Not much more funskool? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Not much more funskool?

BIG BUFF
06-04-2004, 09:05 AM
Now this is just a wild guess but I would venture that we will not see too much more cool Funskool figures because Hasbro probably realizes that they can make a fortune by repainting figures and releasing them in sets over here in America than they could by sending them overseas. Plus they avoid the customs troubles and the possibility of molds getting lost. Now Hasbro might let us have some crappy choices like a Funskool Crystal Ball or Golobulous (J/K) but no more cool stuff like Zartan V1. Thats just my guess as to why Funskool has been so limited lately....

CobraGang
06-04-2004, 11:16 AM
Well that v1 Zartan from Funskool is crappy anyways. It looks like my daughter sculpted it with a chisel. Plus the pads won't stay on.

I don't feel for Funskool at all. Even though they do manage to pull through with a few good produced figs (Night Viper, CGI, Ripper, Storm Shadow, Croc-Master, Quick Kick). Most of the time the figures come out lookin' like some lazy jerkoff painted the figure while they were on their break and smokin' a cigarette at the same time (Scrap Iron, Mainframe-OH BOY!!, Big Boa, Gen. Hawk, Barbeque, Beach Head, etc).

Just had to vent that.....But it's true though. :rolleyes:

curmudgeon
06-04-2004, 11:18 AM
The funskool nightviper is great tho, if you ignore the cheesy yellow accessories.

wacker23
06-04-2004, 11:19 AM
tunnelrat looks cool hes better than the uk one and i paid 60 bucks for that

The Faceless Master
06-04-2004, 03:06 PM
I disagree. The only time old moulds are being used are for TRU Exclusives, but all the new waves are using the new moulds.

HOPEFULLY Funskool starts acquiring Headhunter Stormtrooper mould since TRU didnt use it for the Urban 6-pack. Just no wacky colors

Patrick A. Riley
06-04-2004, 03:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by donsbabyboo:

HOPEFULLY Funskool starts acquiring Headhunter Stormtrooper mould since TRU didnt use it for the Urban 6-pack. Just no wacky colors<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Isn't Stormtrooper rumored to be one of the "Brazilian Casualities?"

The Faceless Master
06-04-2004, 03:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Patrick A. Riley:

Isn't Stormtrooper rumored to be one of the "Brazilian Casualities?"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ugh!! :eek:
Oh man, that was one of my favorite moulds too.

joeboy75
06-04-2004, 05:43 PM
What other molds supposedly got ruined down in Brazil? (Sorry,off topic kind of..but I'm curious)

thebigzakbowski
06-04-2004, 06:04 PM
brazil or india killed the batv1 mold
brazil lost the viper v1 legs too

Patrick A. Riley
06-04-2004, 06:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by joeboy75:
What other molds supposedly got ruined down in Brazil? (Sorry,off topic kind of..but I'm curious)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Started topic about this subject:
http://www.toy-ads.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=8&t=004398

As for Funskool, they have only released about 3 or 4 new figures for each of the past few years. We got Windmill, maybe they are behind on others

joeboy75
06-04-2004, 06:54 PM
Wish they'd do more vehicles.

Blayloxzuess
06-05-2004, 05:47 AM
if people can clone animals in this day and age, I would imagine that someone must be able to re-make the mold for the Bat V1 or any of the other figures that the molds are lost.

TURNA
06-05-2004, 02:34 PM
hasbro owns funskool

bane
06-06-2004, 05:24 AM
Are the funschool figures lesser quality than the hasbro???? For instance, whats the differenc between a Hasbro Croc Master and a Fun School Croc Master??

The Faceless Master
06-06-2004, 06:15 AM
From my own personal experience having Crimson Guard Immortal from Hasbro & some from Funskool, the plastic used by Funskool is of a lot cheaper quality, kind of brittle.
There were also rumors that the paint used by Funskool was lead based.
Moreover, the weapons are colored differently or have different weapons all together. Sometimes the paint scheme is different like Tunnelrat seems to be a lot like the Euro TF version. I like the latest Tripwire they released but I am not too fond of the Windmill with his propeller backpack thingy. :rolleyes:

CobraGang
06-07-2004, 05:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bane:
Are the funschool figures lesser quality than the hasbro???? For instance, whats the differenc between a Hasbro Croc Master and a Fun School Croc Master??<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A Hasbro Croc Master will have a very detailed matching paint job, the mouth to shoulder hose will be a very flexible rubber, and the pet crocodile's leash will be a made of a sturdy rubber

A Funskool Croc Master will have dark green paint on the boots, gun holster and wrist band; and a light green paint on the chest and back (it doesn't match). The mouth to shoulder hose will be made of a hard plastic; and if you're not careful enough, you'll snap it in half trying to connect it. And the pet crocodile's leash is of a very flimsly rubber. If you attempt to have Croc Master hold the handle of the leash, the rubber might tear.