Bad news about Cobra Infantry Set [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Bad news about Cobra Infantry Set

thebigzakbowski
05-14-2004, 11:42 AM
The infantry set was made an X item today in the tru computer system. X means hasbro is not making anymore and there are none in the wearhouse. Let the price gouging go up like it was gas lol.

[ May 14, 2004: Message edited by: Jeff Bohn ]

crimson tide
05-14-2004, 12:27 PM
Doesn't surprise me one bit, maybe in twenty more years we will get another chance at them, lol!! ;)

red25thta
05-14-2004, 01:35 PM
Took my paycheck to the bank, over by carswell for those in the DFW area. I hit 4 TRU's today and picked up 6 Inf sets!!!!

red25thta
05-14-2004, 01:36 PM
Oh then traffic started moving again and my day-dream was over.

airedevon
05-14-2004, 01:39 PM
Red, thanks for the smile !!!!! :)

Aire

thebigzakbowski
05-14-2004, 02:01 PM
sorry if the first title was too much of a tease Jeff.

Propadeutic
05-14-2004, 02:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Let the price gouging go up like it was gas lol.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess it's time to start drilling for infantry troopers in ANWAR.

red25thta
05-14-2004, 05:14 PM
I promise if I see any around here and I don't have the $$$$ to buy them I will get on this board ASAP and let y'all know which one has it. I checked Arlington, Hurst, Irving today and I will check Duncanville tomorrow.

GRNLNTRN715
05-14-2004, 06:28 PM
I'm sorry, this will make you guys sick, but when I went to get mine a couple of months ago there was approxiamately 10-12 packs just dumped in a bin. HUGE SURPRISE!! There were no fist fights and no scalpers! I picked up 2 (bringing my total to 5) and walked out! And they rang it up wrong so I got both for $14.99 each!

Blackjack
05-14-2004, 06:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by red25thta:
I promise if I see any around here and I don't have the $$$$ to buy them I will get on this board ASAP and let y'all know which one has it. I checked Arlington, Hurst, Irving today and I will check Duncanville tomorrow.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you do run across any, or anywhere that has any of the late Spy Troops figures, such as the Blue Cobra Commander with helmet, and such, please let me know. I live in Haltom City, and have been unable to locate any of them lately.

red25thta
05-14-2004, 06:47 PM
The one with Switch Gears?

DacaZ
05-15-2004, 06:55 AM
I only have three of these sets right now, I may try to find a couple more.

Originally, I found only one on the peg at the local TRU and then no more. Then on my last visit I remembered to peek into the overstock cupboard and found that they were all hidden up there, so I grabbed two more.

james strickland
05-15-2004, 07:51 PM
I guess I will have too do with one.

crimsonhawk
05-16-2004, 08:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by james strickland:
I guess I will have too do with one.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup. our TRU stinks badly. I got mine in St. Louis. Never saw it in springfield at all.

Dominic Guglieme
05-17-2004, 01:08 PM
No Cobra Infantry in Springfield of all places? Weird.

rah-digga
05-17-2004, 06:16 PM
Don't know how true this is... Toys R Us in Time square had tons. I just picked up two more and will pick up some more during the course of the week.

hardmaster
05-17-2004, 06:20 PM
i have 25 now mite as well go get the rest at my tru...anybody want ???

starrcommand
05-17-2004, 06:26 PM
hard master how much you want 4 each 1 and how much to ship to the east coast?

theterminator69
05-17-2004, 06:38 PM
HArdmaster id like a set please!

red25thta
05-17-2004, 10:25 PM
I want 2 more set's! Also I have 2 Python Patrols left if anyone is looking for them!

Agent Orange
05-18-2004, 11:09 AM
Heheh. My friend Recondo76 and I found four yesterday at a Toys R Us. They were the first ones I've seen in months, the Infantry Pack pegs had been taken down long ago, and I assumed we'd never see them in our area again. I guess they we hidden in the back somewhere.

Of course, we mooked them all up. smile.gif

red25thta
05-18-2004, 11:15 AM
The last one I found which was #2 for me was in with all the Night Force Packs.

Hama-Eggs
05-18-2004, 11:26 AM
A phone call is placed.

