eBay pick of the day [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : eBay pick of the day

Bison25
06-17-2004, 09:41 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2467&item=5904817434&rd=1

if you can get that for $500 thats like 18 bucks a figure for moc figures, i see iron grenadier, some vipers, shockwave and tiger force figures and other good ones in there too, might be a good one.

yo-man2
06-17-2004, 10:13 AM
check out this link...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2467&item=5904850180&rd=1

the havoc tank treads... are they the front ones that i need or the rear that i don't need?

any help would be greatly appreciated

code red shockwave
06-17-2004, 10:20 AM
Well, I think that looks like a good deal, but then again, I don't collect anything MOC. I always collect figures loose.

On a side note, yo-man2, I tried sending you a PM again because my PMs are getting eaten by the board too often.

jabba the drunk
06-17-2004, 02:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bison:
if you can get that for $500 thats like 18 bucks a figure for moc figures, i see iron grenadier, some vipers, shockwave and tiger force figures and other good ones in there too, might be a good one.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi, Bison.

I'm not sure if you are aware or not, but it's generally considered somewhat poor messageboard behavior to "out" an Ebay auction to a concentrated group of item collectors/buyers. Ebay is a main source for many of the toy collectors here. One of the coolest things about Ebay is the ability to make some great discoveries and finds, with auctions that somehow manage to "fly under the radar" of other likeminded collectors.

"Auction Outing" had kicked-up a maelstrom on vintage Star Wars collecting boards. It's definitely a "no no" amongst that collecting group now.

Linking to auctions is fine, after the auction has run it's course.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time or anything. I'm sure you understand, and just weren't aware. smile.gif

-Peter

[ June 17, 2004: Message edited by: jabba the drunk ]

thorn
06-17-2004, 02:30 PM
man i think that is pretty lame.
people use all kinds of tricks to snipe people, so be it.
linking us up to that auction really should benefit the seller.
your "no outing" philosophy is great for people who want to be able to find that sad ebayer who messed up and is gonna get totally lowballed, but really man , that is weak.
if i get outbid by a fellow joer for something, that is life.
i really can't believe you are calling freee advertising bad form.
i love getting that sick deal every once in a
while, and i dont post links to auctions i dont want to get outbid on, but how could i be mad if someone else did?
ESpecially when the items are a SWEET nearly FULL collection like the one in this thread-
we WANT to KNOW!
MAN- why dont you just tell jeff to Nix the whole "For Auction" forum?
geez.

thorn
06-17-2004, 02:33 PM
ps where have you been? this is the second thread of this nature THIS WEEK let alone month or year.

bison25
06-17-2004, 02:35 PM
i wish i knew what was being said here, because i honestly have no idea, my guess is that once again i'm in a situation on the internet where other people are into this very seriously and its just a little side toy thing for me to play with totally taken non seriously, if i'm not allowed to post auctions thats no problem, i just figured it was something fun to talk about or even help some people find some good deals, like the one dude i helped out last week, there was a rare chinese storm shadow up for auction and i posted it thinking someone here would have interest and he thanked me and snatched it up right away...i wont post auctions anymore, but i may as well been reading german because i cant figure what any of that meant, was thorn talking against me or for me lol?

frenchy
06-17-2004, 03:08 PM
Thorn is for you. Jabba is just saying that some people don't appreciate linking to auctions before its over because that will make the price go up. I say it's toys and DO WHAT YOU WANT.

Blayloxzuess
06-17-2004, 03:23 PM
Bison... Don't worry about it. I don't know the rules all that well, but I think it's allright if you post that link. As far as "Poor messageboard behavior", I think that comment is just silly tongue.gif We're all friends here & if you find something cool like that to share with the group, more power to you :D

jabba the drunk
06-17-2004, 04:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bison:
i wish i knew what was being said here, because i honestly have no idea, my guess is that once again i'm in a situation on the internet where other people are into this very seriously and its just a little side toy thing for me to play with totally taken non seriously, if i'm not allowed to post auctions thats no problem, i just figured it was something fun to talk about or even help some people find some good deals, like the one dude i helped out last week, there was a rare chinese storm shadow up for auction and i posted it thinking someone here would have interest and he thanked me and snatched it up right away...i wont post auctions anymore, but i may as well been reading german because i cant figure what any of that meant, was thorn talking against me or for me lol?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bison, please don't think it's against any Yojoe rules to post links to other's auctions. As far as I'm aware, it's not ruled out.

It's a matter of collectors helping collectors really. You never know which one's of us might have been bidding on this (or any other) auction. Posting a link on a specific collector's forum like this one...will certainly raise interest and/or price of an auction item. Totally great for the seller, bad for the collector.

Someone mentioned that we are all friends and that is a very good point! It's in this vein of support for fellow collectors that auctions shouldn't be "outed", IMO. Even if I personally have no interest in a particular "outed" auction, I still love seeing great items go for great deals to collectors.

Yes, of course Ebay is a vast public site. I'm sure thousands view Gijoe auctions daily. But my contention is the futher advertising of auctions to a collector's board, only raises prices for collectors.

Many agree with this position, and many do not (as illustrated above). Points on both sides have merit. Perhaps, at this point it's the evolution of what at this point is a relatively "new" hobby: Gijoe 3 3/4" collecting & it's attraction/pursuit through the internet.

By the way, great post so far! Let's get some more and discuss this.

-Peter

AMulls
06-17-2004, 04:43 PM
Tough one here. While in some respects I certainly agree with Jabba, I also feel that if someone is looking for something, they are going to be aware of it on eBay, and if they aren't then what difference does it make if a link is posted? As Jabba said, there are two sides and decent arguments for both sides. If I were bidding on that auction, would I be upset that it was now in the open and my chances of getting a sweet deal were reduced? Absolutely. Does it cause a serious problem? Probably not, since it likely won't go much higher than what it should go for. So at worst, the buyer has to pay market price, and at best he gets a sweet deal. Either way, if someone really wants it, it's going to be his (or hers). So while it may be frowned upon by some, especially the current high bidder, it is certainly not a huge deal.

I do understand the concern about what happened with the Star Wars folks, but I like to think that Joe collectors are a bit less serious in general, so hopefully this kind of behavior won't cause problems and can be laughed off as, oops, I got outed, now I gotta work for that piece, rather than cursing and getting bent out of shape over having to pay a normal price for a piece.

Anyway, that's my sermon. Feel free to throw it out, ignore it, or for those so driven, take it as gospel :D :D

Blayloxzuess
06-17-2004, 05:38 PM
buy it now is still up there ;)
Go nuts :D