Comics 3-pack Kwinn in hand PICS [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Comics 3-pack Kwinn in hand PICS

Alyosha
06-02-2004, 04:20 PM
Here's a production level copy of the new Kwinn figure. Enjoy!

http://img43.photobucket.com/albums/v133/Alyosha/GI%20Joe%20Customs/Kwinn.jpg

http://img43.photobucket.com/albums/v133/Alyosha/GI%20Joe%20Customs/Kwinn_detail.jpg

http://img43.photobucket.com/albums/v133/Alyosha/GI%20Joe%20Customs/Kwinn_unposed.jpg

[ June 02, 2004: Message edited by: Alyosha ]

Gemini Matrix
06-02-2004, 04:38 PM
Man!! Those are nice. Can't wait for this summer for them to be released!

SLG
06-02-2004, 05:10 PM
It's about time we get a Kwinn fig. Hasbro seems to be going in the right direction. :D

joeboy75
06-02-2004, 05:21 PM
Are these going to be released everywhere or are they an exclusive somewhere?

Deacon
06-02-2004, 06:55 PM
So does this officially mean dead characters are fair game for new figures? :confused:

james strickland
06-02-2004, 07:36 PM
I really like this figures

yojoebro82
06-02-2004, 07:38 PM
Good question man. I thought I read somewhere when the new sculpts came out that they weren't going to do characters that were dead in the comic. I thought that was kinda dumb. Glad they didn't stick to that!

The 100% Argento Outback
06-02-2004, 07:40 PM
Just WOW! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Jason W.
06-02-2004, 08:53 PM
Nizzice in the words of Snoop Dogg.

Joeczar
06-03-2004, 09:31 AM
Now they need to come out with the summer version of Kwinn, khaki shirt, shorts, and of course the weasel bone necklace! You could pack him with a Snake-Eyes who has a cowboy hat accessory and Caddy convertable, just like the ones they ones in that craps game in the comic!

publicenemy
06-03-2004, 09:53 AM
i'm sorry but i never really followed the comic or cartoon, but who is kwinn?

CobraGang
06-03-2004, 11:36 AM
That's too nice. :cool:

Gotta' have one.

CobraLaLaLarry
06-03-2004, 12:31 PM
Kwinn was a mercenary hired by (if I remember correctly) Russian terrorists who had destroyed a US research base at the North Pole, in GI Joe #2 (Marvel). Kwinn ended up kind of helping the Joes at the end of the issue by letting Snake Eyes find the firing pins he had taken from their weapons and hidden from them. Kwinn ended up in the book several issues later working for Cobra, but he and Snake Eyes teamed up against Cobra scientist Dr. Venom. Kwinn eventually got shot in the back, and Snake Eyes delivered a major a$$-whooping to his killer.
I am so unbelievably happy to see a figure of him finally showing up.
PS- my memories of the comic in question are fuzzy, the last time I read it was probably 4 years ago, if I've messed up any details someone let me know. smile.gif

danyanda
06-03-2004, 12:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CobraLaLaLarry:
Kwinn eventually got shot in the back, and Snake Eyes delivered a major a$$-whooping to his killer.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kwinn actually was about to kill Dr. Venom, but at the last minute decided to walk away (thus defeating the weasel spirit within himself). As Kwinn turned away Dr. Venom shot him in the back, but as Kwinn died the grenade he was about to kill Venom with fell from his hand and killed him anyway. Snake Eyes did give Kwinn a proper Eskimo burial at sea (at least I think it was proper), but I guess you would say karma got revenge for Kwinn's death, or Kwinn himself revenged his own death.

BTW, I think that this figure especially shows that Hasbro has both the ability to sculpt well (the head is great) and the ingenuity to make great new figures out of existing sculpts (Big Ben is one of the least liked molds in existance after the recent glut of repaints). Kudos to Hasbro for these products, but it also raises the bar for them IMO. No more excuses about why figs can't have correct proportions or good sculpts.

