Have many figures have you lost [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Have many figures have you lost

Fire Viper
06-19-2004, 11:13 AM
not to the dumpster, but how many have just vanished?

I have lost two, one in our car and one in my room, the one i lost in my car was a Ninja Force Storm Shadow, my only Storm Shadow. The other one was a Rock Viper, i still have both their weapons but the figures is just gone.

Darko
06-19-2004, 11:22 AM
As a kid, I lost Overlord, although I suspect a jackass 'friend' of mine stole him. Grumble...one of my favorite figures too.

Other than that, I've got a lot of childhood vehicles still unaccounted for. I found the great majority of my vehicles in my mom's basement (which was great because I thought she had Goodwilled them) but I'm still missing my Tiger Fish, Dictator, Air Chariot, RAT and Cobra battle copter.

JWLJN
06-19-2004, 11:30 AM
I don't really remember losing anything. I never took them outside and when I had water battles using the tub I made sure nothing went down the drain. The main thing I remember losing that troubled me so bad was the original Sgt. Slaughter's stick. When the Slaughter's Marauders version came out and I had the stick again it was fine, but I actually remember me and my parents on the floor of our old house ON MOVING DAY taking one last look for that damned stick. smile.gif

I did trade some doubles of figures I had, and two vehicles to a friend (APC and original Ferret, still have the TF version) for figures. Those are the two main vehicles I'm looking to buy now.

-J\/\/

Liokaiser
06-19-2004, 12:54 PM
Well last time checking toy boxes I still haven't found my Despoiler for my Destro version 2, same with Serpentor's air Chariot, I found a part that went to the snake head on it but not the whole thing.

Figure wise, jus remembering, I had, may still, 2 Vamps one came with the HAL and the other just a Vamp. Well On the 2nd it should've come with clutch right, well I have yet to see this fig anywhere and have no clue what happened to it.

Gemini Matrix
06-19-2004, 12:55 PM
I don't THINK. I have lost any. I probably could lose a few army builders and not even realize it. :rolleyes:

code red shockwave
06-19-2004, 12:56 PM
I lost my 1992 Shockwave along with an original v1 Spawn figure about five-six years after I got Shockwave.

thorn
06-19-2004, 01:04 PM
the only figures i lost were-
Destro V1 when i was little- man he was a pain to find another one but i did, and 20 yrs later i still had the extra pack and gun from the lost one.
i still remember my frustration of both losing him, and having to go out and get another one when my only income was mowing lawns...
other than that, a firefly disappeared over time.
he may have been given away though- a very few of my original joes i gave to a neighbor.
other than that, i only lost a very few little parts -
i was always VERY careful.

tommysalo
06-19-2004, 01:24 PM
Got a V1 roadblock from Xmass one year. It lasted about 2 hours before my father shot him out along with the rest of the xmass garbage(wrapping, boxes etc).

koppen
06-19-2004, 01:33 PM
I lost quite a few when I was a kid. I used to go to a Summer Camp, and that is where I spent the majority of my GI Joe playing time. The camp was located out in a forest, so we would have forest and jungle battles all the time, buidling fortresses in the trees. So I lost figures all the time, in the trees, to trades, and kifds would take other kids' figures when they would find them in the trees. Some of the figures tha tI lost were Flak Viper, Heat Viper, Big Boa, etc...

The one figure that I was very particular about that I would not allow anyone to take was my Alley Viper V1. I never lost him at camp, but unfortunately, later on, I lost him to my dogs. I only found pieces of him, including his torn up torso, and his head with a tooth hole straight through his face. A horrible day for me. Once I started collecting again, I had to get him again.

I also lost Overlord, another favorite of mine. He somehow was just lost to some black hole in my basement. I packed him away when I was in my early teens, when I stopped playing with GI Joes, but I have never been able to find him. Had to get another copy of him as well.

On the other side, I did just find a couple of figures that I thought had been long gone for quite a while.

