Now you know the whole story... [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Now you know the whole story...

curmudgeon
06-03-2004, 11:46 PM
Or is it???

Scroll down to the bottom past the filecard descriptions: http://www.mastercollector.com/neat/gijoe/orlando/figures/dreadnok.cfm

Man, did the same guy who wrote the new stuff in the filecards also whip up this grammatical gem? Gave me a good chuckle though...it's supposed to be foreboding, but it made me spit up my water. I think for authenticity they let the bubba brother dreadnoks do their proofreading. They even misspelled vengeance in one of the filecards. Ouch.

I got another chuckle reading the gnawgahyde clone's filecard. At least they admit to being rather uncreative with his frankenstein assembly. Seems like it would of been better to just repaint gnawgahyde though.

Now you know, and knowing are half the battle...or do it?

Hama-Eggs
06-04-2004, 04:33 AM
Well sorry guys, but I am not impressed or excited about this set. Reusing the same mold for all those dreadheads really takes away from the set. Its pretty much the dreadnok infantry set. The dreads are nice, but just from the way they look limits thier effectiveness in most operations. I would have rather they created a cobra infantry spec ops team then a bunch of aussie bikers.

Robot Rabbit
06-04-2004, 11:53 AM
From Dreadnok Crusher's file card

"...still wondering what happened to DREADNOK AGENT GNAWGAHYDE"

Dreadnok...agent? Sounds so important. I wonder if Zartan issues them little badges and ID cards too.

I'd love to own this set--it's got Mutt and Junkyard!! Of course, for $250 (for non-attendees), I can't justify paying that much for 15 figures.

The art on the file cards is nice, though.

Obiwanjacoby
06-04-2004, 01:20 PM
If I recall correctly, $250 for a convention set is cheaper than previous years, right?

Either way, I agree though. It's still not worth it unless you're a "gotta catch 'em all" type of collector.

-PJ

Obiwanjacoby
06-04-2004, 01:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by curmudgeon:
I got another chuckle reading the gnawgahyde clone's filecard. At least they admit to being rather uncreative with his frankenstein assembly.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, wait. . .I get it now! :rolleyes:

Crusher and Gnawgahyde went out hunting and Crusher came back alone toting all of Gnawgahyde's stuff w/him.

Thanks Hasbro, way to kill off my fave Dreadnok. He's gone for good this time.

. . .or IS he??? tongue.gif

-PJ

toy-nutz
06-04-2004, 01:33 PM
I heard that David Lane of the Steel Brigade group did the file cards for this set. So that might explain it!!

Michael Richards
Bulletman Big B
All Hail DOB!!

brad
06-04-2004, 02:43 PM
Hey does this mark junkyard II's first figure

thebigzakbowski
06-04-2004, 06:06 PM
some of the worst fcs ever and i am a huge nok fan

wacker23
06-04-2004, 06:57 PM
buzzer,zarana.ripper,beachead,and mutt are cool.what the f is all that other crap.the file cards are fing retarted do we really need to know that ripper is a dreanok,,"dreadnok ripper"wat cheesey crap is this..man if anyone want to sell me the top 4 figures ill gladly but them,but take the rest and throw them out...cant they make a cobra nightstrike team at leat thast will be nice..they could take the new vipers and paint them black and grey

stad
06-05-2004, 07:14 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Obiwanjacoby:
If I recall correctly, $250 for a convention set is cheaper than previous years, right?

-PJ<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually no. It's cheaper than the 12" sets, but the 3 3/4 sets were $180 the first year and $200 last year (member prices)

Obiwanjacoby
06-05-2004, 03:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by stad:
Actually no. It's cheaper than the 12" sets, but the 3 3/4 sets were $180 the first year and $200 last year (member prices)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're right, that was my bad. I frequently space on the member prices as I am clearly not a member redface.gif tongue.gif

Thanks for the clarification Stad. I appreciate it. smile.gif

Oh, and another thing. Thanks for not being rude and demeaning like certain other members here tend to do (but will remain nameless). :D

-PJ

Flash
06-05-2004, 03:50 PM
They probably named the characters Dreadnok Ripper, Dreadnok Buzzer and so on because of copyrights and trademarks.

Some say hasbro had to change the names of some of the transformers because of that.

Like Jazz is now technically Autobot Jazz.

But I don't think its much of a big deal.