New AVAC??? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : New AVAC???

Gemini Matrix
05-25-2004, 06:15 AM
Check out Nomad's post over at Joesightings. It's for the BTR line no less.

New AVAC and more (http://www.joesightings.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=001837#000003)

Snow
05-25-2004, 06:18 AM
The proto looks like it is on Ebay:
AVAC? (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2467&item=5900679589&rd=1)

Michael

sox fan
05-25-2004, 06:19 AM
I just saw it on ebay. I hate BTR. Maybe a new firebat too? Or am I getting my hopes up

redviper
05-25-2004, 06:37 AM
IT LOOK'S TO SKINNY...BUT IT'S NICE..I WAS EXPECTING SOMETHING MORE COOL..BUT IT'S OK WITH ME...LOOK'S NICE..HE JUST NEED SOME MUSCLES..I GUESS...

dockingbay97
05-25-2004, 06:45 AM
While I would love that figure - I am not 100% convinced we are going to get anymore BTR after what appears to be a poor showing for the first wave.

Recondo76
05-25-2004, 06:54 AM
again i say...why are all the good figures vehicle drivers and BTR...that figure would be awesome if it weren't for those damned Lego pegs...
are we going to get re-tooled molds for these at some point, Gemini?

notpicard
05-25-2004, 09:17 AM
I doubt that we will see releases of all of the BTR figures into the regular line.

This AVAC is made up of re-used parts (sort of). The head is the original and the rest of the body appears to be from the upcoming BTR Shadow Viper. AVAC is set to be included with a large BTR playset (as opposed to the small BTR playset). This info was mentioned elsewhere a bit ago.

But won't he look great in the BTR Raven? It is small and red. That's good enough for me.

Looking at the mold for BTR Duke, I have to believe that the legs/waist were originally created for Alpine rather than the other way around. So I am wondering how many of the BTR figures are actually made of a mix of upcoming parts. I think we will eventually see all of the parts used, but not necessarily used as the characters we have seen in the BTR line.

For me, I think that is cool. I'd rather get something creative like AVAC or BTR Duke than get just repaints like BTR Wet-Suit, Moray, or Barrel Roll.

Gemini Matrix
05-26-2004, 03:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Recondo76:
again i say...why are all the good figures vehicle drivers and BTR...that figure would be awesome if it weren't for those damned Lego pegs...
are we going to get re-tooled molds for these at some point, Gemini?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

From what I have heard at some point all the BTR stuff will get redone without the lego pegs.

[ May 26, 2004: Message edited by: Gemini Matrix ]

CobraLaLaLarry
05-26-2004, 03:35 PM
I hope that's the case, some of those figures are so cool. What a great Firefly.

Rapid Fire
05-26-2004, 04:25 PM
&lt;----BTR Junkie

im starting to like the idea of making custom vehicles with thease things! and the figures are cool cause you can add parts to them!

Rapid Fire
05-26-2004, 04:37 PM
i have a question, we all know that Transformer BTR line failed, Tonka did OK, but how did GIJOE do? i see them on clearance all over! did they sell good before that? and if so, what retailer will carry them?

Jason W.
05-26-2004, 05:48 PM
Whats the deal with the HQ that the firebat comes with. I hadnt heard anything about that. Does anyone have links to some pictures of the BTR HQ?

Gemini Matrix
05-26-2004, 07:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rapid Fire:
i have a question, we all know that Transformer BTR line failed, Tonka did OK, but how did GIJOE do? i see them on clearance all over! did they sell good before that? and if so, what retailer will carry them?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I heard Hasbro but the GIjoe BTR on hiatus for a year. To improve it. I'm kinda worried what retailer might do as well to this situation.

AVAC
05-26-2004, 09:45 PM
Extremely disappointed in the figure. I wish they would have used the original design and not the new stuff :( He looks horrible.

joeboy75
05-26-2004, 10:25 PM
I don't think it's that bad compared to some of the crap that's been released. I kind of like this fig. But what's with the skinny little neck?

Xerofall
05-27-2004, 05:22 AM
To me trying to combine GI Joe and a LEGO type system wouldn't do well.

Legos were stuff I had BEFORE I got into GI Joe.

They are like baby toys to me when I think of LEGOs.

It's like trying to combine GI Joes with a big Tonka toy... they just don't mix.