Eric

yo-man2
06-19-2004, 02:46 PM
rock viper
the warthog main body
TWO metal heads
scarlett vs 1
armadillo
jinx
and an incinerator

alll GONE Poof
but i found others stuff along the way

acmirro
06-19-2004, 02:51 PM
I can't, for the life of me, find my 97 Lady Jaye... :confused:

themoney75
06-19-2004, 05:53 PM
i have been looking for the last 4 months for my quarrel. :mad: i have just about given up on ever finding her.

thorn
06-19-2004, 06:02 PM
wow summer camp in the woods-
now that you mention it i am VERY glad i never took my joes camping.
what a great way to lose them-
then factor in other kids at a camp, forget it.
you're lucky you had any left...!

wacker23
06-19-2004, 06:13 PM
i have a box somewhere in my house that contains a v3 moc snakeyes a v2 moc storm shadow a v2 moc hawk and v1 moc firefly and a final fantasy 7 sepiroth..i have been looking for this freaking box for 6 months i think i threw it out.

danyanda
06-19-2004, 06:18 PM
I had Footloose stolen from me at school (I think it was my brother's figure).
Lifeline and Cobra Officer v1 stolen from church of all places (someone is going to burn in hell for that one).
Duke v1 lost at my Dad's work (my brother lost that one).
Flint v1 and the turret from the APC lost down the creek during an amphibious invasion.
Doc v1 lost, one leg was recovered at my grandparent's house, but I have no idea what exactly happened to him.

I haven't lost any that I know of since I was a kid.

Eric Leavitt
06-19-2004, 06:44 PM
When I was 14, my friend at the time borrowed Storm Shadow and Scrap Iron. My mom made it up to me and got me a Duke. I did not get a 1984 Stormshadow until years later, though.

Kir Kanos
06-19-2004, 07:13 PM
my wave 8 Zarana is currently MIA, despite the best efforts of my COBRA forces to locate her.

my brother "lost" his storm shadow when were kids. I just happened to find it, after my storm shadow's o-ring broke. I didn't tell him until years later, he still gets extremely pi#$@d when I mention it.

james strickland
06-19-2004, 08:08 PM
when I was a kid we moved a lot so I lost the very first beachhead I ever got then latwer I lost all my joes in a move to the state of Missouri. Now I had to start all over again.

UKGIJOE
06-20-2004, 01:25 AM
When i was about 10 i had a friend come round to play with my joes after school. When he had gone home i couldnt find my night vulture figure. We have moved house since then and i have still never found it. He claims he never stole it, but i think he did.Thats about the only figure i have ever lost.

zartan15
06-20-2004, 05:53 AM
4 as a child (covergirl, two tripwires and cobra commander).
as an adult- just weapons.

james strickland
06-20-2004, 07:47 AM
mainly weapons now but when I was a kid I lost alot of joe stuff because of moves.

Deadshot
06-20-2004, 07:52 AM
My Night Force Psyche out has gone MIA in the last three month. I know he's in the house some where with al of his weapons.. I just can't find the poor lad.

THough I suspect he may be in the bowels of my Cobra bin... hrmm i should check that out today.

Agent Orange
06-20-2004, 07:49 PM
At some point my Skystriker just vanished.

Years later a wing and both vertical stabilizers showed up, but that was pretty much all I found.

I am pretty sure my youngest brother had something to do with the dissapearance. :(

Epyon
06-20-2004, 08:51 PM
I lost em all when I was a kid. Every other day, I would come home from school, and both my parents worked late...
Anyway, every once in awhile, when I would get home from school, there would always be a new joe or transformer waiting for me.
I had a ton of them, but lost them all in the ravages of time. I know I had buried tons of them in my backyard and then we moved....
and we moved again, and I don't quite remember what happened to them after that.
I recently found my Motor Viper, but he's all tore up....

drummer1279
06-20-2004, 09:20 PM
Since I've moved into my house, I know I'm missing a box of Joe's. I can think of a few thing's that are missing, and I've been through nearly every box I have, and still can't find these. Mostly I have a problem with vehicle parts, Here one minute, gone the next. I suspect my oldest son may be involved, but I'm not sure. I bought a complete Air Chariot, and two days later it was missing a part. I still haven't found that, and that was nearly a year ago.

Jason W.
06-20-2004, 09:34 PM
I lost my 1991 Mercer when I was little. I still have his filecard, but thats it.

Deogg
06-20-2004, 09:36 PM
Well, a LONG time ago, I lost my first Joe fig: a straight arm Grunt. We had since moved twice (myself three times more). Well, long story short, I was going thru a box of old stuff, and I came across the Straight arm Grunt!!!!!!! Both thumbs broken, but I didn't care! The kicker is that in my stash of extra stuff, I had his backpack AND gun!

