How rare is the night boomer? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : How rare is the night boomer?

curmudgeon
06-02-2004, 07:05 AM
And is it sought after? Is it one of the more difficult to find night force vehicles?

dockingbay97
06-02-2004, 07:33 AM
It is one of the hardest three Night Force vehicles and one of the hardest of the regular US run of toys. (foreign & convention vehicles excluded)

Besides the fact it is really cool looking. I mean it is a black F-14. (OK, I know it has neon missiles but it is still cool)

Expect to pay at least $125-150 for a loose, mint, complete one.

I know it would take at least $150 to pry mine out of my cold dead hands and even then that is probably not enough.

[ June 02, 2004: Message edited by: dockingbay97 ]

dockingbay97
06-02-2004, 07:36 AM
This is too much IMO http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5901568964

and this was a great deal http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2467&item=5900479937&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

curmudgeon
06-02-2004, 07:55 AM
I have a mint one with everything but the parachutes that I just recently found out in my garage. I had got it in a massive lot I picked up as a kid in a virgina swap meet. I had completely forgotten that I had it. I also have the sharc, persuader and whale, all mint complete or nearly so. Makes me happy to hear it's rare though, although I'd never get rid of it. I'm gonna have to look up more on the night force vehicles, like how many of them there are and which ones are the rarest.

dockingbay97
06-02-2004, 08:03 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by curmudgeon:
I have a mint one with everything but the parachutes that I just recently found out in my garage. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are in luck - it came with no parachutes

dockingbay97
06-02-2004, 08:05 AM
The other two tough NF vehicles that are in demand are

Night Ray (hydrofoil)
Night Striker (hovercraft)

curmudgeon
06-02-2004, 09:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> You are in luck - it came with no parachutes <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very cool.

I don't have the hydrofoil unfortunately. The whale is complete, but the parts are scattered all over my garage and will take forever to find. Also, some of the stickers are in poor shape. Oh well. I imagine it would be pretty difficult to find spare parts for the night force stuff.

I need to pick up some night force figures and put this stuff on display. I really want the crazy legs figure, and the lightfoot one. The only figure I have now is outback. The nightforce subset was really cool; unlike the bright tiger force colors, the black actually made sense in the military.

EOMFD
06-02-2004, 09:20 AM
If your looking for one and don't want to play the Ebay game, I would suggest send Curtis from www.gijoehq.com (http://www.gijoehq.com) an email telling him what your looking for. He found me one with box and unapplied stickers.

[ June 02, 2004: Message edited by: EOMFD ]

[ June 02, 2004: Message edited by: EOMFD ]

red25thta
06-02-2004, 10:32 AM
I bought mine for $20. No picture and he had it listed as an F-14 Gi Joe Airplane. Nearly complete. When the auction ended someone I guess had asked him what color it was and he said black because before I even got it the guy offered me $100. I guess I need to complete it sometime.

Darko
06-02-2004, 10:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>The other two tough NF vehicles that are in demand are
Night Ray (hydrofoil)
Night Striker (hovercraft)
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

is the Striker THAT hard to find? I mean, in my endless quest for Night Ray parts I almost always find Night Striker parts, shells, what-have-you. Aside from the Shade, I'd actually say it's the Night Force vehicle I've seen the most of.

starrcommand
06-02-2004, 11:04 AM
Darko,
You find me a night striker body and parts and I'll buy them. I know there not impossible to find however they are HTF at a reasonable price.

Gemini Matrix
06-02-2004, 02:07 PM
I didn't find it very difficult to find. Tho it's been awhile since I have looked.

FireFox91
06-02-2004, 03:21 PM
Or you could just paint yourself one...
http://www.geocities.com/firefox91/skystriker2.html

:D

red25thta
06-02-2004, 03:55 PM
FireFox, Thats Sweet! Now i wish I had kept all mine to due custom's. Was teh Tail Sticker off your puter?

[ June 02, 2004: Message edited by: red25thta ]

Darko
06-02-2004, 08:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by starrcommand:
Darko,
You find me a night striker body and parts and I'll buy them. I know there not impossible to find however they are HTF at a reasonable price.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
None up right now, but this one went for a pretty good price (even taking into account the missing pieces and damage)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2467&item=3193060965&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

kHAoS
06-03-2004, 12:14 PM
The Night Boomer is fairly rare and pretty popular. The item is already based off the always popular Skystriker mold and add the fact that the Night Boomer was not that bad of a repaint and you get an expensive toy to buy. Bigger items are always going to be more sought after by collectors anyways, it would seem. Personally, I rarely see complete ones go for less than $100 and as long as Joe is popular, I don't see that price dropping. Had I known that Night Boomer would go for less than $100 on eBay, I would've sniped it. I looked over that auction til the last day and figured some fools would have to get into a bidding war with a price that low going into the last 12 hrs.

While I'd like one, I'm not in a rush to get one cause of space concerns. Plus, there are still other items that I'm more eager to get...