Elbow crack prone figures [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Elbow crack prone figures

Tim F.
06-02-2004, 03:44 PM
Is it me or are there certain figures that always seem to have an elbow crack. I have noticed several figures that I have had at least 5 or more duplicates but each and every one had an elbow crack or two. Here's my list:

Stardsuter vC
TF skystriker
Rumbler
charbroil
Ambush
Hit n run

Anyone else notice this or am I just unlucky? Any others to add to the list??

ImaWalkingCorpse
06-02-2004, 03:51 PM
I have had problems with the python patrol figures (80's release), espcially the officers everyone I have ever had has had the strain makrs or the cracks. Chris

crimson tide
06-02-2004, 03:59 PM
You can add the following to that:

V1 Rock Viper
V3 Gung Ho
Keel Haul

This all I can think of off hand. :(

joeboy75
06-02-2004, 04:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ImaWalkingCorpse:
I have had problems with the python patrol figures (80's release), espcially the officers everyone I have ever had has had the strain makrs or the cracks. Chris<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've seen ton's of PP Vipers with cracks. I have a friend who collects them and he's got around 10 of them and every one has at least one cracked elbow.

danyanda
06-02-2004, 06:19 PM

Storm Shadow, Wild Weasel, Roadblock, Recondo, Spirit, Cutter

I have yet to see a Deep Six with a cracked elbow, though, so the did something right there

:D

thorn
06-02-2004, 06:33 PM
yep- python patrol trooper cracked here.
also tiger force frostbite is prne, that lame brown plastic

diamondblackfan
06-02-2004, 06:46 PM
Off the top of my head:

Alley Viper
HEAT Viper

Propadeutic
06-02-2004, 06:58 PM
All my cracked elbows are in 1984-85, with the exception of Skystriker.

The results may be skewed, though, since I stopped playing with the Joes around 1990 and never bought any figures that I knew had cracked elbows.

code red shockwave
06-02-2004, 07:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by joeboy75:

I've seen ton's of PP Vipers with cracks. I have a friend who collects them and he's got around 10 of them and every one has at least one cracked elbow.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's not true with my PP Viper. He doesn't have any cracks at all.

ChrisNeal
06-02-2004, 08:44 PM
Really any and all subsets with the exception of Night Force and BF2k.

Tiger Force
Python Patrol
Slaughters Maruaders

All 3 of those sets crack pretty bad, due to sub-par plastic, notice they are really pron to broken thumbs also (SM especially)

Also:
V1 Vipers
Starduster (all versions)
Ninja Vipers

Lucid Enigma
06-02-2004, 08:45 PM
I tend to think elbow cracks may just be luck of the draw, unless we are talking about early figures (up through 84 or 85), which always seemed more brittle to me. (at least judging by their thumbs)

My Charbroil, Ambush, and Hit & Run are fine, as are my two Python Patrol Vipers, but my Salvo and AVAC have elbow cracks.

I would like to see a larger sample size to get a more accurate idea of what figures are more prone to cracks. So, everybody: SHOW US YOUR CRACKS!!!

Hmmmm... that didn't sound right.

How about "Keep posting your cracked figures!"

Mark O'

ImaWalkingCorpse
06-02-2004, 08:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by joeboy75:

I've seen ton's of PP Vipers with cracks. I have a friend who collects them and he's got around 10 of them and every one has at least one cracked elbow.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am glad I am not alone..

stad
06-02-2004, 10:32 PM
Not exactly the same here, but I have seen and heard an abnormally high amount of broken crotches on BeachHead. I have probably 9-10 of these, and all but one or two are broken. I have also heard others on this board complain about that and a lot of the ones I see on eBay have the same problem. Just seems odd that it seems like that figure more than others suffer from this problem.

Biohazard
06-03-2004, 12:13 AM
V1 Beachhead (crotches i got 6 and 5 broke crotches)
V1 Dusty
V2 Deep Six
V1 Alley Viper
V1 Quick Kick
V1 Topside
V1 Downtown
V1 Budo
V1 TF Lifeline
V1 TF Skystriker
V1 Bazooka
V1 Freefall
V1 Fastdraw
V1 Charbroil
and the list goes on and on. i dunno why they break cause that budo i have sat on my desk for years untouched

Darko
06-03-2004, 12:23 AM
PP Crimson Guards crack like peanut brittle.

Serpentor (v1) cracks on the shoulders (I think it has something to do with the snake shoulder pads scraping against them).

kHAoS
06-03-2004, 12:58 AM
I'm pretty sure everyone has had different experiences with cracked elbows. Personally, Tiger Force, Python Patrol, andd Slaughter's Marauders own me for free when it comes to cracked elbows. While my stuff from childhood is still pretty mint, I've run into stuff here-and-there with this problem. Stuff from '88 and '89 have also given me problems. Even out of the package, they are prone to cracking or stressing. And it kills me, cause sellers on eBay don't really add this in their item descriptions.

The figures off the top of my head that present this problem is TF Flint and NF Tunnel-Rat, which I've decided to army-build for some reason, cause everytime I see them cheap, I gotta snag them...

tommysalo
06-03-2004, 09:37 AM
I have a beautiful fully mint complete Tiger Force Skystriker....execpt of course the crack in his left elbow. I haven't looked that hard, but every single Skystricker that I have come across has had a cracked elbow. I've had a lot of trouble with the rest of the TF figures as well. V2 Stormshadow seems to be troublesome also

yo-man2
06-03-2004, 10:11 AM
version 2 sci fi.........a have 8 6 have cracked elbows.