good bye all [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : good bye all

bucketoftoys
06-09-2004, 04:28 AM
bucketoftoys

Posted: 06/08/04 14:33 Post subject: PULLING AWAY FOR JOE FOR THE TIME BEING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

at this time the **** haves hit the fan! over in bucketland!
i will be too busy to deal with joes or any thing else then the
bare facts of my life at this time. (hell i mite be selling my whole collection
soon!!!!! ) so any pending deals are off as of right now!
tek and battle bunker you will!! get your stuff asap! but after that its over as of NOW!!!! in 30 day or so i will probaly have no joe any more!!!!!!!
thanks to all the great folks here for erery thing! goddesses bless you all!

Hama-Eggs
06-09-2004, 05:13 AM
I don't know whats up in your personal life. And I don't want to pry. But I do want to stress this one thing.

If you love joe's, have worked hard and spent alot of time with this passion of yours. No matter what, you WILL come back. It might be months or years, but if you love joes, you will be back.

So with that in mind, be aware that if you sell off your collection, you will have to replace it all later on. Box them up, put them away, storage - attic - whereever.

Do everything you can to not sell them, even if you need the money. If you can. You will be much happier down the road if you manage to save your hard earned collection. At worst, if you have to sell, save the near and dear ones.

Whatever is happening in your life, I hope it works out for the best. Don't get down, there IS a light at the end of EVERY tunnel.
Belive me I know, I almost lost my house.

code red shockwave
06-09-2004, 05:43 AM
I wish you good luck, and I hope you will come back sometime soon. You're always welcome here, and from one fellow Chicagoian to another, cheers! *gets out a glass of milk like Kurt Angle did a few years ago, holds it up, then drinks it* :D

UCJoe
06-09-2004, 06:53 AM
Hama is right. Keep your collection. If anything, keep your core set of Joes, or the Joes that mean alot to you.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hama-Eggs:
I don't know whats up in your personal life. And I don't want to pry. But I do want to stress this one thing.

If you love joe's, have worked hard and spent alot of time with this passion of yours. No matter what, you WILL come back. It might be months or years, but if you love joes, you will be back.

So with that in mind, be aware that if you sell off your collection, you will have to replace it all later on. Box them up, put them away, storage - attic - whereever.

Do everything you can to not sell them, even if you need the money. If you can. You will be much happier down the road if you manage to save your hard earned collection. At worst, if you have to sell, save the near and dear ones.

Whatever is happening in your life, I hope it works out for the best. Don't get down, there IS a light at the end of EVERY tunnel.
Belive me I know, I almost lost my house.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

bison25
06-09-2004, 09:01 AM
yeah its wierd hamma, its like when you have that real passion for atleast certain ones, its like even if you sell them down the road you are always looking to get them back...it sounds wierd to use the word passion but when you think about it, its hard to explain and i probably have no way of explaining it, except for that afa 90 firefly that is on ebay right now that has the possibilty of selling for over $5,000+ it just goes to show you there is something deep there for people to spend this much, might not be able to explain it but its there

Darko
06-09-2004, 10:17 AM
Really hope things start going better for you! Good luck!

Blayloxzuess
06-09-2004, 10:25 AM
Good Luck fellow Chi-Town Brother!
If there is any way around it, Don't sell all your Joes! :cool:

themoney75
06-09-2004, 02:24 PM
sad to see a yo joe member leave. take care of your self.everything happens for a reason everything.

tommysalo
06-09-2004, 03:46 PM
I know what it feels like to be between a rock and a hard place, I hope things look up for you soon. In the past, I've had to sell off a few things now and then to keep my head above water. I can remember having to dump a Gibson SG guitar that I paid over 2000$ for so I could pay rent and eat. I've also just finished getting rid of all my sports cards and about 10% value just so I could pay tuition and still pick up the odd Joe now and then. Up next, my Magic the Gathering collection, but that won't be for anouther few months yet. I wouldn't feel to bad about selling yoru Joe's, when thing look better for you you can buy them all back along with hundreds more. Just keep that in mind, things will get better.

thorn
06-09-2004, 03:56 PM
yeah, what everyone else said-
hang tough and try to keep at least a few joes,
you'll be glad you did.

blackthunder
06-09-2004, 05:21 PM
good luck to you ... ;)

CobraGang
06-11-2004, 07:20 AM
SELL!! SELL!! SELL!! :eek:

Sell them all off quick before no one wants Joes anymore!! :D

Snow
06-11-2004, 07:26 AM
Good Luck!

red25thta
06-11-2004, 11:47 AM
I agree. Keep your Fav's or those that are hard to find. I kick myself for selling all mine years ago. 200+ figures and nearly every Veh. from the start to 89. Oh well live and learn. Took me 8 years but I came back. Same thing with BBS game called BRE. 5 years later I am back to playing it.