chinese storm shadow for auction [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : chinese storm shadow for auction

Bison25
06-08-2004, 05:44 PM
this came up a few weeks ago and the one guy had a carded version, they seem to be super rare, i was just browsing the storm shadow's on ebay and saw this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2467&item=5902882754&rd=1

i thought some of the true collectors on here might like to be made aware of this auction because i'm 99% sure thats the chinese version which you see once in a great while, because of two things, the one and only difference that was very vague to begin with was the chinese figure had a strange like very pinkish skin tone, and this one has the skin tone, also would stand to reason because the guy selling it is in hong kong, its probably worth more then the $50 to a true collector who knows what it is, but i myself am going to pass on it since i've spent enough money on this stuff as of late

diamondblackfan
06-08-2004, 09:17 PM
He...he... I am the person who showed my carded Storm Shadow a couple weeks ago.

[...according to my opened Chinese Snake Eyes...unlike the US version, the seat of his pants say "Made in China" instead of "Made in Hong Kong"...] I believe that if the seat of Storm Shadow's pants say "Made In China" instead of "Made in Hong Kong", then it is the Chinese version.

:D

Arashikage_Tengu
06-08-2004, 09:33 PM
Storm Shadow is Japanese, not Chinese. If he was Chinese then he couldn't be a Ninja. He would have to be a Lin Kuei.

Sephiroth
06-08-2004, 10:14 PM
Thanks for the heads up Bison! I went ahead and purchased this Storm Shadow. I think it's a great deal regardless if it's a Chinese version or not, but I'll let you guys know if it is for sure. It does look to be Chinese from the skin tone on the face and arms, but then again it may just be the lighting in the pic.

bison25
06-09-2004, 08:55 AM
np seph, i'm glad it got into the hands of someone who knows what it is, considering you really never see those chinese versions, yeah let us know how it is when you get it, as far as Arashikage_Tengu - i think you are a bit confused bud.

Arashikage_Tengu
06-09-2004, 01:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bison:
as far as Arashikage_Tengu - i think you are a bit confused bud.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Alas, once again, my sense of humor is lost on the members of this board. Yes, I know that when they say, "Chinese Storm Shadow" that they are referring to where the toy was made. Not what nationality the character of Tommy Arashikage belongs to. Oh well, I'll just have to keep trying, though.