Now the big question: anyone got 2 unbroken arms and a green helmet? LOL

I got my very first Joe back, now I wanna get him as minty as possible ;)

[ June 20, 2004: Message edited by: Deogg ]

Propadeutic
06-20-2004, 09:48 PM
I was bad about breaking Joes in my early years, but I did pretty well at keeping track of them.

Roll of Lost Joes (not counting trades and replacements):

1984 - Airborne, mailing mishap (insufficient postage, no return address)
June 1986 - Sci-Fi, lost in a park
Dec. 11, 1997 - Lift Ticket, Jet Pack, Tiger Shark, lost in a trading scam.

(By the way, I have a spare Grunt figure with helmet and backpack, but he's a swivel-arm.)

[ June 20, 2004: Message edited by: Propadeutic ]

BK
06-21-2004, 01:53 AM
I buried some Joes once as a kid as a mock funeral, and then it rained the next day, and for something like 5 days after that. By the time it was dry enough to dig them up, they were gone. And I had buried them in my dad's garden, so I couldn't go around digging everything up until I found them. I remember that a few years later, my Lifeline figure poked up out of the dirt a good 10 feet from where I buried him. That was the only one I ever found.

Xerofall
06-21-2004, 03:33 AM
A similar thing happend to me back in 1983.

I was playing with my BRAND NEW Scrap Iron out in the snow. I went someplace and left him there.

The Landlord just happened to plow the driveway that day.

I had to wait 4 months for the snow to melt and I only found bits and pieces of him and his rocket launcher. :(

I also had a version 1 Gung-Ho just up and vanish! I was playing with him in a planter at my house. For some reason I left him there and when I came back... he was gone! Just like that. Never saw him again.

To this day I wonder what happened to Gung-Ho.

Fabio
06-21-2004, 04:38 AM
The only guy I remember having lost was '86 SlipStream. When I got back into Joes (and found YoJoe.com) he was the 1st thing I had Curt fix me, along with one of the X-30 canards...

Kir Kanos
06-21-2004, 08:54 AM
To this day, I cannot find my joes I had as a kid. They were either buried as part of a time capsule, or thrown away by my dad. A few years ago, I tried digging around my parents back yard, but had to stop because my dad was getting pretty mad. Digging is hard! I got about 1-3 feet down and dug up probably 25-30 square feet of ground. My hands were all blistered, and my dad was getting madder by the day, all i found was the remains of my mobat tank. I have searched through my parents attic with no luck either, temperatures up there reach the 100's this time of year. I would give any of my new joes to get the ones I had as a kid back, but it will never happen. :(

Redmao
06-21-2004, 09:15 AM
I moved a few time as a kid so many joes got lost because of that. Some o-ring broke causing the lost of others since they were broken my mom threw some away because I was too little to repair them I guess.

The only one that truly disapeared was my swivel arm Flash. IOne fatal morning in 1986 I was playing with him and some other joes before going to school and when I got back home I couldnt find him anywhere! I searched and searched and I never found him. The hero of my joes then was lost forever... M I A.

Blowtorch assumed leadership until Falcon arrived in 1988 -1989. He still assumes that task today . I bought Flash a few years ago, but he's not the same...

[ June 21, 2004: Message edited by: Redmao ]

Exz
06-21-2004, 09:46 AM
As a kid lost a few originals, but when I rescued my collection from my parents my brifcase full of all the weapons for about 500 figures disappeared.

Xerofall
06-21-2004, 08:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Redmao:
I bought Flash a few years ago, but he's not the same...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's really funny. When I had to Goodwill all my toys I lost my Favorite figure, Alpine.

Years later I got him off Ebay and it's funny but it really isn't the same.

I know he's the exact same figure as far as the mold goes, but I can't help but think he's just a replacement.
:(

KrymsynGardImmoral
06-21-2004, 09:44 PM
I wrapped a Tripwire and a beige clutch in tin foil for whatever kid reason waaaayyy back in 84 and my Grandmother threw them away because she thought they were some kind of food she forgot to eat. As for now, i am constyantly losing figures that I actually sold and forgot, and also finding figures I don't remember having. I'll never forget, i was at the chicago Comic-con just last year. Snow was there, he told me I had a complete WORMS with antenna in one of my cases for sale. I told him he was full of muppets, and he bet me it was there. We went back to y table, and there it was. I don't remember where it came from, when I put it in the case, nothing. So, I just sold it to him and shut up. I pray the action figure fairies send me a complete hardtop fot the Orlando show.....

