My Paltry Viper Army [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : My Paltry Viper Army

The Faceless Master
06-05-2004, 11:04 PM
I got bored today & decided to lineup my Vipers in my living room. I am a conservative army builder & I dont buy more than 4 of the same figure, but what I am most proud of are their rifles!!

I assembled 4 Viper groups:
- Blue Squad led by the original 86 Viper followed by four 2003 Blue Vipers http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/donsbabyboo/detail?.dir=/6c36&.dnm=5c48.jpg

- Green Squad led by the Venom Cycle Viper followed by four Forest Vipers http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/donsbabyboo/detail?.dir=/6c36&.dnm=59e6.jpg&.src=ph

- Purple Squad led by 98 Flight Pod Viper followed by four purple Vipers http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/donsbabyboo/detail?.dir=/6c36&.dnm=2e20.jpg&.src=ph

- Red Squad led by the 1990 Sonic Viper followed by four Venom Cycle Repaint Vipers http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/donsbabyboo/detail?.dir=/6c36&.dnm=6599.jpg&.src=ph

Much thanks to eBayer OMEGACITY for the awesome viper rifle moulds!! :D

thorn
06-06-2004, 03:06 AM
dude those are sweet groups. i am most jealous of the 98 group- i dont have ANY of those, maybe winning the purple one finally.
give us a photo of all of them together!

Crimson Immortal
06-06-2004, 04:32 AM
Yea thats a nice collection!

I have around 8 of the original Vipers.Their my favorites.

I never seriously bothered to collect the newer versions cause their legs/necks where very cheapy contructed,I only have about 3 of each, from 2002-2003.They werent my cup of tea.

Lt. Royal
06-06-2004, 10:46 AM
I really liked the green vipers. I use the toys R us exclusive pack with the grey one as the officer. I bought three of those packs and only opened two of them the rest were opened and played with

Obiwanjacoby
06-06-2004, 12:10 PM
You know, I never-ever once thought of organizing Vipers that way.

"Blue Squad", Green Squad", etc. like they were X-wing Fighter formations or something.

So simple, but so creative. Thanks! :D

-PJ

Patrick A. Riley
06-06-2004, 12:17 PM
It's not "paltry". A Paltry Viper army would only consist of one Viper that's missing an arm or a leg and doesn't have any weapons tongue.gif

The Faceless Master
06-06-2004, 01:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lt. Royal:
I really liked the green vipers. I use the toys R us exclusive pack with the grey one as the officer. I bought three of those packs and only opened two of them the rest were opened and played with<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I got those Vipers too!! Except I use them as Terrordrome Internal Security Vipers, or Citadel Vipers as I call them, with the Blue ones guarding the hallways & corridors, while the Grey Officers are on the top of the Terrordrome watching the monitors.

The Faceless Master
06-06-2004, 01:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Obiwanjacoby:
You know, I never-ever once thought of organizing Vipers that way.

"Blue Squad", Green Squad", etc. like they were X-wing Fighter formations or something.

So simple, but so creative. Thanks! :D

-PJ<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks PJ!! I've had them organized like that for a while now, but couldnt display em til I got proper Viper rifles, and I did from OMEGACITY - thanks!!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Patrick A. Riley:
It's not "paltry". A Paltry Viper army would only consist of one Viper that's missing an arm or a leg and doesn't have any weapons tongue.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Patrick!! But compared to so many awesome army builders out there who Troop Build Vipers in the hundreds, this is not even a blip on the radar. :rolleyes:

[ June 06, 2004: Message edited by: donsbabyboo ]

danyanda
06-06-2004, 01:36 PM
I do the same type of thing thing with my Vipers:
8 v1 Vipers led by Crimson Venom Cycle Viper
8 Forest Vipers led by original Venom Cycle Viper
8 Purple Vipers led by TRU grey Officer
16 Spytroops Red/Blue Vipers led by 2 TRU Blue Troopers

The Faceless Master
06-06-2004, 01:48 PM
I got a silly sub-story going on with the different colored squads too. Ya know how it says on the Viper's filecard that: "If you want to get anywhere in Cobra, you have to start out as a Viper."

Well, my Blue Viper squad or Midnight Squad are aspiring to one day be promoted to the ranks of Night Viper or Alley Viper - something to do with midnight ops

Green Vipers or Forest Squad to the ranks of Rock or Range Vipers - something to do with wildnerness

Purple Vipers or Indigo Squad to the ranks of SAW, HEAT or anything to do with artillery

Red Vipers or Inferno Squad to the ranks of Desert Scorpions & Incinerators, anything to do with Fire or heat...

Thats my joeverse anyway.

The Faceless Master
06-06-2004, 02:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by thorn:
dude those are sweet groups. i am most jealous of the 98 group- i dont have ANY of those, maybe winning the purple one finally.
give us a photo of all of them together!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heres a pic of the Vipers lined up with their Commander, Mercer: http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/donsbabyboo/detail?.dir=/6c36&.dnm=44bb.jpg

Heres most of my Hierarchy on the top of the Terrordrome: http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/donsbabyboo/detail?.dir=/6c36&.dnm=d30a.jpg&.src=ph

Gemini Matrix
06-06-2004, 03:38 PM
Cool army. I love how you swapped out all the lame weapons for the original Viper rifles. I myself can't stand the weapons given to the Vipers or Alley Vipers. While I don't have extra original Viper rifles. I have found some very nice replacements.

skorponok
06-06-2004, 03:46 PM
Seeing those pics REALLY makes me wanna take a silver sharpie to those gold faceplates tongue.gif

james strickland
06-06-2004, 07:30 PM
very cool army man smile.gif

The Faceless Master
06-06-2004, 07:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by skorponok:
Seeing those pics REALLY makes me wanna take a silver sharpie to those gold faceplates tongue.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Either that or Chrome nail polish I found works really well, especially for custom moulded Viper Heads!!

Gemini Matrix
06-07-2004, 11:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by donsbabyboo:

Either that or Chrome nail polish I found works really well, especially for custom moulded Viper Heads!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hope your married or I would really be worried why you have chrome nail polish. ;) :D tongue.gif

The Faceless Master
06-07-2004, 07:52 PM
LOL!! Happily married with two kids who &lt;thank god&gt; dont mess with the terrordrome sitting in my living room... :D