"Thank you for calling Toys R Us, we will be closing at....."
press zero
"Your call is important to us, please hold while we page a rep to assist you"

------long story short-----

nope no more in store. cant tell me if other stores have any. dont know if we will get more, we never know what they will send us. Sorry....oh and I have like 30 packs so screw you toy junkie.....click.....

huh???

red25thta
05-19-2004, 07:34 PM
Anyone in the DFW area looking for the Sky Sweeper or Smoke Screen or pretty much any of those vehicals should goto the Duncanville Store. I think they had 30 Sky Sweepers. I pretty much tore the store apart today looking for inf sets. None to be found :( I think I hacked off a few of their employees by looking behind almost everything too see if something was hiden. Oh well if the &*'er haddn't bought them all up maybe I would not have to trash their store looking for some more!

YELSEW
05-20-2004, 08:52 AM
My wife was in Pittsburgh and picked up all nine sets for me from the three TRU's between Clarksburg, WV and Pittsburgh. I have a good army now. I didn't want to pay for them on Ebay. I am looking forward to the other 2 sets coming out later this year. Does anyone know of any pics available, please email me if you have them.

Kir Kanos
05-20-2004, 06:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by thebigzakbowski:
The infantry set was made an X item today in the tru computer system. X means hasbro is not making anymore and there are none in the wearhouse. Let the price gouging go up like it was gas lol.

[ May 14, 2004: Message edited by: Jeff Bohn ]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

so this is it? no more infantry?? when I worked at best buy, performance code 'x' in the computer inventory system meant a low, inactive stock level. sometimes the item was re-stocked, sometimes not. this is really disappointing.

thebigzakbowski
05-20-2004, 07:57 PM
the three classifications of toys r us items
A = available, item is still being produced.
D = discontinued, item is no longer produced, but there are still some in the wearhouse.
X = discontinued, item is no longer produced, there are none in the wearhouse.

Kir Kanos
05-21-2004, 12:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by thebigzakbowski:
the three classifications of toys r us items
A = available, item is still being produced.
D = discontinued, item is no longer produced, but there are still some in the wearhouse.
X = discontinued, item is no longer produced, there are none in the wearhouse.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

this really sucks, with all the demand for these, I just don't understand it. If something sells like crazy, logic says to keep producing tons of it, what are they thinking? Sorry for this rant, but why? I hope this will be remedied by Hasbro, they stand to lost a lot of money on this mistake. Am I missing something here? :confused:

dockingbay97
05-21-2004, 01:00 PM
OK, again - Hasbro is not to blame here.

Hasbro shops these exclusives around. TRU said "Yeah, we want that and this many units." Hasbro makes that amount that TRU wants and ships them to TRU. TRU then at some point has to decide if they want more or not. In this case it must have been not.

At any rate, the way these figures sold I doubt Hasbro won't be issueing them again in some fashion.

thebigzakbowski
05-21-2004, 05:39 PM
docking bay is 100% right TRU corporate is to blame. feel free to complain to them it'll change nothing :(

Lt. Royal
05-21-2004, 07:29 PM
I found that you just cant worry about this stuff. Just take what comes and be happy with it. Getting angry over the toys is pointless. One nice thing is that gi joe has seemed to gotten cheaper on ebay.

I just got big mean dog, a hiss, a stun, the twins, a maggot, motor vioer and worms for 40 dollars. I couldn't have bought that stuff new that cheap. I picked up a cobra condor off a guy the other day complete for 15 bucks. I think the novelty of it makes it fun. I have found that once someting is in mass production you get it and then it is off to the next obsession. It never ends really if you think about it....I have seen some people on here that more than likely need to see a shrink for obssessive behavior!

I like being surprised and decided a long time ago that certain things are the way they are and you be happy with what you got......

stad
05-23-2004, 07:11 AM
These are still showing up here and there. I just found 4 of them at TRU in Roseville, MI. Of course, I did buy 2 of them myself, but there are still some! Good luck all!

theterminator69
05-23-2004, 07:44 AM
What Saddens me the most id there are some collectors out that thatd kill for one. im in Canada and i begged my friend in the US and i got it at cost. If i ever come across another one i'll sell it at cost to a fellow collector becuz i know what it's like to get the bum end of things.

FRED CI
06-22-2004, 07:15 AM
Someone I know has 5 that he'll sell for $25.00
that what he payed for them will ask if he still has them and pick them up and let you guy know if anybody is interested I will post here. null