Angry Beef
06-22-2004, 12:00 PM
I lost the second Joe I ever had.. Iceberg me and a friend would go into this little wooded area by his house and toss the Joe up in the air and try to catch them. I think something happend to distract me so I missed him and I didn't see where he landed.

I was recently going throug my Vintage stuff at my parents house and I am missing a few vehicle parts.

A few years ago when I could have cared less for Joe stuff and was really in to Star Wars I also took a bunch of Joe vehicles with the intention of customizing them into Star Wars vehicles. The troop transport and stellar stilletto being two.... I never got around to doing anything with them.......And now I have no clue where they are.

Pyro
07-28-2005, 04:32 PM
Once when I was younger I left some joes at my Uncle's house. Years later I got three of them back.
I got a dirty Ninja Force Storm shadow,
A Shadow Ninja Bushido with the thing on his mask gone,
And a ver1 Muskrat figure with his right hand completely flat!

As for the rest, they were never seen again.

joebahama
07-28-2005, 05:11 PM
I can't say I've lost any but I had a whole school bag full stolen from me in the 5th grade. I think I nearly fell out when I found out. It was the last day of school to and I brought them to show a friend and this kid named Willard stole the whole bag.

Oh and I had a Night force Crazylegs Stolen out of my black Awestriker by my wife's cousin kid a few months back. But no, I've never just lost one.

Crimson Guard Jayhawk
07-28-2005, 05:27 PM
Several months ago I was moving my Joes and noticed the NF Duke (new sculpt) was missing. Still can't find him so I finally had to order a new one. Now I am an adult collector, I don't play with the figures, and it never left my den/office. I still have no idea how he disappeared.

As far was my childhood toys, I don't really remember loosing any Joes. I do remember loosing my Mego Pocket Heros Batman, Robin and Superman. They were in the closet (an actual closet, not the perverbial closet) one day and the next day they were gone.

Kann
07-28-2005, 05:28 PM
Only one i lost and that is SneakPeek v1. But I got a new one now of him.

spiderpumpkin
07-28-2005, 05:50 PM
I haven't lost any figures but I have lost 2 accessories and unfortunately they weren't the easy to find type of accessories. Hard Top's handgun last year soon after buying it on ebay. I searched for hours and I don't know what happened to it. Also, I bought an Avalanche w/ Cold Front last year and the seller didn't put the figure in a bag and small parts in a bag. When I received it I couldn't find the white microphone anywhere because the guy just put everything in the box loose with the shipping peanuts. I really believe he sent the figure complete but didn't take any care in packing it up.

My Heavy Metal is under close guard so I don't lose that brown mic.

spect_spidey
07-28-2005, 06:04 PM
When I was young I lost Scarlett in a field while she was parachuting. I lost a v.1 Firefly like 3 times. I lost one, bought a new one and then found the old one. Only to then lose both of them at the same time.

Now that I am approaching thirty, the only time I "lose" a Joe these days is when my 2 yr. old son is in the room while I am going through my Joes. Then I suddenly "lose" about 10 of them. Only to find them in his room or in his box of Joes.:D

danyanda
07-28-2005, 06:10 PM
I have to add to my post from last year because I currently have about 9 v1 Snow Serpents MIA. I think they are packed in a box somewhere, but I haven't found them yet.

Erick
07-28-2005, 06:19 PM
I lost Leatherneck v1 when i was 6 years old. I left it at my dentist's office, on the desk, and when i came back with my mom it wasn´t there >-(

thorn
07-28-2005, 06:24 PM
holy cow, who dug up this year old thread?

