2012, 12:45 AM
^ What he said...

Pathfinder_fan
01-26-2012, 01:18 AM
Mostly PoC figures, like Blowtorch and Cobra Commander, at least at the Zellers in my location.

Icebreaker
01-26-2012, 05:38 AM
Rise of Cobra movie figures are full on the pegs at Walmart here. $6.79 each.

From what I remember, it was mostly Zartan v17, Cover girl v2, some Baroness, and Scarlett v12, and maybe a Destro in there. They did sell out on the few VAMP and Black Dragons that they had, though...

cardensb
01-26-2012, 07:26 AM
Yet we have not seen the cycle armor or HISS scouts in my area... I guess i will watch the 2nd hand stores again, that is how I got a Polar Sharc.

dark_perceptor
01-26-2012, 04:12 PM
The local Superstore had a handful of RoC figures (mostly PP Baroness) on clearance for $1.44. I considered buying some for the weapons, but then I spotted an Armored Panther for $3.99 and went for that instead. ;)

Psycho Joe Guy
01-27-2012, 04:35 AM

Thanks for running with that. I think it's a good nickname for him. One good thing about him is you could buy enough of him and some Iron Grenadiers for the machine gun, (the head already looks like Drake anyway) some new heads and with a little custom work, and you'd have an awesome GI Joe Colonial Marine squad to fight 1:18 scale Aliens.

dark_perceptor
01-27-2012, 12:08 PM
Thanks for running with that. I think it's a good nickname for him. One good thing about him is you could buy enough of him and some Iron Grenadiers for the machine gun, (the head already looks like Drake anyway) some new heads and with a little custom work, and you'd have an awesome GI Joe Colonial Marine squad to fight 1:18 scale Aliens.

I laughed pretty hard when I first saw the reference. He just needs some shades and a cigar... :) I thought about army building him, but not at $9.99 each. Why is it whenever you want to army build a peg warmer, they're suddenly gone? I thought about using frosty Destros as Arctic IGs but they've all disapeared in my area.

Satandy
01-27-2012, 08:48 PM
My closest walmart has just one lonely renegades cobra commander but it seems someone might have bought the lonely movie storm shadow they dug up somewhere. There is a mole pod in their clearance aisle somewhere too.

The other has loads of renegades Duke, Cobra Commander, Firefly and Snake Eyes. The army builders from that wave stuck around for a while but are gone now.

Golddragon71
01-28-2012, 01:35 PM
My Walmart and Target are devoid of any Joes whatsoever but my TRU has Renegades Duke Snake Eyes Cobra Commander and Firefly.

MonsterSlayer
01-29-2012, 11:34 PM
Went to a TJ Maxx today and picked up ROC Charbroil and Night Adder mostly because they were $3 and I like sone parts of those figures. I still have a local wal-mart with quite of few POC and 30 th figures but not the ones everyone wants so bad including myself.

I saw a polar shark at a Ross, was on the fence but may try to go back for it. TRU and Target mostly cleaned out except the afore mentioned artic destro and sky striker which is much cheaper online.

Pathfinder_fan
01-30-2012, 01:00 AM

Duke Nukem? Did I miss something? That's a different fandom.

Psycho Joe Guy
02-01-2012, 12:19 PM
Duke Nukem? Did I miss something? That's a different fandom.

Even though he carries the Aliens pulse rifle, that figure, especially with its huge gun accessory bears more than a passing resemblance to the original Duke Nukem videogame character which was a ripoff of Doom. All that's missing are the sunglasses, cigar and Bruce Campbell quotes from "Army of Darkness."

sparks007
02-02-2012, 08:04 PM
The pegs are almost bare around here all I am able to find are Cobra Commander and Firefly from Renegades and that us at Walgreens and CVS. TRU has 30th wave 4 in and out pretty regularly so they can't be considered peg warming because they usually sell through in a couple if days.

Rooster3D
02-03-2012, 11:11 PM
Same, CC & FF here in N. NJ. Also Duke and SE from Renegades. I don't think we have been getting any wave 4s at all, unless they are selling in 2 minutes.