McD promotion announced [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : McD promotion announced

Rapid Fire
06-07-2004, 07:04 AM
while i was at TFW2005 reading about the transformers press release i saw this:

G.I. JOE

Forty years ago, Hasbro revolutionized the way boys play by introducing G.I.
JOE, the world's first action figure. In 2004, kids embark with the G.I. JOE
team on another new and exciting adventure - VALOR VS. VENOM - which comes to
life like never before with the direct-to-video release of "G.I. JOE: VALOR VS.
VENOM," a new full-length feature packed with thrilling, non-stop action. The
movie is slated to be available on DVD and VHS in September from Paramount Home
Entertainment. One of the biggest marketing programs in the history of the G.I.
JOE brand will also support VALOR VS. VENOM with a McDonald's promotion and an
array of consumer products, including new publishing titles from Scholastic and
Devil's Due, which sold more than one million G.I. JOE comic books last year,
and camping and fishing gear from South Bend Sporting Goods.

you can real the whole release here: http://www.2005boards.com/showthread.php?t=48065&page=2&pp=15

just scan down

james strickland
06-07-2004, 07:39 AM
sound good just wonder how good of quality the joes will be in I just know that now mcdonalds toys are cheap and not worth buying a meal

ERIK
06-07-2004, 07:46 AM
I guess I could deal with heartburn for joe stuff :D

Deogg
06-07-2004, 07:56 AM
One word comes to mind:

SWEEEEET!!!!!

Jeff Bohn
06-07-2004, 08:01 AM
It's also going to involve the Trading Card Game, we had reported that back on March 16 based on news found here....
http://www.gamingreport.com/modules.php?op=modload&name= My_eGallery&file=index&do=showpic&gid=94&pid=951&orderby=dateD (http://www.gamingreport.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=My_eGallery&file=index&do=showpic&gid=94&pid=951&orderby=dateD)

But we were asked by Hasbro, as was GamingReport.com, to drop the information as they weren't totally ready to announce it yet. The removed bullet mentions the trading cards being inserted in Happy Meals.

[ June 07, 2004: Message edited by: Jeff Bohn ]

Deogg
06-07-2004, 08:13 AM
I hereby retract my previous statement about the promotion being sweet. If it's about the card game, it's gonna bite the big one.

Rapid Fire
06-07-2004, 08:23 AM
its being reported that the "press release" has been removed from Hasbro corporate website! hmmm, someone jumped the gun! and it may just be a figure with a exclusive card for the CCG!

on a side note im a HUGE HUGE CCG fan, i love MTG. so this is news to me and i love it! woo hoo!

[ June 07, 2004: Message edited by: Rapid Fire ]

Deogg
06-07-2004, 09:19 AM
Too bad Wizards of the Coast hasn't done much right since MTG LOL, hence why I'm not getting my hopes up about the Joe CCG.

Jeff Bohn
06-07-2004, 06:19 PM
Totally just throwing around ideas....

New Steel Brigade figure proto floating around...

Steel Brigade becoming a "Promotions Group"....

McDonald's Valor vs Venom Happy Meal Promotion coming soon...

How amazing would it be to get a Steel Brigade figure with a Happy Meal? I'm guessing it's too costly, but I don't know.

I'm just throwing around some things that we know seeing if we can find a fit. I really doubt that's what's happening, but who knows.

joeboy75
06-07-2004, 06:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jeff Bohn:
Totally just throwing around ideas....

New Steel Brigade figure proto floating around...

Steel Brigade becoming a "Promotions Group"....

McDonald's Valor vs Venom Happy Meal Promotion coming soon...

How amazing would it be to get a Steel Brigade figure with a Happy Meal? I'm guessing it's too costly, but I don't know.

I'm just throwing around some things that we know seeing if we can find a fit. I really doubt that's what's happening, but who knows.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If the Steel Brigade ends up coming out in a happy meal, there are some cats here that are going to gain ALOT of weight. That or some cities will be littered with a bunch of uneated cheese burgers.

Rapid Fire
06-07-2004, 06:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by joeboy75:

If the Steel Brigade ends up coming out in a happy meal, there are some cats here that are going to gain ALOT of weight. That or some cities will be littered with a bunch of uneated cheese burgers.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
lol, when BK had there pokemon toy craze goin on, my girlfriends mom wanted all the toys (like 100 or so) so we ate BK kids meals everyday for like 5 weeks! its was horable! i got so sick! and i havent ate BK since!

toy-nutz
06-07-2004, 06:50 PM
Oh man, do not even think that!! I thought it was bad with the Beanie Babies my wife had to have! I will be eating almost everymeal there!!

