12 inch Bazooka Figure [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : 12 inch Bazooka Figure

JMPEEZ
05-31-2004, 10:07 PM
Sorry if this is a question that has been answered before but what happend to the proposed 12 inch Bazooka figure that loooked like the old school version? It has not reached store shelves yet. It was supposed to be a Kay-Bee exclusive but has vanished. Any info? Thanks! Great site!!! Glad I found it!!!!!!

curmudgeon
05-31-2004, 10:40 PM
It was revealed in the Master collector newsletter that the 12" line of the Real American Hero Joes is being cancelled, so ol' Bazooka will not be coming out. I could be mistaken, but I remember reading this...

Alkie Ewok
06-01-2004, 04:16 AM
I hope he still does come out, esp. since the new sculpt 3 3/4" figure won't be using the football jersey look of the original figure. And b/c the pickup line "hey wanna come by my place and check out my 12" bazooka" could be used :D

Serpentor's Bodyguard
06-01-2004, 06:27 AM
wait joe vs. cobra 12" cancelled?

what about the new destro and CC?

curmudgeon
06-01-2004, 06:36 AM
Maybe someone with a better memory can confirm this, but I'm almost positive the 12" line based on the 3 3/4" figures was getting the axe.

YoJoeNCSU
06-01-2004, 10:15 AM
That sucks, I really like the 12 inch versions of characters, except when they cheap out and just mold the clothes onto them. But overall I really enjoyed getting the larger versions of some of the classic (and newer) characters. I was looking forward to the Bazooka and Destro. Hope they make it out.

Jeff Bohn
06-01-2004, 10:21 AM
Destro is already out.
http://www.yojoe.com/12inch/04/destro.shtml

From the MasterCollector newsletter for June, it said that all future 12" VvsV figures have been cancelled. They also said the 12" Venomous Maximus talking/yelling/face moving figure was cancelled, but the Duke figure remains on the schedule. Also the 12" Snake Eyes on bike has been moved to a store exclusive. So, if store exclusives are still on tap, maybe we'll still get Bazooka and Dr. Mindbender.

(12 inch Snake Eyes on bike work-in-progress picture is available at SteelBrigade.com under 12" figures)

[ June 01, 2004: Message edited by: Jeff Bohn ]

Arashikage Storm
06-01-2004, 01:20 PM
I was told that they are all ready to ship, and they are just waiting for KB to pay Hasbro for them. I got a prototype of Bazooka, and even in proto form, he still looks great!!!!

JMPEEZ
06-02-2004, 03:02 PM
I hope they come out soon then! :D :D :D