What talking figures said this??? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : What talking figures said this???

Two_Fisted
05-30-2004, 07:53 AM
I remember years ago there being talking figures that said "hit the dirt" and "come on lets go" I have all of the Hasbro talking Joes and none of them say those things. Does anybody out there remember these figures??

SLG
05-30-2004, 07:59 AM
Hmm.. I have the 12" hall of fame talking Duke I think he said both of those things. I can't say for sure it's been a long time since he's said anything. :(

Two_Fisted
05-30-2004, 08:10 AM
I cant remember if they were 12" or the 3 3/4" figures. I vaguely remember them being on store pegs. I remember me and a friend of mine used to take them off of the pegs, set them on the shelves and prop other boxes against so they would hold the buttons down. We'd have 20 of those things all talking at the same time. Then we'd just leave the store. We were really bored.

CGC
02-16-2005, 06:54 PM
I remember years ago there being talking figures that said "hit the dirt" and "come on lets go" I have all of the Hasbro talking Joes and none of them say those things. Does anybody out there remember these figures??
Wasn't that Woody from Buzz Lightyear?
:D

Apochronox
02-16-2005, 07:09 PM
That movie was called Toy Story, BTW. :p

tdutton17
02-16-2005, 08:21 PM
I know it is not any of the '91 talking battle figures.

Lim
02-16-2005, 08:28 PM
There was a line of talking figures out around the same time as the talking Joe figures (maybe a year before?). I've been trying to think of what the name of the line was for a while now, but I had two of the figures, I know one was named Nitro and looked something like an orange Strato-Viper, and I think all the figures had the same accesories (talking back pack that said a phrase and a weapon sound, a belt strap thing for the backpack, a gun that looked a LOT like Deep Six's (v 2 & 3), a small bomb, a briefcase/toolkit). The figures were articulated like the T-crotch Joes, but were the same size as the regualr vintage figures, and had two screws in the back instead of one.

I can't remember the company either, but I know it wasn't Hasbro. I'd just look at the figures, but all I have left is Nitro's torso and the other guy's arm :(

ridetofight
02-16-2005, 09:22 PM
all i can remember about these guys is doing the same thing pressing down the buttons at kb toys "yessiryessiryessiryessiryessir", "hitthedirthitthedirthitthedirthitthedirt", "halt,whogoestherehalt,whogoestherehalt,whogoesther ehalt,whogoesthere"
oohhh good times

sinnister
02-17-2005, 03:37 PM
I think it was a 12" duke. I have one from somewhere...South America maybe I dont know. I havent seen him in quite awhile...he lives in his box somewhere in one of my closets. I think he says those two phrases though.

sinnister
02-17-2005, 03:47 PM
Found my 12" Hall of Fame Duke. From what I can tell the only thing that had sound was his rifle. I checked the figure itself and unless I'm missing something I didnt see any buttons. BTW...I think he is in a French box. Someone who knows French is this French? Temple De La Renommee?

vancleef9000
02-17-2005, 06:09 PM
ahh the talking figures, far and away my favorite is Stalker.

Blitzem! Let's Party!

Cesspool
02-17-2005, 06:21 PM
A friend and myself went in a TRU once and set the Woody room alarms on standby and went to the end of the isle and waited until some kid walked down and then had a load of Woodys shouting at him and he ran away screaming:eek: .

Boredom is a dangerous thing