Michael Richards
Bulletman Big B
All Hail DOB!!

yo-man2
06-07-2004, 07:17 PM
official line up

1. wind up hiss 4 with chopping action
2. flying fang launcher
3. duke, movable head and shoulders, light up laser
4. cobra commander with cloth cape
5. talking destro
6. nija action snake eyes and ss

Jeff Bohn
06-07-2004, 07:30 PM
Official line up or random guesses? Please be more specific when you post.

Outback87
06-07-2004, 07:51 PM
So maybe we'll see Ronald McDonald and Hamburgler in camo?

Obiwanjacoby
06-07-2004, 08:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rapid Fire:

lol, when BK had there pokemon toy craze goin on, my girlfriends mom wanted all the toys (like 100 or so) so we ate BK kids meals everyday for like 5 weeks! its was horable! i got so sick! and i havent ate BK since!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL! YEAH BABY! High five! Been there, done THAT! Got the Meowth Beanie to prove it (almost killed my intestines to get it too)! :D :D :D

I feel your pain, RF!

-PJ

Jason W.
06-07-2004, 08:32 PM
Now I have an excuese to eat at McDonalds. I havent gone there in like 6 months, and I try to stay away as much as possible. But if it turns out there are real G.I. Joe toys im gonna be going there a lot.

Rapid Fire
06-08-2004, 10:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Obiwanjacoby:

LOL! YEAH BABY! High five! Been there, done THAT! Got the Meowth Beanie to prove it (almost killed my intestines to get it too)! :D :D :D

I feel your pain, RF!

-PJ<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
lol, i even got the 23k gold cards! yeah there worth alot! lol, the golds worth more! sad sad days those were! i traveled to 11 diffrent BK's man!

curmudgeon
06-08-2004, 11:22 AM
You guys remember when 7-11 had the GIJoe promotion with their slurpees? I remember you could get a bagged joe with a red-back filecard. I'm not positive, but I am pretty sure it was a Duke figure...The girls had a toy too, but I don't remember what it was...

Rapid Fire
06-08-2004, 01:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by curmudgeon:
You guys remember when 7-11 had the GIJoe promotion with their slurpees? I remember you could get a bagged joe with a red-back filecard. I'm not positive, but I am pretty sure it was a Duke figure...The girls had a toy too, but I don't remember what it was...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i havent seen a 7-11 since i was like 6 or 7! lol they became pretty scarce where im from!

Jason W.
06-08-2004, 01:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> i havent seen a 7-11 since i was like 6 or 7! lol they became pretty scarce where im from!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where I am there are about 4 in a 10 mile raidus.

Deogg
06-08-2004, 03:17 PM
Hey, I'm still lookin for the Charizard gold card!! LOL

Obiwanjacoby
06-08-2004, 06:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by curmudgeon:
You guys remember when 7-11 had the GIJoe promotion with their slurpees? I remember you could get a bagged joe with a red-back filecard.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I never heard of that!

-PJ

Rapid Fire
06-08-2004, 06:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Deogg:
Hey, I'm still lookin for the Charizard gold card!! LOL<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

where were ya 3 months ago! lol i had 3 sets! 2 in the red boxes (first issue) and one in the blue box (last issue)

Joeczar
06-09-2004, 11:09 PM
The Happy Meal toys will probably be things like:

1.Fatal Fluffy plush toy
2.Snake Eyes with real break dancing action
3.Red ninjas you stack to form the Arashikage Scorpion formation
4.Tiger Force Mirage
5.Dr. Mindbender's disappearing free will game

Biohazard
06-10-2004, 10:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by joeboy75:
If the Steel Brigade ends up coming out in a happy meal, there are some cats here that are going to gain ALOT of weight. That or some cities will be littered with a bunch of uneated cheese burgers.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hehe my son is gonna love eating chicken mc nuggets "hey son you know you wanna help daddy up his toy collection!" :D

Rapid Fire
06-11-2004, 06:25 AM
i just remembered, if history holds true, we will also get COUPONS for joe merchandise! woo hoo! in the past TF toys have included $2 off deluxe size toys! so thats also good news!i just hope they dont blow it! when they did the TF Armada toy promo, everyone hoped they had minicons in the happymeals, when we saw the toys it was like :rolleyes: and they were crappy!