Pit Viper
07-28-2005, 07:55 PM
When I was a kid I was always having figures lost or stolen and not even realizing it until months later. I KNOW this one kid who was my best friend had been stealing some of them. I had a Dreadnok Cycle that I think I probably left out in my club house. Later I went over to this kid's house for the first time and he had 2 of them! I remember thinking it was cool that he had 2 of the bikes but it didn't occure to me until later that one of them was mine. He also REALLY liked my v1 Tunnel Rat figure and actually told me and I quote, "Why don't every time you play G.I.JOE you let me use Tunnel Rat and anytime you are going to play, call me so I can come over?" Needless to say Tunnel Rat ended up disapearing. I don't know why I continued to go over to his place but it got so bad that my mom painted the bottom of all my Joe's shoes with white nail polish so that I would know they were mine. Well shortly after getting a v1 Law figure this "friend" shows me a Law figure that he had "found". I look to see where my Law figure was and it is missing. He says he found it in an alley (same alley I cut through to go to his house). I say it's probably mine and take a look at his boots and sure enough you could see where he had attempted to scratch off the white nail polish. I think it was later that day when we were all playing Joes over at another kids house an older kid looked in the "friend's" backback and found 2 or 3 figures of mine that he was hiding. That was the last straw. The older kid chased him down the street and we never played Joes with him again.

Years later though I realized that other figures of mine were gone such as Tiger Force Dusty and v1 Sneak Peak. I don't know if I just lost those or what. Ironically I think the older kid who chased away the G.I. JOE theif may have been stealing from me as well.

Another time I had some Joes stolen was when both me and my brother had 2 of our figures taken right out of our fenced-in front yard as we went in to eat dinner. We treated the whole thing like a murder had taken place, going over the yard looking for clues, and even coming up with what we figured was the area the theif had jumped the fence. We eventually figured it was our next door neighbor's little kid brother and ended up holding a mock trial over the whole thing. Funny thing is I can't even remember who it was that was stolen! I seem to recall it was my v1 Muskrat figure but I have that exact figure now (though in pieces)!

Goldbug
07-28-2005, 10:31 PM
I may have lost Rock N Roll. I'm not entirely sure though as it was quite a long time ago.
I am sure I lost quite a few other figures. Mostly when I was young.

vintage Luke Skywalker :( It was an early bird figure I got for Xmas.
vintage Lobot Lost it right after I bought it! I went crazy trying to find it. I got it in Germany on clearance. We were visiting some relatives' house. They told me maybe the dog took it & buried it.
my very first Spider-Man Not really sure what brand he was. It was the size of a Joe though. I think the brand also had DC guys too. Late 1970s. It might have been Mego Pocket Heros. This was one of those toys I was never without.

Those disappearances just baffled me because I was always meticulous on knowing where they were. My parents wouldn't buy any replacements. *poof* indeed :(

Richard J.
07-29-2005, 03:04 AM
Reading all this makes me feel extremely lucky.

I never had to move as a child, I didn't play with Joes with any body, and I was almost obsessive about keeping track of them when I was a kid because they started out as my sister's!

Never lost a single figure. Weapons maybe.

Tell you what though, I've had some surprises here and there because I'm so disorganized. I've found figures I didn't even know I had. Like a Heavy Metal with mic! I almost passed out I was so surprised to see him!

Just thought I'd post.

Richard J.

roboticplanet
07-29-2005, 01:19 PM
Uhhhh...a lot of people may hate me for this blunder, but I still can't find my Sears Missile Command Center. Last time I remember exactly where I saw it was 5 years ago when I moved from my parents house. I haven't had the space since then to display it so I kind of forgot about it for a few years.

I assume I have it cleverly stored somewhere at the bottom of a box (I disassembled it to keepit it flat) or rubbermaid container. I just don't know which one and even if it's at my place or stored at my parents.

I'm fairly certain its around somewhere. I get my packrat habits from my parents so between us few things get thrown out...

On a different note the first 2 GI Joes I had, Raptor & TF Tripwire, were both lost when I was younger. I did eventually find Raptor but Tripwire disappeared. Good thing he was a clearance figure and was easily replaced....unlike the Command Center.... :(

Redmao
07-29-2005, 01:44 PM
Only one joe vanishes mysteriously : Flash. I was about 8 and one morning before going to school, I played with him (he was the hero of most of my stories back then) and some other figures. When I came back I couldn't find him anywhere! The leader of my team had vanished forever! Blowtorch had to take over.

Damn cobras the kidnapped my Flash!!!

shmoomonkey
07-30-2005, 07:33 PM
... no figures, but when I bought Alpine, he was the ONLY Alpine my friends and I saw where we lived, and he was opened out in our 'fort' area. Somehow, his machine gun got lost right out of the package, which really ticked me off (it was one of the reasons I bought him), and my friends all refused to believe that Alpine came with a gun at all.