[ June 03, 2004: Message edited by: danyanda ]

CobraLaLaLarry
06-03-2004, 12:47 PM
And I also say no more not making figures because the character is dead. I want a new Doc! And let's have a Dr. Venom while we're at it.

SLG
06-03-2004, 01:04 PM
I would like to see a Dr.venom and Doc but would doc be male or female. :confused:

Gemini Matrix
06-03-2004, 04:18 PM
With the release of Kwinn. I hope we get to see more. Like Dr. Venom or possibly the October Guard!

GRNLNTRN715
06-03-2004, 05:55 PM
I have to say that Kwinn looks great. Only wish he was a little stockier, that's just my opinion though.

joeboy75
06-03-2004, 06:15 PM
So.. are these exclusives anywhere, or are they going to be available anywhere. :cool:

publicenemy
06-03-2004, 06:18 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by CobraLaLaLarry:
[QB]Kwinn was a mercenary hired by (if I remember correctly) Russian terrorists who had destroyed a US research base at the North Pole, in GI Joe #2 (Marvel).

hey thanks, i guess my background on joes is way to little. looks like i'm gonna have to get some of old comics. also, that mold does rock. i too would like to see a new doc.

yojoebro82
06-03-2004, 06:28 PM
I'd like to see a Dr. Venom too. Then how about a Gen. Flagg and Billy! There's a three pack right there for ya!

willie&joe
06-03-2004, 06:43 PM
I've not seen nothin' like the mighty Kwinn!

[ June 04, 2004: Message edited by: willie&joe ]

gargoyle
06-03-2004, 06:45 PM
heck with this in flux of classic figs. why not just bring out a classic fig toy line for joes in the single pack style? and why not bring a 2nd line out of the reborn joes? keep the 2 packs with the current comic and video line. then last but not least kill the BTR and add transformers for the joes.

bling

yojoebro82
06-03-2004, 06:52 PM
I'm glad we're getting these comic three packs and the urban assult sets just for the fact that I just saw picks of VvV wave three (aka the money saver wave) We'd be in bad shape if that was all we got this summer. Awful!

Spillspleen
06-03-2004, 09:25 PM
Hey I like it....wait a minute...thats Big Ben with a different head...arrrrrg.....they used the mold again....lol!!!!!

Lucid Enigma
06-03-2004, 09:33 PM
I agree with GRNLNTRN715, it would be nice if he were bulked up a bit. Still, I am thrilled to see a Kwinn figure and I like the old Roadblock gun he has. I hope that the figure is released with a coat that is a more subdued orange color. It seems a bit bright in the pics. Minor details aside, good job Hasbro!

Mark O'

Neoscott
06-03-2004, 09:47 PM
Hey guys ,
Ome extra info here on kwinn.
It is not the old kwinn from the comics but his son working for cobra whos blamed gijoe for his dads death.

Neoscott
http://www.stores.ebay.com/id=4830947

acmirro
06-03-2004, 10:02 PM
I have been waiting YEARS for a Kwinn figure. This does not dissapoint!

Gemini Matrix
06-04-2004, 06:14 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Neoscott:
Hey guys ,
Ome extra info here on kwinn.
It is not the old kwinn from the comics but his son working for cobra whos blamed gijoe for his dads death.

Neoscott
http://www.stores.ebay.com/id=4830947<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought that was Ghost Bear? He was just released a little while back with a Mech.

willie&joe
06-04-2004, 02:35 PM
This has to be the real Kwinn. I understand he's in a comic 3-pack and the characters released go along with the comic.

CobraLaLaLarry
06-04-2004, 03:10 PM
Yeah, Kwinn's son is Ghost Bear, who came with the Pulverizer. The new fig is the original Kwinn, his father from the Marvel comics, who I have been waiting to see as a figure since I was 11 in 1983 smile.gif

Crimson Immortal
06-06-2004, 03:07 AM
Not bad! But they should of gave him the Sgt.Savage 30 caliber machine gun,that would of been better..

