a confession... [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : a confession...

Redmao
06-18-2004, 03:02 AM
I have to admit it... last night I was sitting at my computer, waiting for a download to finish. Most of my VvV figures are on my desk with a few extra spytroops...

Anyway Shipwreck was standing there with an M-16 looking like he was on guard duty or something... Mean while I had the new purple Firefly in my hands and then it happened:

Firefly jump silently on the keyboard trey to get lower than the guard. As he landed he threw his knife to Shipwreck's throat who shot in the air as he fell on the keyboard trey. Mission disk Recondo showed up. Firefly took out his hand gun from his chest holster and shot with both his hand gun and machine gun it was a bloody escape with the bang! bang! Prr! Pow!

I then realised... as if hypnotised for a small moment, I realised that I just played. I played like I did twelve years ago...

Kir Kanos
06-18-2004, 06:21 AM
finally someone else admits it

GILTYONE
06-18-2004, 06:29 AM
Lol! It happens no matter how old u are. Myself I think I'm too old to get down on the floor but a quick scene never hurt no body, it is just a part of collecting young or older not many want to admit that!

Sgt. Moody
06-18-2004, 06:41 AM
Good man smile.gif

Half the fun of joes are playing with em, i do it all the time

RAS ONE J
06-18-2004, 06:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GILTYONE:
Lol! It happens no matter how old u are. Myself I think I'm too old to get down on the floor but a quick scene never hurt no body, it is just a part of collecting young or older not many want to admit that!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hahahah..for sure..I just don't have the time to lay on the floor and play for 2 to 3 hours with my Joes like I used to when I was kid.
But, you're right..I'll have a quick scene like a special forces mission sometimes right after I watch some war movie/DVD. :D

curmudgeon
06-18-2004, 07:03 AM
On impulse I took my mudfighter out in the backyard the other week and did a few strafing/bombing runs on an imaginery convoy of Stingers pulling ASPs. That was a blast. I kept lowering the arm holding the mudfighter and acting nonchalant everytime I passed the part of the fence where my neighbor can see in though

yojoeshow
06-18-2004, 07:37 AM
I play with my joes when ever I get a chance. Yesterday it was a Night Force mission. Does everyone else think that Flint is the leader of the group or Beachead?

Redmao
06-18-2004, 09:04 AM
wow its like therapy :D

thebigzakbowski
06-18-2004, 09:40 AM
Falcon is the leader of Night Force. Well I say he is. He out ranks everyone other than psyche out (like that matters to joes).

yojoeshow
06-18-2004, 06:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by thebigzakbowski:
Falcon is the leader of Night Force. Well I say he is. He out ranks everyone other than psyche out (like that matters to joes).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well Falcon didn't come with the set so Flint is the leader.
;)

red25thta
06-18-2004, 08:07 PM
I play with my son and nephew's all the time. Even my 2 year old daughter like's them. And Flint is #2 overall right so it would make since he would be in charge.

thebigzakbowski
06-19-2004, 11:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by yojoeshow:

Well Falcon didn't come with the set so Flint is the leader.
;)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh you only count the new NF? fair enough flint is the leader of them then.

code red shockwave
06-19-2004, 11:14 AM
I play with my toys sometimes when I have the time. I love having my S.W.A.T. team take on both COBRA and the evil supervillain team I created.

GRNLNTRN715
06-20-2004, 03:05 PM
Alright, I admit it.
I play with my joes. But I do it at work. And I don't get funny looks. Here's how.
I work 10 hour days at an insurance company as an agent answering calls all day. While I'm talking I just mess around with them, set up scenes, call over to my friends nearby and get their input on what looks cool or not. I even do customs on my lunchbreak at my desk.
AND NO ONE SAYS ANYTHING! Except to say "hey, who's that, what's his story?" or
"what about that color with this one?"

WWW.JOEPARTS.COM
06-20-2004, 03:22 PM
I think I need to change my pants, that first post has got to be one of the funniest things I've read in a long time, how true it is!!

james strickland
06-20-2004, 07:39 PM
I kinda of like to play with my joes when I have a a stressful day at work or really bored. I even do this when I just see them set up in my room.

The Real Destro
06-28-2004, 08:05 AM
I played with my joes till I was like 20.

I'm 28 now.. Still collecting and repairing some. And I have saying that I live to.. "I like women real, If I want plastic I'll play with my Gi Joes"

Redmao
06-28-2004, 09:07 AM
nice motto!

joebahama
06-28-2004, 07:25 PM
Well I am from the Bahamas and I sometimes find myself taking my three Warthogs, four night rhinos, two Apcs and 4 devilfish out on the beach to stage a Normandy style invasion on my two terror dromes. smile.gif boy you should see the look from passerbys as I am unloading my army off the my truck and setting them up. Last time I had to almost fight a group of kids ages 6-10 off with a stick. LOL

The Real Destro
06-29-2004, 12:18 PM
LOL, has anyone else that collected/played ever come up and ask to play?

joebahama
06-29-2004, 04:55 PM
Yup, I met two fellow collectors the other day on the beach and they promised to bring out their killer whale and water moccassins which I don't have. I have been trying to buy these two on ebay but shipping to the Bahamas is so expensive and customs duty on all toys is whopping 65% so if you guys in the ole USA pay about 8 bucks per figure two pack I pay about 14.50 here.