Is Fort America cool? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Is Fort America cool?

detroscastle
05-24-2004, 01:34 AM
No it doesn't make sounds.I think what era of small joes your into makes a difference.I think it's really cool as a base not so much as vehicle.Also a small base to ad to a larger collection,it's not bad.Plus it's cheap.As a main base for your joes it's not that great.

Druss
05-24-2004, 04:46 AM
I wouldn't pay $20 for it though, I think you can find them a lot cheaper than that.

Dead-Eye
05-24-2004, 05:16 AM
There's one on eBay I thought of getting for $16 + shipping. But there doesn't seem to be much to the vehicle. Maybe it would make a good outpost setting right next to Check Point Alpha?

gunless
05-24-2004, 05:34 AM
It does make sounds and it is not at all cool.

KtownJoes
05-24-2004, 06:55 AM
I think you should collect what you like. What one thinks is cool, someone else will think is junk. I have a Fort America that i will use pieces from when I make my Joes base.

gunless
05-24-2004, 06:57 AM
good point ktown. I actually think I have one of these that you can have cheap dead-eye

Dead-Eye
05-24-2004, 08:59 AM
Let me know if you do, as soon as you can.

james strickland
05-24-2004, 10:04 AM
I think it proble a lot cooler than most of the vehicles made at that time.

Darko
05-24-2004, 11:23 AM
If anyone wants one, I have one that's in great condition, working, and just missing two missiles (one firing one and one non-firing one) that I would trade for some Terrordrome parts.

Chuplayer
05-24-2004, 11:28 AM
I thought it was awesome when I was a kid. I still think the concept is pretty cool, but I wouldn't be able to tell you how cool it is now that I'm older. I haven't seen it in a long time. It's still up in the attic, as a matter of fact.

redviper
05-24-2004, 11:36 AM
DARKO..YOU HAVE MAIL DUDE....ALSO A PM TOO..

Dead-Eye
05-24-2004, 12:45 PM
Well? Was thinking of buying one, but I don't know anything about it. Do know that it makes sounds. I hate that. Is it a good addition and worth $20 or so? Can it be "fixed" to look like it should?

Jason W.
05-24-2004, 01:40 PM
The Fort America is one of those things that either you love or you hate. I didnt really go out of my way to get it, but I got it in a lot. It pretty cool, but I dont think i'd spend $20 on it, because if you wait for the right time, you can get one much cheaper. it is one of the better vehicles though.

Gemini Matrix
05-24-2004, 02:33 PM
When ever I got my Fort America. I just wasn't really impressed with it. I might use it as an addition as some of the other posters have mentioned tho.

Dead-Eye
05-24-2004, 03:46 PM
I'm not really impressed with the General either. Seems the first HQ and the MCC are the only cool bases. Even the Mobile Battle Bunker isn't that good.

Fireflyanon
05-24-2004, 05:22 PM
If you fold it open it sucks. It's only value to me is as a mortar carrier. In that role it is rather decent. You could use the insert it comes with or rip that out and use the Forward observer mortar.

curmudgeon
05-24-2004, 05:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> Even the Mobile Battle Bunker isn't that good. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah, I loved the MBB. I still crack up when I think about issue 109 of the comic where they are dropped from low orbit and Wild Card breaks off the handle from the chute...it left on kind of a cliffhanger, because I believe that was the story arc where Joes were dying left and right. Anyhow, it was a neat toy to me, because it was built solid, nicely armed and was good ol' green in color.

[ May 24, 2004: Message edited by: curmudgeon ]

Gemini Matrix
05-25-2004, 05:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by curmudgeon:

Ah, I loved the MBB. I still crack up when I think about issue 109 of the comic where they are dropped from low orbit and Wild Card breaks off the handle from the chute...it left on kind of a cliffhanger, because I believe that was the story arc where Joes were dying left and right. Anyhow, it was a neat toy to me, because it was built solid, nicely armed and was good ol' green in color.

[ May 24, 2004: Message edited by: curmudgeon ]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree. Definite favorite for the time.