Cobra stickers on Patriot Grizzly Tank???? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Cobra stickers on Patriot Grizzly Tank????

Frezeboogz
06-16-2004, 10:00 PM
Hey, I just got a Patriot Grizzly Tank and I noticed, Six small cobra insignias on the left side of the tank right below the machine gun. Whats that all about. Look closely at this picture from yojoe
http://yojoe.com/vehicles/03/patriotgrizzly/left.shtml

-Thanks

red25thta
06-16-2004, 11:00 PM
Those are Kill's bro. Just like Fighter Pilot's in WWII. A little Jap (I was born there so I CAN say JAP!) or German flag for American Pilot's.

Check out this site and go down a few pic's.
All those meatballs or Rising Sun's are kill confirmed. He went on to have 40 confirmed kill's before being transfered back to the States. Probably had a lot more than that but Pilot's in the Pac did not get as many confirmed kill's as those in Germany because the Pacific swallowed up a lot of downed Jap Planes.

Frezeboogz
06-16-2004, 11:04 PM
i figured it was probably that,just didnt want to assume.

Thanks

thorn
06-16-2004, 11:53 PM
yeah i thought it was a pretty cool realism detail- some other joe vehicles have similar stickers i think-
lemme go check my planes-
yeah i thought so- the sky striker has kill makrs , but just slashes, no signs.
anybody know any others?

Nomad
06-17-2004, 06:43 AM
The Dragonfly has some...

Sgt. Moody
06-17-2004, 08:51 AM
I think every cobra symbol means thats one cobra vehicle or person or something it killed.....

yo-man2
06-17-2004, 10:16 AM
this eluded me in younger days...thus these sticker were never applied

red25thta
06-17-2004, 10:57 AM
Usually it would mean a vehical. I doubt they would mark people killed. Usually Snipers do that, sometimes on their guns, or more often in there books.

thorn
06-17-2004, 02:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> this eluded me in younger days...thus these sticker were never applied <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

wow guys i cant believe so many people didnt realize what those were about.
i guess you all missed all those old movies with pilots sticking the nazi symbols on their planes as they shot em down-
its a real old tradition.

i cant find the ones on my dragonfly- where are they?

hehe there was even the(iron maiden) Eddie on Aces High EP
where he was a pilot, dead old eddies on the side of the cockpit crossed out...

Taichiro
11-15-2005, 04:36 AM
I can't believe this is such a hard concept for people to grasp....

I don't have ANY family in the military, and all it took, was for me to ask my dad why there were six cobra logos on my Conquest X-30, back in 86, to know the answer......

of course, I did live in Virginia Beach, and saw 'real' GI Joes every day....as well as machinery and weapons, but alas.....

samluvsjoes
11-15-2005, 10:37 AM
For whatever reason I always assumed that these stickers were for that reason. I don't remember anyone ever telling me, but my dad probably did when I was a little squirt.
Sam