average value for loose parts, weapons [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : average value for loose parts, weapons

KrymsynGardImmoral
05-29-2004, 05:21 PM
I have a pretty good lot of extra loose weapons and accessories I was thinking about bringing to the joe show and selling or trading off, but I don't want to waste my time. i have paid anywhere from $0.05 to $10 for sinlge weapons, but I wanted to know if there is a general consensus among collectors as to an average selling price per weapon, be it a dollar, $0.50, or whatever. I understand better stuff goes for more money, I am really looking for a good feel for what the normal backpacks and rifles might be worth to someone that needs them. Any help is appreciated, as this will help me decide if it is worth it to pack all my weapons on my truck.

Iron Snake
05-29-2004, 05:28 PM
.50-1.00 for most weapons. I wouldn't tend to pay that much for a single piece unless it was something I didn't care to look for, but for the convention that's a good price. That's what they seem to go for at most toy shows I've been to. There's going to be a lot more 3 3/4 collectors at the con this year as opposed to last year so I think in the end it'd be worthwhile to take em.

Patrick A. Riley
05-29-2004, 05:31 PM
Try this as a reference:

GI Joe Accessory Price Guide (http://filebox.vt.edu/users/jhadder/accessoriesindex.html)

You should be able to at least narrow down an average price by year

[ May 29, 2004: Message edited by: Patrick A. Riley ]

Iron Snake
05-29-2004, 06:26 PM
Yeah, but he's asking whether it'd be worth it to take weapons to a show for the average collectors to root through. The price guide is good (pretty damn accurate too) but most collectors won't be paying more than .50 to 1.00 for weapons and even fewer will be looking for single pieces. They tend to buy bunches at a time (again, this is just in my experience) looking to clear a bunch off of a list. The thing is I don't know how many people are going to be looking for the smaller, easier to find, accessories at the convention.

Assuming I can still make it, searching through a box of guns and stuff for the few accessories I still need isn't something I plan to be doing too much. I'll be hunting for hard to find vehicles and foreign pieces that I can currently only tend to find on ebay. Anyway, I still vote to take em. smile.gif

danyanda
05-29-2004, 10:10 PM
I try to pay $.25-$.50, I usually don't pay more than that unless it's a rare accessory. $1.00 seems a little steep to me for common accessories.
The 2 shops that have sold me loose accessories have sold them to me between $.10 and $.50.

thorn
05-29-2004, 10:24 PM
i think $1 is ok for most weapons, some are worth a bit extra, pretty obvious which ones, and i m sure you know about mics

Obiwanjacoby
05-29-2004, 11:04 PM
Man, rooting through loose accessory bins is a total blast! I love it! I'm sure there will be fans there at the con elbowing each other just to rummage through a weapons/parts bin.

You never know if you'll see a certain part/accessory & say, "Oh yeah, I forgot I need to complete that one guy I forgot about!"

Even my WIFE likes digging through accessory bins to match early to mid 80's figures with their gear. She grew up with Joes and has that "puzzle type" mentality alot of other folks seem to have.

I swear, if that was my day job. . .just matching/IDing figure accessories for an online dealer or whatever, I'd be happy as a pig in ****! :D

-PJ

KrymsynGardImmoral
05-30-2004, 07:18 AM
Thanks, guys. i think i will bring them, and start them all at $1 each. I would go lower on backpacks or other more common stuff. Everything is already sorted by color, so I won't let guys rifle through them, but I will pull stuff myself if guys have lists and tell me what they need.

crimsonhawk
05-30-2004, 11:07 PM
People like digging through accessories...I hope there are lots of booths that have this at the show, I plan on taking my time and finding those parts I need. I also sell my accessories for about .50 cents each.