Patrick A. Riley
06-06-2004, 12:21 PM
I just picked up one to go with my Night Creeper and Flak Viper/Nullifier. Can't wait to get them! (but I won't have to wait as long as it will take Hasbro to release them) :D ;)

skorponok
06-06-2004, 03:40 PM
For some reason his face reminds me of actor Jason Scott Lee (from DRAGON THE BRUCE LEE STORY) :eek:

Gemini Matrix
06-06-2004, 03:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by skorponok:
For some reason his face reminds me of actor Jason Scott Lee (from DRAGON THE BRUCE LEE STORY) :eek:<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know? Your right!

Skil
06-06-2004, 03:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by joeboy75:
So.. are these exclusives anywhere, or are they going to be available anywhere. :cool:<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm afraid that no body cares to answer when we ask this... once and again.
:(

Alyosha
06-06-2004, 04:34 PM
Okay, as far as I know (and that's not alot) these are going to be available everywhere. Wait until the 'Con for 100% accurate word, though.

EagleEyeJoe
06-06-2004, 05:15 PM
Well since I only am interested in admirers I probably shouldn't answer this question, but in interest to people who actually want answers...

So far online stores will be picking these up as well as Target and Toys R Us. Fred Meyer and Meijers are also on tap to get them. Wal Mart apparently passed last I heard. Retail price per set is $9.99. The package with Colonel Hawk / Stalker / Clutch has been pushed back due to packaging problems.

jabba the drunk
06-06-2004, 05:46 PM
This Kwinn looks totally sweet! An incredible job by Hasbro.

I think that these Comic 3 Packs are going to sell like you can't believe. Why? Because we are FINALLY getting new Gijoes in the same style as the originals. For collectors like me, (who won't touch the new out-of-proportion Joes), these 3 packs are a breath of fresh air.

If indeed Walmart has passed on these, I'll bet they won't pass when there is a series 2 due to phenomenal sales.

-Peter

[ June 06, 2004: Message edited by: jabba the drunk ]

Gemini Matrix
06-06-2004, 06:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EagleEyeJoe:

So far online stores will be picking these up as well as Target and Toys R Us. Fred Meyer and Meijers are also on tap to get them. Wal Mart apparently passed last I heard. Retail price per set is $9.99. The package with Colonel Hawk / Stalker / Clutch has been pushed back due to packaging problems.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've also wanted to know this tid bit of information. Glad to see someone finally answer it.

Liokaiser
06-07-2004, 06:43 AM
With my luck of finding a copy of issue #2 for $5 happy to see a Kwinn fig.

Skil
06-08-2004, 08:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EagleEyeJoe:
So far online stores will be picking these up as well as Target and Toys R Us. Fred Meyer and Meijers are also on tap to get them. Wal Mart apparently passed last I heard. Retail price per set is $9.99. The package with Colonel Hawk / Stalker / Clutch has been pushed back due to packaging problems.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, thanks a lot for the info

smile.gif

Deogg
06-08-2004, 09:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> The package with Colonel Hawk / Stalker / Clutch has been pushed back due to packaging problems. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, they're having problems packing two decent figs with The Incredible Hulk LOL. Or maybe they're getting Lou Ferrigno to sign photos to include in the 3-pack.

The final Kwinn looks pretty darn good, as do all of the Comic 3-pack figs except for Clutch.

Angry Beef
06-08-2004, 09:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jabba the drunk:
For collectors like me, (who won't touch the new out-of-proportion Joes), these 3 packs are a breath of fresh air.

[ June 06, 2004: Message edited by: jabba the drunk ]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes because the old figures were NEVER out of proportion....

Beachhead, Cobra Officer, Lady Jaye, Scarlett, Ripper and other members of the GIANT noggin brigade please leave the room.

:cool: