Some people and BIN's [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Some people and BIN's

red25thta
06-19-2004, 11:55 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2467&item=5905234685&rd=1

A little high don't y'all think? I am not much into Funskool but come on that and $8 shipping?

NightCreeper
06-19-2004, 12:34 PM
Way to high IMO for Funskool...

gunless
06-19-2004, 12:42 PM
not only that - he never mentions they're funskool. Seem to me he's trying to be misleading.

thorn
06-19-2004, 12:57 PM
the description really is crazy-
i sent him a note about not indicating they are funskool.
he's all- "you will be kicking yourself forever"
if you dont buy these?
ugg

NightCreeper
06-19-2004, 02:04 PM
Im reading some of his negative feedbacks here:

"Never received items or explanation. "

"cobbled together this product was not as advertised"

Doesnt seem like he knows the description of items, so he claims its the "real deal"

Bison25
06-19-2004, 02:36 PM
i got another good one for ya
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2467&item=5905227095&rd=1

hehe $250 for an action force snake eyes with a figure grade of F80 LOL...i would pay $50 for that tops if that

red25thta
06-19-2004, 03:06 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2467&item=5904036756#ebayphotohosting

Check out this one. MOSC. Take a look at the Gung-Ho/ Neo Viper Wal-Mart Exclusive. It's got Mindbender in it. And half of them are missing 1 fig. Lol what a lamer.

thorn
06-19-2004, 05:36 PM
OH NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!
now i see the problem -!@!@!!
this is the guy i got a single carded neo from-
1 month after doing a BIN! (and priority shipping!)
no contact at all! i emailed him like 6 times.
left him neg feed, he never elft me any, never replied, but did send me my fig, after a month!
i am going to post him in bad trades.
(the fisrt guy, peopleschammp)

[ June 19, 2004: Message edited by: thorn ]

[ June 19, 2004: Message edited by: thorn ]

themoney75
06-19-2004, 05:49 PM
imo the funskool auction is nuts.the snake eyes is a little high since graded stuff have drop a year ago that might of sold np.i have seen ungraded action force snake eyes carded sell for a 100 plus sometimes.

My Generation Toys
06-19-2004, 05:53 PM
He may not come out and say that they're Funskool, but you can very clearly see that in the pictures.

It would be one thing to not mention that is a Funskool figure and not post a picture or alter the image so that "Funskool" is not clear, but he at least gives you a clear scan of the figures.

themoney75
06-19-2004, 06:09 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2467&item=5905271969&rd=1

check this one out bin price way to high no pictures low feedback.there would be no way i would send that kind of money to someone with that low of feedback even if it was good stuff.i think this dude is wasteing his time with that price.

red25thta
06-19-2004, 07:39 PM
Yeah. 2000 / 226 = almost $9 dollar's each. If this sell's I am putting up all my crap with a huge price and hope some idiot buy's it.

[ June 20, 2004: Message edited by: red25thta ]

publicenemy
06-19-2004, 08:39 PM
this auction reminds me of something that fool 'brians toys' would try pulling. stuff like this makes me mad to no end. new collectors to the joe universe might fall for this crap. to this seller and brians toys, you guys suck

jabba the drunk
06-19-2004, 08:56 PM
Are you guys kidding?

If you don't like the "Buy It Now", then don't use it!

I'm trying to understand why you are whining about somebody putting a high amount for the BIN. What you are really peaved about is that you consider the BIN as being the "this is what I think it's worth" amount.

Short answer: So what? So...let's say that this seller does get $35 for it. In your minds that makes him a "con artist", or "ripoff" or "scammer", etc, etc, etc... Maligning a seller like this...it's pitiful really.

Why can't these seller's ask whatever they wnat for their items? If you sell on Ebay, do you want all of us on this messageboard to demaind you sell your items at a certain price?

If it doesn't sell at the price they want or the BIN...so be it! Go find another one that is cheaper. Why on earth would you post about with these whiny comments?

-Peter

AMulls
06-19-2004, 10:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by red25thta:
Yeah. 2000 / 226 = almost $77 dollar's each. If this sell's I am putting up all my crap with a huge price and hope some idiot buy's it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Math is a little off on that. 226 figs for $2000 comes out to be less than $9 a fig...

red25thta
06-20-2004, 07:05 AM
Lmao at myself. How the hell I got $77 go figure. Last time I do math late at night after a case or two, I swear! Actually according to window's calculator show's it to be almost $8.85 (and thats just his starting price) The $3500 BIN = out to $15.49'ish.

As for BIN's, it's fine but you get someone who is new back to collecting and does not know much about Funskool and then yes they are ripping them off. Agreed most of us here ( I hope ) would not bid on this.

Also last time I checked this was a free country so he can do what he want's. But come on when you do a BIN is usually because you want to sell it fast and get a good price for it. Not what it will be 100 years from now when they are the only 2 left on the earth. Also let's look at his discribition

"This auction is for (2) Super Scarce GI Joe Figures MOSC!!! You get old school Flint and Storm Shadow V2!!!"

Here is small joe's price:
Storm Shadow from Funskool - India FSKSTORMY $3.99
Flint from Funskool - India
FSKFLINT $3.99

Nothing about being very Scarce. Seem's if I put an order in for 10-50 or whatever they would be able to fill it.

"I have a buy it now that you just can't refuse!!! This is a great one of a kind item and you better get it now! This would make a great Gift for any collector - young or old! These are very tough to find!!!"

$35 for BIN when i can get it from small joes for $7.98 + shipping. Hum seem's I can refuse that BIN.

"Winner to add $8.00 shipping"

Seem's like he is just like the guy who charged me $5 shipping to send me a single figure in a bubble envalope that cost him $.79 and the shipping cost itself was $.49. So i paid for $3.72 for handling?

And mostly the reason I started this post was so people would be sure to watch out for things like this. And get a good laugh at how people value their stuff. Poor Thorn has already been taken by this guy.

TYPE*S*TOYS
06-20-2004, 07:08 AM
Considering Brian's Toys .com sold a raw C-7 Action Force Snake Eyes for $129.99 a graded AFA 80 with a Buy It Now for $250 is not out of line. - Bison- I am willing to bet you do not have an Action Force Snake Eyes if all you are willing to pay is $50. Loose Snake Eyes sell for more than that.

ShadowSnake
06-20-2004, 07:22 AM
To each his own. If you pay for it, then you either must have wanted it, or didnt do research on it to find out it isnt worth the cost you paid.

I also dont understand the complaining, but it is a free forum, and if complaining is what a person wants to do, then, just like passing up that high price, pass up the post with the complaints. smile.gif

Dave

thunt4
06-20-2004, 08:05 AM
I don't get why all the drama sometimes. I mean Most people selling have an idea of what items sell for. It can go either way up or down. To me a bin is for quick sale only or what I would do is put a stupid price up and see if there are any takers. I mean If you want to get rid of stuff quick then its fine but for the most part sellers want a high price so if you know the value why would you stick a bin closer to what the normal going rate is because you have to pay to use a bin. I mean chances are if the bin is close to going price its going to hit it if not go above it anyhow so whats the point.WHy not slap up a retarded price up and see if you get some nut who has more money than brains

themoney75
06-20-2004, 08:59 AM
do i think the guy selling the funskool is a con-artist maybe.he does say super scarce tough to find and rare.that sounds like he trying to con someone into buying on false statements.yes a lot of people put rare in there auctions on common stuff but to me the guy going all out to make a buyer think they are getting something super scarce.i sell on ebay not a lot if i ever put a funskool stormshadow and flint on ebay stateing rare, super scarce,tough to find you can dog me all night long on yojoe.this is my 2 cents smile.gif

red25thta
06-20-2004, 09:17 AM
I think the problem is with all this AFA. I mean I for one really don't care how the card look's. All I am looking for is the figure myself. Type S, I mean no offence by this but have you ever sold an accessory pack for $300? I have picked up 5 of them for no more than $1 or 2. All sealed. 1 unpounced that would probably go for an 80-85 easy. And I have sold a lot on ebay and my BIN's are usually just over the going price. Like when I sold my Tomahawk 100% complete my BIN was $100 with free shipping. It sold for $107 or something like that + shipping. Usually the only time I see BIN's used is when it is a good deal. Otherwise look at how many BIN's are still there on the last day of the auction. Having been listed for 6 days pervious. Also everyone put different values on what they have.

At least this guy is upfront with his shipping price. Unlike some who wait till it is over and then tell you it's $8 to ship this one figure.

Also remember what happened with that Flagg. Guy refuses to sell it and then relist it. Looking back at it, it looks like no one bid on it the second time.

jabba the drunk
06-20-2004, 10:03 AM
Also important to think about, is that the use of a BIN can certainly give an auction more exposure to a focused group of interests. It's sole purpose isn't just to get the buyer his BIN asking price.

An auction with a BIN on it, will appear in the "BIN" search withing a category. This is a section where MANY Gijoe collector's scan first, when they do their daily scanning for Joes. If you can find a sweet priced "BIN", it's great!

But, simply having a BIN on the auction will expose your auction to these focussed collectors. The seller's BIN might be outlandishly high (as they really might not expect to ever get that amount). But, what's important is the exposure of being included in the BIN search.

Just a little insight into why some people use BIN's with high amounts, that make others scratch their head's in bewilderment over.

-Peter

Deogg
06-20-2004, 10:27 AM
All of this over an unusually high BIN?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> he never mentions they're funskool. Seem to me he's trying to be misleading. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

With the pics he has, I would say it's far from misleading. If it didn't have pics showing VERY clearly that they are funskool, then it could be misleading.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> Are you guys kidding?
If you don't like the "Buy It Now", then don't use it!

I'm trying to understand why you are whining about somebody putting a high amount for the BIN. What you are really peaved about is that you consider the BIN as being the "this is what I think it's worth" amount.

Short answer: So what? So...let's say that this seller does get $35 for it. In your minds that makes him a "con artist", or "ripoff" or "scammer", etc, etc, etc... Maligning a seller like this...it's pitiful really.

Why can't these seller's ask whatever they wnat for their items? If you sell on Ebay, do you want all of us on this messageboard to demaind you sell your items at a certain price?

If it doesn't sell at the price they want or the BIN...so be it! Go find another one that is cheaper. Why on earth would you post about with these whiny comments?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

AMEN man!

He has a high BIN (and high shipping) on something....BIG BLASTED DEAL! We see high BIN's (and overpriced shipping) on ebay all the time. It's nothing new.

Besides, his opening bid isn't out of line at all. If it weren't for his feedback, I'd probably go for them at that much.

His descriptions are not a scam/rip-off attempt.....it's called MARKETING. How many people use any of those catch phrases in their auctions? A LOT. Whoop-de-doo. Way I see it, if he DOES get someone to do the BIN, good for him.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> I think the problem is with all this AFA <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This has absoultely nothing to do with AFA. Like I said, it's all in the marketing. Besides, I don't think ANY Funskool fig would get a high enough AFA grade to begin with to even be worth getting it graded.

A lot of BIN's don't get used, high, low, or otherwise. That's just the nature of the game.

wacker23
06-20-2004, 10:28 AM
hey bison since you feel that way..i will be glad to pay u 70 (not 50) for a snakeyes action force v2 in that condition moc..lets see if u can get me one. ;)

thorn
06-20-2004, 11:17 AM
hey as far as BIN- there are lots of reasons for having a high one-
i use a high one when i am not entirely sure i want to sell the fig-

BUT - the guy w/ the funskool- just cuz we all know what funskool is- not everyone does- and worse , i call the guy misleading simply because i know he knows better AND he is a BAD EBAYER- no contact, mega slow shipper , holds feedback hostage

yo-man2
06-20-2004, 02:26 PM
Yeah. 2000 / 226 = almost $77 dollar's each. If this sell's I am putting up all my crap with a huge price and hope some idiot buy's it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

um noo.....

The Faceless Master
06-24-2004, 10:00 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2467&item=5905234685&rd=1

A little high don't y'all think? I am not much into Funskool but come on that and $8 shipping?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

WOW, some poor schmoe actually paid the $35 for these two items!!!

gunless
06-25-2004, 04:43 AM
Holee crap. I'm gonna go buy me some funskool and put it up. :rolleyes: It HAS to be because the poor sucker didn't know they were funskool.

frenchy
06-25-2004, 10:47 AM
People just don't have the knowledge all us brilliant posters at Yojoe have... ;) :rolleyes:

Spillspleen
06-25-2004, 08:26 PM
Ooops...35 for two funkschool....o'well live and learn!!!